Topic: Maynard vs. Hall

Maynard vs. Hall

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.03.2016 | 2:14 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Maynard vs. Hall. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

SpiderSilvaUFC
SpiderSilvaUFC
  • Predictions:  2,310  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 200

12.03.2016 | 2:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hall   correct Decision  

T

"In this world you either Crank That Soulja Boy, or it cranks you."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.03.2016 | 5:14 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Maynard   wrong Decision  

Hope Maynard beats this compulsive blinker down, teach him a lesson grey! 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.03.2016 | 5:30 PM ET

I wasn't confident enough in Gray to bet on him but I don't see why Hall is the favorite over him, he's not going to be strong enough to bully around Gray nor does he have the striking acumen or takedown game for Gray to respect his game. I expect Gray to shut him out or possibly get a stoppage.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 7 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.04.2016 | 1:31 AM ET

Terrible fight. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.04.2016 | 5:58 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hall   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

I actually liked it a lot.

First of all ... it's something new, something different, Hall makes himself so hard to hit because he'll flop down when he's in danger gives all the guys that are just going through the motions something new to think about.

Now I have zero clue what Maynard was complaining about. A guy who made a career out of ground and pound is too scared to go into a guy's guard even though he's being outstruck by a HUGE margin on the feet. What d'you want him to do Gray? Be a nice chap and stand in the phone booth so you can hit him with your tiny arms because you clearly can't hit him from anywhere else? Maynard was treating Hall's guard as if he magically gets submitted the second he goes in there and totally regarding the fact that was more or less the only place he could hit Hall from and then blaming Hall for offering him that guard as his "defense" whenever he gets in a rough(ish) spot.

Hall threw a lot, he hit Maynard a lot and because he doesn't have the wrestling chops to defend a takedown the traditional way nor the striking chops to actually trade with someone high-level, he developed a method of being dangerous within his strong suit.

I doubt it's as effective against some of the higher up guys (or ones with a bit more upstairs than that potato Maynard calls a brain), but the only way Maynard would have any sort of reason to complain would be if Hall ran away the whole fight without mounting any offense. But he didn't. He mounted a ****load of offense, it was just not the type of offense we're used to seeing.

* Edited at 12.04.2016, 6:20 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.04.2016 | 10:03 AM ET

Yes, Maynard had nothing to complain about. I just wish he did more or there was a sub.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.04.2016 | 12:36 PM ET

maynard maybe over the hill ( it's sad kills me ) .. Hall is a deviously sneaky and smart lil ****. .. its okay sometimes even sneaky smart lil ****s who slime their way through everything have to dip their leg in the furnace eventually ! I wish I could be the one to punish Hall and devastate his annoying little face ... sorry universe, hopefully Lobov gets his 2nd chance to smite this blinky lil reject !

his grappling style is a lazy man's style too ! Rumpus Rowdy would twist his arm while her bf ( Travis Gargantuan ) stomps on his blinky face while he says sorry for his lame style ... Hall should go take a Lethwei or Thai fight try to sneaky lame duck his way through that ha !

* Edited at 12.04.2016, 12:44 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.04.2016 | 12:49 PM ET

You are completely right though Hall's guard injected a fear into Gray and he just couldn't pull trigger really painful to watch as a Grey guy ( already disliked Hall for other reasons) it's time for Hall to step up, dip that leg in the furnace ! Let's see if he can slime past  ... A Brian Ortega ? What about Teruto ?.. your day in the furnace of loss and shame will come Hall ! And I will bask in that shame 

* Edited at 12.04.2016, 12:56 PM ET *

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

12.04.2016 | 1:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Maynard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Nothing Hall is doing is remotely new... your just seeing it perhaps for the first few times...  BJJ is slap full of this in there tournaments....  But the reality is, does it fit in this formulated brand of MMA?... Its FAR too slow I think to satisfy most casual fans and there love especially lately of the stand up aspect of MMA... People want to see 2 guys standing and throwing kicks and punches ... Ryan almost acts as if hes the only one who's ever known about a 50/50 move or "fighting from the heel".... thats what I don't really care for in him... hes basically bringing serious JJ to the forefront and trying to adopt it to this current strata in MMA ... Ryan seems terribly smugg but he does so trying to charm you like that best friend on Beaver Cleavers show... that Eddie character...  

* Edited at 12.04.2016, 1:20 PM ET *

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

12.04.2016 | 1:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Maynard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Hate to bring up my guy...but a guy like Ryan would have gotten absolutely INHALED by my man Royce Gracie....  :)

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.05.2016 | 7:53 AM ET

Hall will never headline a PPV with this style.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.05.2016 | 9:37 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hall   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

He most likely won't regardless of his style. I believe he's going to get demolished WAY before he reaches anything remotely close to a main card fight. Anyone with the just a smidgen more fight IQ than Maynard will find his way around Hall's antics and punishing him for not being that good at fighting.

Regardless, I still found it interesting to see different questions offered in an MMA fight (and amusing how a fighter so robotic and programmed like Maynard has zero clue how to answer them barring flipping him off).

I don't think I could enjoy too many of Hall's fights that don't end up on the mat like I did this one, but I highly enjoyed this fight.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

12.05.2016 | 3:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hall   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Maynard should be just cut. He is useless at this point in his career.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 day, 8 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
ReeseNem
ReeseNem
  • Predictions:  175  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: -50

12.05.2016 | 5:05 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Maynard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Thats his way of getting paid and winning fights. leave him alone.

"We aint really with that talkin we bout dat action"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez content UFC on ESPN 55 served as reminder: 'Honestly, I haven't changed'