Topic: Nunes vs. Rousey

Nunes vs. Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

10.12.2016 | 3:21 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Nunes vs. Rousey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 6

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.06.2017 | 8:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

It not matter anyway. They will never fight each other again.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.06.2017 | 2:55 PM ET

@yasdas, Ronda didn't even try for a takedown or grappling, what are you talking about? Nunes would be an underdog just like the rest of them before the Holly fight. Statistically speaking you likely would've gone with the favorite like most since Ronda was eating up girls like Nunes and girls who already beat Nunes, like Zingano.

* Edited at 01.06.2017, 7:09 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, and 42 minutes from now.
TheFightReviewer
TheFightReviewer
  • Predictions:  278  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 0

01.07.2017 | 12:48 AM ET

This was some Chris brown, Rihanna type **** 

"Still got a better chin than Duffee"

TheFightReviewer
TheFightReviewer
  • Predictions:  278  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 0

01.07.2017 | 12:49 AM ET

This was some Rihanna, Chris brown type of beat down 

"Still got a better chin than Duffee"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.07.2017 | 10:45 AM ET

Funny

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

01.10.2017 | 1:15 AM ET

@Kuma  Sure, women's mma would have *eventually* came to be, but it could have easily taken another decade or more. Ronda made EVERYTHING possible for these girls fighting today and there's a lack of appreciation across the board. Your comments are almost as disrespectful as Nunes telling the world that she retired Rousey. Some sad ****.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.10.2017 | 1:20 AM ET

@fightreviewer ozzy ozzy ozzy ?? Don't dare talk aboot international celebrities with such an tone ! ( we are not worthy ! We are not worthy !! All hail Miley Cyrus' s dad ! 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

01.10.2017 | 4:12 AM ET

Sure we all have to respect what Ronda did for MMA. Without her, female fighters would not be where they are today. We also have to respect her career that is an incredible accomplishement.

That being said, i think Ronda was kind of overated during her career (a lot recently). Ronda have dominated a division in construction. This division is now really establishing itself with tough girls like Valentina, Amanda, Julianna, Holly.

The new era of women MMA is on another level. Holly and Amanda proves it. Ronda lost fair and square. She is a star and the UFC have oversell her potential and push the hype too much. She made some bad choices that are also part of all that (i am thinking to Tarverdyan) that shows a "lack" of knowledge in her own sport.

Lots of people defend her but her attitude as a champ was not exemplary (i am thinking to no glove touch with Holly who is one of the most gentle and respectable athlete in the sport and this is only one of the most known example). Maybe this a more personnal opinion.

She now have the choice to take herself back to the gym, make the good choices and proves to the world what she is capable of in adversity. (If she comes back, go for #10-#5 contenders)

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.10.2017 | 7:58 AM ET

Respect what she did but not her as a person.

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

01.10.2017 | 6:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

thats just it. holm broke ronda with a head kick and some hammer puches. what is that old saying .
"once you get hit in the face hard your gameplan changes and changes for future fights" ronda = lesnar. she could never take a decent punch or headkick to the face. (nunes fight)did she even try to throw a punch or attempt a judo throw?   lol.

* Edited at 01.10.2017, 6:37 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
StealingFire
StealingFire

01.11.2017 | 6:02 PM ET

I think you guys are full of crap. Carmouche had Ronda in much more trouble than Holm did and she came back and won that fight (in short order). Holm was a one-kick affair, Ronda moved the wrong way at the wrong time and it was over. Happens. Yeah, her strategy sucked and she might have lost anyway but you should have already taken my point. 

I'm not saying Ronda can come back and still be a star (or much of anything) in the sport, she's too shattered. But it's the difference between how she's been (and being) treated vs. other fallen champs. Anderson went down in flames and everyone still talks about his greatness; BJ Penn went down in flames (and continues to) and everyone still talks about his greatness; Cruz will very likely be next one to go down due to the sport's evolution (although I think it will be because he forgot how to fight with his blood up) yet people will hail him as a GOAT. 

Ronda did the impossible with half the world spitting in her face, and all people are saying about her is that she was overrated and over-hyped and we knew it all along (implied). I think the truth is that people secretly believed Ronda was "that good" yet STILL WANTED TO SEE HER FAIL. Name another UFC star that's received that kind of treatment from fans. Just sad.

@AlexSpanBjj  Her attitude as a champ was 100 times better than Conor's and I don't see too many people around here ragging on him.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.11.2017 | 6:32 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

*** are you talking about, one kick affair?  Might of lost anyways?  Are you blind? Your acting like Ronda, vs Holm was a close fight and Ronda just got caught. That not what happen, Ronda was getting dominated the entire fight. It was not remotely close fight. Holms did not just land a head kick, she beat Ronda every where which is why she was able to head kick Ronda so badly in the first place.

* Edited at 01.11.2017, 6:34 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

01.12.2017 | 3:28 AM ET

@StealingFire "Her attitude as a champ was 100 times better than Conor's and I don't see too many people around here ragging on him".

You don't see too many people raging on him? really? hmm... idk where you live not to see the bunch of haters.

Her attitude was 100 time better? Not in my opinion sorry. Conor is well known for his trashtalk and he don't hide it. The guy just know how to sell and promote the sport to another level. People eventually hate him for the trashtalk but this is just a tiny part of him. What i can easely remember with Conor is that he shakes hands and is very respectful after everysingle fight (which shows much more about the man than just the trashtalk)

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,174  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,974
  • Post Score: 195

01.12.2017 | 5:49 PM ET

Conor didn't remember someone congratulating Nate Diaz on beating him to randomly yell at them later.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

StealingFire
StealingFire

01.17.2017 | 10:29 PM ET

@Franklin880088

You're acting like Ronda vs Holm looked just like Ronda vs Nunes. I completely disagree. Ronda vs Holm wasn't really enough of a fight to know who's ultimately the better fighter. All I remember is Holm looking much bigger and being the more *patient* fighter. And when she saw her opportunity, she capitalized. And yes, Ronda helped her by moving into the kick. 

At any rate, people here are downvoting me because I hated on Cruz. I saw that coming. I have a lot more hating on him to do as I will never forgive him for that Dillishaw fight. 

@AlexSpanBjj I'll give Conor another look but I don't remember him ever touching gloves or showing anyone respect. And he's only positive for the sport if you thought Chael was positive. (which I certainly didn't)

Anyway, I repeat:

I'm not saying Ronda can come back and still be a star (or much of anything) in the sport, she's too shattered. But it's the difference between how she's been (and being) treated vs. other fallen champs. Anderson went down in flames and everyone still talks about his greatness; BJ Penn went down in flames (and continues to) and everyone still talks about his greatness; Cruz will very likely be next one to go down due to the sport's evolution (although I think it will be because he forgot how to fight with his blood up) yet people will hail him as a GOAT. 

Ronda did the impossible with half the world spitting in her face, and all people are saying about her is that she was overrated and over-hyped and we knew it all along (implied). I think the truth is that people secretly believed Ronda was "that good" yet STILL WANTED TO SEE HER FAIL. Name another UFC star that's received that kind of treatment from fans. Just sad.

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,021  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

01.18.2017 | 1:54 AM ET

@StealingFire ...What? Holm out-struck Rousey 38-17 and dominated her for nearly six minutes. Fans got to see more than enough to tell that Holm would beat Rousey more times than not. That fight wasn't even close. And I had picked Rousey going into the Holm fight.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Fight-By-Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Make your predictions for bantamweight title fight in Paris
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational Rules and Scoring
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Mania : A ‘Smashing’ Debut!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo has ‘several offers on the table’ after UFC 301 win but won’t make decision until hearing UFC offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington says ship sailed on Ian Machado Garry fight, wants Belal Muhammad or Charles Oliveira instead
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 medical suspensions: Nine fighters headed to shelf after St. Louis return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: Make your predictions for Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Covington Calls For ‘Legacy’ Fight Against Oliveira
  • UFC.com : Lerone Murphy Primed To Test Himself
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 13, 2024 - May 19, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Lerone Murphy: UFC Fight Night 241 headliner vs. Edson Barboza 'a fraud check' for me