Topic: Nunes vs. Rousey

Nunes vs. Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

10.12.2016 | 3:21 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Nunes vs. Rousey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Nalis1984
Nalis1984
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

10.17.2016 | 11:02 AM ET

Rousey win

Not an expert here but I think that Rousey would win...
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.17.2016 | 11:33 AM ET

There are serious questions about Ronda's mental psyche right now, but I don't see how Nunes beats her.

Women's MMA just hasn't moved far enough to be able to be seen as anything more than a match-up between styles. Ronda Rousey's skill level in judo is greater than Nunes' grappling and striking skill so there shouldn't be any problems for her. Furthermore, Nunes' aggression should play directly into Ronda's hands because the key to defeating Rousey is by managing distance.

On a sidenote, this is why I really want to see Cyborg/Rousey. They're both in-the-pocket fighters but with completely opposite styles, which should make for a fun (but quick) fight...that Cyborg would definitely win.

"الله أكبرl"

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

10.17.2016 | 11:52 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

If Rousey would beat Nunes, why wouldn't she beat Cyborg? Cyborg isn't all that good of a grappler, she kept pulling Carano directly into mount when they fought. If judo blitz beats Nunes, it can beat Cyborg too.

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

10.17.2016 | 2:26 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Hello, you must be new to MMA. Cyborg's grappling is legit as ****.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 6 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.18.2016 | 12:01 PM ET

It's a really interesting match-up. I think if Nunes plays a bit of a more measured, distance-oriented attack like she did against Tate, she can win it. Bust Ronda up and take the fight out of her. 

But if she gets tangled in the clinch or over-extends, I think she gets a little too wild and will play right into Ronda's game. 

Ronda isn't a great striker. She may not even be a good one. But revisionist history is doing damage to a stellar record. Nunes doesn't have the same movement as Holly Holm, and I think the footwork is what really did Ronda in. 

Very intriguing fight, though. Would not be surprised in the least to be wrong about the outcome. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

10.21.2016 | 1:16 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I don't see Nunez giving Ronda that much of a problem.. Ronda just needs to get through Nunez stand up and fights pretty much hers

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.13.2016 | 5:09 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Listening to Dana talking in the UFC 205 presser about Ronda storming off and he says she wasn't even supposed to interview and his production guy ****** up.

Dana covering for Ronda is becoming ridiculous. Don't think we didn't notice that actual footage of the KO isn't in the promo ... that along with the fact that Rogan said he's got a list of questions he's "allowed" to ask Ronda written on his hand (showing she was actually supposed to interview, not just face off).
Ronda actually wants her getting KO'd to disappear from the build up for this fight (no footage in the promos, no questions about it) and the UFC are actually going with it. I think it shows just how forced and fragile Ronda's return is. I think it's pretty dangerous. If I'm reading the situation correctly (of course I may be totally off on this, I've been wrong before) she's in no mental state to be fighting a beast like Amanda and the UFC and Dana, her "friend", doesn't give a **** just as long as he can get another 1M PPVs out of her before she ****s off into badly acting C-list action flicks until she's completely forgotten.

Come on, how stupid does he think we are? Since when do title fighters face-off and not interview? I'd go so far as to guess that's literally NEVER happened.

Also, when's the last time the UFC DIDN'T show a highlight KO in a promo? Umm, I'm gonna go with "never" for that one too.

EDIT:: I still think that Nunes doesn't present "Ronda's Kryptonite" in her arsenal and will quickly get clinched and subbed, but Ronda needs to be herself for that to happen. If she comes back hesitant we may see girls that she would've wiped out pre-Holly suddenly get the better of her because her main advantage was that she was WAY too aggressive to get away from and before you know it your in her world. Drowning.

* Edited at 11.13.2016, 5:12 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

11.13.2016 | 2:05 PM ET

edit.

* Edited at 11.13.2016, 2:11 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

Lewis_ENG
Lewis_ENG
  • Predictions:  77  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  69
  • Post Score: -186

11.20.2016 | 10:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

twist that arm you totty stop playing and make me feel that feeling inside again like when we first met

"After all is said and done, more is said than done." Aesop

Leto1776
Leto1776
  • Predictions:  716  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 45

12.13.2016 | 9:23 AM ET

Hoping Nunes pulls it off. WMMA needs Ronda's starpower, but I don't think she'll be around much longer either way, so etter for the credibilty of the division as a whole if Nunes wins.

"I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence" Ricky Bobby

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.13.2016 | 3:49 PM ET

MMA does not have many stars period. That is at least for right now.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Lakemonster18
Lakemonster18
  • Predictions:  4,924  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 26

12.14.2016 | 12:25 PM ET

Probably Nunes will win this fight, but its Ronda Rousey.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

12.18.2016 | 3:55 PM ET

elinajhon
elinajhon
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 20

12.19.2016 | 7:26 AM ET

Yeah . It is exciting. Obviously, the return of Ronda is a big deal...
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 7 months, 4 weeks, 16 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.19.2016 | 7:52 AM ET

Great card to end the year.

ahoward089
ahoward089
  • Predictions:  3,021  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 0

12.19.2016 | 8:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Not necessarily a fan of Nunes, but I would love to see her KO Rousey
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.20.2016 | 5:27 AM ET

When I first picked this fight I thought Nunes was going to be too aggressive not to fall into Ronda's clinch-n-toss ... but then I took a closer look at Nunes' striking game and saw that it's not just pure aggression, she uses great angles, darts in to strike and angles out and has a great gauge of distance. Angles are Ronda's Kryptonite (as opposed to what I said in an earlier post in this thread).

Switched to Nunes a week or so back and am feeling pretty confident with the pick.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.20.2016 | 7:22 AM ET

Ronda is just going to grab her and toss her to the ground, game over.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 6 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.20.2016 | 7:56 AM ET

Mikey, that is her best chance.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.20.2016 | 1:30 PM ET

Fck xmas this is my xmas right here, counting down the minutes -da Rumpus one vs the Lioness ?? When are you going to see two broads this tough look to cripple and humiliate ? ( outside of Jorina baars, Cyborg,  Helen Maroulis, that bjj guy who scammed Gray Maynard. . Yeah that's a broad, like Fallen Fox) 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out