Topic: Fantasy & Games

BLC 7. Participation Trophies since no one knows who won for weeks?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Hush
Hush
  • Predictions:  1,159  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 124

08.14.2016 | 8:06 AM ET

Not to sound like too big of a whiner, but, can none of the people running the game put up the scores so people actually know who won? Still have no idea who won last week. No thread has been made. I mean, if you guys are too busy to do it, let people know. Also, I'm going to suggest including less low level events that require a week sometimes to get results for. It would make this go so much smoother if the competition stayed true to it's name and picked BIG LEAGUE events. Not ASPERA. Not RFC. Not KOTC. It should be UFC, One, WSOF, Bellator, Jungle Fights, Pancrase, Shooto, CES/RFA/Axs ****, and the occasional M1/KOTC/Aspera/RFC/whatever. But only if the card is really really good. Putting 10 events up each week (some of which are downright scraping the bottom of the barrel) and then captains voting "ALL" every week is causing a huge delay and causing myself and probably others to grow impatient and lose interest. This is just a suggestion to make things go smoother. If you want to make a game where people pick 3-2 guys against 1-0 guys how about calling it "Little League Spit" or something? Get your **** together homies. Get your **** directly together.

Also, I expect about 20 - 30 downthumbs/votes/arrows on this. The more the better. Don't disappoint me. Dislike the **** out of it. Please.

* Edited at 08.14.2016, 8:07 AM ET *

"Evils draw men together." - Hush

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.14.2016 | 9:04 AM ET

The only missing scoreboard is for last week. That's week (single), not weeks (plural).

Plus, I don't think you're gonna get 20-30 downvotes because I don't think 20-30 people care that much about this game.

And last but not least, the delay in the threads isn't on account of the lower-level events not being scored in time, that's completely on me and my busy schedule, We've had the scores for the last event in since last Wednesday and I just haven't got round to making the thread.

It is what it is man, I'm 38 years old with two kids and a job, I do my best to get **** done in time in order to not have it effect the game, but sometimes (especially in August with the kid being home a lot for summer holidays gets me behind on my work) it just won't happen. If anyone wants to pick up the job I'd be more than happy to pass it on, I've been doing it since season 2 and the only reason I picked it up again this season is because people started talking about wanting the game back, as far as I was concerned I was "retired".

Just so you know, it takes me 2-3 hours to get each weekly thread up, the only time I have for this is usually from after my son goes to sleep (around 20:30 at night), that means that most of the times you see this thread come up, I've been working on it from around 21:00 'till 1:00 (sometimes even later).

EDIT:: And no, I didn't downvote you, just trying to explain what the other side of this game looks like.

* Edited at 08.14.2016, 9:09 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

08.14.2016 | 9:39 AM ET

It usually does take about 6 weeks to get KOTC results.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

08.14.2016 | 11:10 AM ET

I think it's important to have lower level events too,for many reasons.It shows you can pick with little to go on and actually have to study the fight.If we end up with weeks with just 3 big events,which most have odds for and people can just go by that,it would also make it easier for the better team to lose.The more events the bigger chance the better/harder working team wins as opposed to a few events,that doesn't really separate the teams in terms of skill it's just like whoever kinda get's lucky for a lack of a better term.

The events that don't have results by the following weekend,possibly picking a designated time like sunday 10 pm est (I would like much earlier),should simply be scrapped (as far as BLC) or the partial results for that event used.i like having to study the lower level events,you learn about fighters and then the next time you see them you're already familiar with them.Picking just big events you pretty much know everyone already.

I think next season,if there is one,there should just be more people involved in running it,everyone with their own pretty simple responsibility relieving some of the work load and leg work.Running these types of things are usually 10x harder than players who haven't done it understand.If someone can't get to their responsibility in a decent time they message someone else to cover them that week and everyone just stay communicative,maybe a thread dedicated to the people involved in running it just discussing and letting each other know what's up.

I would like to see things more organized,but i'm just happy we got another season going and I appreciate everyone's hard work,but I don't think less events is the answer in anyway.Toll is usually always very fast to add numbers to the spreadsheet,i'm assuming he's on vacation,or something out of the ordinary happened,cause it's unusual for him not to have Aspera numbers in yet.I would do it today,and post unofficial results,but that's a good bit of work without access to the spreadsheet,but I was kind of planning on it already.

This was the first week we didn't have results for so long,it hasn't really been a problem,I see this as an isolated situation not something that happens all the time so I don't really give a **** that it's so late.If you wanted you can simple add your team stuff up yourself and figure out who won it would take 15 minutes.I have everyone on my team on 'follow' so I just go to the event and click "compare" and their numbers are right there,and an event like Aspera shouldn't have too many players to sift through to get your opponents numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OB2Oe76C_BjDL2IMpRbfkV3J4NOwhNb6RmVTqr6ONDY/pubhtml#

* Edited at 08.14.2016, 11:12 AM ET *

Hush
Hush

08.14.2016 | 1:39 PM ET

@Yoss That's completely understandable, but are Toll and OMG in the same boat where they couldn't at least make a thread posting winners and losers at the very least just a little head's up? And I thank you for the time you and the other guys put into this. It just seems like better communication between the three guys running things and the players would be massively helpful.

yossgold
yossgold

08.14.2016 | 1:54 PM ET

OMG has been up to his ears with work and Toll has been spot on every weekend except for the last two because he's on a road trip.

We do our best man, but you know, real life sometimes gets in the way of Internet games. These past couple of weeks have been "slumpy", but I'll most likely pick the pace back up this coming week. It's a long season and August is just that kind of month for people with kids.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Hush
Hush

08.14.2016 | 2:03 PM ET

Ok, I wasn't trying to bust on you guys or anything. I was just curious what was up. Now that I know the reasons I'm 100% sympathetic and understanding. You guys do a great great job, that's why I was a little confused with the lack of results. I didn't know what was up. That was mostly the point of this thread, and to whine about some of the events that are picked, lol. I definitely appreciate what you guys do, so please don't mistake that. 

yossgold
yossgold

08.14.2016 | 2:54 PM ET

Nah, it's cool man, I didn't take it in a bad way, just tried to explain. We're good :)

Toll
Toll
  • Predictions:  46,751  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  368
  • Post Score: 542

08.14.2016 | 4:06 PM ET

Scores Update

Apologies to everyone, I've been out of town and unable to get on a computer for some time. 

I finished up last week's scores, the link should still be around on the week 5 thread somewhere.

I'm pressed for time, so I was only able to start this week's scores, double check them - I was in a hurry.
I'll be back on track in the next day or two. 

Here is your >> Week 6 Update <<

"Any craft who'd fain To cross the Sea Lords Special Royal Domain Must pay the tribute that King Neptune wishes And be received by mermaids sharks & fishes For we'll see you on the morn. Any who resist will wish he'd not been born"

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

08.14.2016 | 4:12 PM ET

week 5 final scores (thanks Toll)

Week 5 Final Scores

* Edited at 08.14.2016, 4:12 PM ET *

Hush
Hush

08.14.2016 | 5:34 PM ET

Awesome work Toll. I feel like a ****** now. Lol.

yossgold
yossgold

08.15.2016 | 5:02 AM ET

@Hush, no need to mate ...

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Jon Jones falls out of top 5
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of Benavidez?’: Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge