Topic: Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz

Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,769  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,648
  • Post Score: 60

06.07.2016 | 12:09 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.07.2016 | 12:09 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Decision  

Great fight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

mattjawor
mattjawor
  • Predictions:  172,130  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 117

06.07.2016 | 9:13 AM ET

Prediction: correct Kowalkiewicz   correct Decision  

It could possibly be the next title eliminator, good job UFC for this fight

"I hope it's worth it what's left behind me"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.07.2016 | 12:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

the level of competition Rose has faced is much better,  but it still should be a good fight.  like always Im with Rose

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,063  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

06.07.2016 | 12:53 PM ET

I wouldn't say much better. The best girl rose fought was esparza who choked her out. Karolina has fought kalindra faria whose a beast,mizuki inoue whose extremely solid,randa Markos who is very talented,former invicta champ simona soukupova,Heather Clark who imo is very underrated and she fought the champ Joanna um however her last name is spelled. Better competition,possibly,much better,I don't agree at all.

* Edited at 06.07.2016, 12:55 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

06.07.2016 | 2:02 PM ET

Esparza was the champion and it was Namajunas 4th professional so her getting choked out its not a terrible thing to me. The best opponent Karolina has faced imo is Inoue  other than that there´s Heather Clark and the best opponent she has defeated is Bec Rawlings, enough said.  Randa Markos has faced better competition and is a good fighter I agree but she and Inoue are not better comp than Tecia Torres, Angela Hill, PVZ and Esparza, and thats not even taking into acount the girls she defeated in TUF being Randa Markos one of them.

edit: Kalindra Faria has been a beast against mostly cans, so theres that

its cool we dont agree, I still think im right, but we should let the girls prove who´s right, and if you are in we can make a bet 

* Edited at 06.07.2016, 2:04 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Kuma
Kuma

06.07.2016 | 2:37 PM ET

Make a bet on what? I said I don't think her competition is MUCH better,probably a little better but not MUCH better.I think most of the girls  i Iisted are right around the level of Torres,hill and pvs while joanna champion is better than esparza, so I think thier competition is quite similar, but yeah that's just my opinion.   Faria had a split with karolina and a close fight with Jessica Aguilar recently who was recently considered the number one in the world,so there is that.

* Edited at 06.07.2016, 2:43 PM ET *

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,043  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.07.2016 | 3:32 PM ET

I think the winner of this almost definitely gets the winner of Joanna/Claudia. The timing lines up perfectly.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

somersufc
somersufc
  • Predictions:  3,140  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 160

06.07.2016 | 3:36 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Thug Rose has the stand up to get inside to the clinch area to not only set up her clinch strikes but also set up her takedowns. On the mat she wins this fight handily.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willingness is not enough, we must do." -Bruce Lee

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.07.2016 | 4:34 PM ET

Yes. If this fight hits the mat, Rose gonna roll. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

06.07.2016 | 7:43 PM ET

@Kuma a bet on the match, youn know and Av/sig bet just for lulz not world domination or a penis contest

* Edited at 06.07.2016, 7:44 PM ET *

Kuma
Kuma

06.07.2016 | 8:09 PM ET

Damn, I been looking for a way to gain world domination. My crayon smuggling syndicate just isn't paying off. My opinion on whether rose has fought much better competition has little to do with who I think wins this fight,I'm not sure where you got the idea I am picking karolina cause I'm probably not.

if I change my pick I'll let you know. My dog picks are the reason I'm in 2nd for the UFC competition so far this season,but I don't think I'll be taking this one. I'll take a 6 month sig bet on the UFC competition next season if you don't mind it being a long affair.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.08.2016 | 3:45 AM ET

People are sleeping on Karolina's ground game, I don't think they're as unevenly matched as guys here are suggesting if it hits the mat (same about Rose's striking by the way, it's got much better than it was, she's added proper footwork and combinations and tightened it up a bit, so Karolina won't blast her if it stays standing).

This is a pretty evenly matched fight with maybe a slight edge to Rose on the mat and to Karolina standing, but neither have a fight swaying edge anywhere. I'd say it comes down to who performs better on the night.

Also, as for level of opposition, I see PVZ and Angela Hill (at least where she was at the point in time she fought Rose) as complete mismatches given Rose's style so I wouldn't put them to high up there in the "level of opposition" discussion. She lost to Carla so basically Tecia is her main signature win.

I personally think that Randa+Inuoe+HJC+Faria > 3 fights into her career Hill+PVZ (tough cooking but too many holes)+Torres+Kagan, or at least close enough for the level of opposition argument not to come into play as a major factor. In fact, the only thing that may add a tad more of a mental edge would be that Rose has already fought for the belt, but I doubt that'll be a game-changer.

Both have good striking, good ground games, are in more or less the same spot in their careers (well, not age-wise, but the rest is virtually identical). It'll come down to the night, not who can get this fight into their "power-house".

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.08.2016 | 3:48 AM ET

By the way, I have absolutely no idea why I have Karolina winning by SUB3 as my tentative pick, I can't remember when or why I made that pick since it makes no sense to me :D

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

06.08.2016 | 8:04 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Tough to pick a winner.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,043  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.08.2016 | 2:17 PM ET

How much have you had, Yoss?

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

06.08.2016 | 2:54 PM ET

@kuma I tought you were going for karolina. as for the UFC contest no thanks, life is hard enough without getting ****d at an MMA picking contest. but maybe we can do a parlay bet sometime. Im always up for a bet (at least when I think I have a chance).

I don´t think the fight is unevenly matched,  I´ve picked karolina to won 6 times and onjly to lose 1, but I do think Rose will win the fight. 

* Edited at 06.08.2016, 3:17 PM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.08.2016 | 5:34 PM ET

Karolina is not tapping Rose out, if anyone's getting tapped, it's her.

* Edited at 06.08.2016, 5:34 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 week, 5 days, 9 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

06.08.2016 | 11:51 PM ET

I actually thought Karolina's next fight would be at UFC Hamburg against either Esparza or Torres.

Pleasantly surprised by this annoucement.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

06.09.2016 | 8:05 AM ET

Rose will prove a lot if she wins.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.09.2016 | 3:43 PM ET

Rose is ranked higher, fought better competition and is likely the better all around fighter at the moment. Karolina has a lot more to gain and prove from this fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 week, 5 days, 9 hours, and 57 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo explains calling out Rob Font to fight at UFC Apex
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant and Elle Brooke Face Off Ahead of Their Misfits Boxing Title Fight on May 25
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier plays matchmaker for Conor McGregor after UFC 303 – win or lose
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Newark
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier still unsure about retirement ahead of UFC 302, but ‘I’m not going to climb the ladder again’
  • UFC.com : Four Fights To Follow At Cage Warriors 172
  • Middle Easy : Video – Ex-UFC Standout Greg Hardy Suffers Brutal Knockout Loss in Latest Boxing Endeavor
  • MMA Mania : Elle Broke? ‘Dumbledong’ Couldn't Afford Lesnar Walkout
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Islam Makhachev must take Dustin Poirier down right away or 'it's going to be dangerous'
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Makes Bold Makhachev vs. Poirier Prediction Ahead of UFC 302 Headliner
  • Jits Magazine : Tackett Brothers Withdraw From ADCC 2024 For CJI, Replaced By Andy Varela And Elder Cruz
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fires back at critics questioning why she still fights: ‘I do whatever the f*ck I want’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s in there with a different animal’: Okolie expects vicious win over Rozanski
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad says time with MMA's Michael Jordan and LeBron James has him ready for UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Will Fight ‘The Rock’ In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Dates And Location Announced For Inaugural Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter stretchered out of cage after vicious knockout
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall starts in on new MMA journey with hope for eventual Claressa Shields rematch
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy folded by brutal knockout in boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy folded up after brutal knockout in boxing match