Topic: Lawler vs. Woodley

Lawler vs. Woodley

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

05.04.2016 | 8:37 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Lawler vs. Woodley. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.05.2016 | 4:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@Hyrm So?  The UFC made a promise to Arlovski after UFC 187 that he was getting the winner of Velasquez-Werdum.  And what happened?  Arlovski got the short end of the ******* stick.

"..."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,480  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,978
  • Post Score: 194

05.05.2016 | 6:04 PM ET

UFC breaks promises all the time but have somehow felt the need to give Woodley a title shot because Hendricks missed weight and didn't fight Woodley. Never mind that Woodley's on only a two fight winning streak, his win against Gastelum was super unimpressive, and at this point Thompson, Magny, and Maia are all on better runs. Plus Condit should have gotten the decision against Lawler and has a better case for a rematch than Woodley does for a shot regardless of what happened in the past.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

05.05.2016 | 11:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

They should have broken another promise, easy KO win for Robbie.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 day, 16 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.06.2016 | 12:26 AM ET

Sounds like Condit is angling for a Diaz rematch. I'm hearing some chatter that there's some weirdness going on at the top of 170. Idk what's up, but this Lawler-Woodley bout is not signed.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

05.06.2016 | 1:10 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I'm getting the feeling that overall UFC 201 is going to be kinda a meh card or at least underrated. Possibly because it's going to share the same PPV month as UFC 200.

UFC 202 on the other hand could be another mega card with Conor/Diaz II and Condit/Diaz II as the main and co-main.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,556  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

05.06.2016 | 7:57 AM ET

Promises mean nothing.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.17.2016 | 4:41 PM ET

Confirmed

Lame.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.18.2016 | 4:17 AM ET

This is going to suck.  I just hope that Lawler starches Woodley within three rounds.  If Woodley wins, it'll be such a ******* joke.

"..."

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,085  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

05.26.2016 | 2:03 PM ET

Lawler pulls of a KO near the 2nd or 3rd round.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.27.2016 | 6:47 AM ET

Woodley will probably tire out within 2 rounds due to Lawlors pace.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.26.2016 | 5:54 AM ET

Woodley's "road to the title:

- 4-1 in his last five fights 
- Win over washed up Koscheck 
- His best "win" is over Condit via he tore his ACL 
- A DECISIVE loss to a guy who lost to the champ twice (MacDonald) 
- 2 wins over (sort of) ranked guys, neither in the top 5 or even close (Gastelum was ranked 15 at the time, DHK was also outside the top 10) 
- Made weight before the Henricks fight (his best achievment in the "streak" outside his "win" over Condit) 
- Waited on the sidelines for a year and a half for a promised title fight as if he'd been on a 10 fight win streak, cleaned out the top 10 and was the clear #1 contender 

Wonderboy:

- 7 fight win streak 
- Beat #1 contender Rory MacDonald (yup, that same guy who decisivey beat Woodley) 
- Killed ex-champ Hendricks 
- Looked amazing doing it 
- Has a full head of hair and a smile you would die for 

Maia:

- 5 fight win streak 
- Wins over more relevant guys than Woodley (Brown, Gunni, Magny > DHK, out of shape Gastelum, Koscheck) 
- Hasn't been on the bench for almost 2 years

The only reason he's getting the shot is because he pissed and moaned so much about Hendricks not making weight that they promised him the fight (something he's still doing even in the countdown). 

His title eliminator fight was against the scales.

Another thing they're trying to sell in the countdown is that, and I quote, "Woodley has all the tools necessary to make this another fight of the year candidate" ... hell no. Woodley either finishes it fast or fades mid round 2. Why they have zero respect for the fan's ability to analyze a clash of styles is beyond me. Woodley vs. Lawler isn't going to be a 5 round war (or if it does, it's an anomaly, not a selling point for in the pre-fight bells and whistles). 

There, now I've got that out of my system for the last time, now I can sit back and enjoy this fight because whether I like it or not, it's happening and it's a fun fight.

* Edited at 07.26.2016, 6:25 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.26.2016 | 8:00 AM ET

Sometimes the champ needs an easier fight.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.26.2016 | 8:55 AM ET

I don't even think it's that, Tyron has ways, well, a way to win ... it just doesn't involve a 5 round war if you're in the pre-fight perspective. This isn't an easy fight by any means. Tyron is legit.

He's explosive, fast, powerful, Robbie's definitely hittable ... it wouldn't be a complete shocker if Woodley lands a fight ender.

I just think when selling a fight, give the fans credit, sell the THE fight at hand, don't just regurgitate generic ****.

* Edited at 07.26.2016, 8:55 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.26.2016 | 8:59 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong Decision  

Woodley will be dangerous for 1½ rounds, after that, smooth sailing.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

07.26.2016 | 12:39 PM ET

Lawler is an animal, he will maul Woodley. Lawler TDD is crazy good now, he keeps the fight standing and tells Woodley to bang it out, Woodley obliges and gets put to sleep.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,988  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,380
  • Post Score: 40

07.26.2016 | 3:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong Decision  

I think most people are looking at this as a squash match. Woodley might not be deserving, but he's definitely game and has the tools to slow the fight down. I still think robbie is the superior fighter, but this won't be easy.
SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

07.26.2016 | 5:04 PM ET

So

You all think the 3 white contenders deserve the title shot more hmm... (Condit, Maia, Wonderyboy)

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.27.2016 | 4:46 AM ET

Woodley needs to win this in the 1st round or 2. He certainly can KO lots of guys in this division but he really is a 1st round fighter, and he's not very technical on the feet so he has to rely on power shots. Lawler is too good to get caught by Woodley, he will piece him up, defend takedowns and finish him at the end of the 2nd.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 day, 16 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.27.2016 | 7:54 AM ET

i can see Lawler getting flasjmh KOed but i would not bet on it.

LeetKuneDo
LeetKuneDo
  • Predictions:  458  |  53.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 38

07.28.2016 | 3:51 PM ET

Lawler will use his experience and Champion mindset to keep Woodley at bay. Woodley's cardio will fade in the 2nd round, allowing Lawler to knock him out.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Luiza Monteiro Announces Retirement At IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Nicholas Meregali Proposes His Own Event To 4 Other Competitors
  • Jits Magazine : Joao Gabriel Rocha Announced For Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: BMF Holloway Vs. Chandler? ‘The Show Must Go On!’ Even With Missing Mac
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Matthews hates decision wins like UFC 302, but wants a test vs. Neil Magny
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : No Time For BS! Harrison ‘Carried PFL On My Back’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC CEO Dana White reveals next BMF title fight is being worked on
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Releases Statement Following Press Event Cancelation, Ariel Helwani Sheds Additional Light on the Situation
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland blames 'awkward' UFC 302 fight on Paulo Costa: 'What the f*ck are we doing here?'
  • MMA Mania : Usman And Poirier Would ‘Push Each Other To The Brink’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier urges Dustin Poirier not to retire after UFC 302: 'He's got a lot of money to be made'
  • MMAFighting.com : Randy Brown reveals he ‘destroyed’ foot barely 1 minute into UFC 302: ‘That’s my luck’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Believes Dustin Poirier Has Plenty Left in the Gas Tank: ‘He Can Do This For a Long Time’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso perplexed by Valentina Shevchenko's claim of theme change for UFC 306 at Sphere
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Valentina Shevchenko | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Valentina Shevchenko Talks TUF 32 | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Mania : Reports, Speculation Signal McGregor ‘Minor Injury’
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Alexa Grasso | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Daniel Rodriguez Banking On UFC ‘War’ With Kelvin Gastelum: ‘The Bigger The Name…’