Tapology Forums

Fights To Make Following UFC 196: McGregor Vs Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

IAmLegend012
IAmLegend012
  • Predictions:  1,649  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 158

03.06.2016 | 2:23 AM ET

MAIN CARD

Nate Diaz Vs Eddie Alvarez
Conor McGregor Vs Frankie Edgar

Miesha Tate Vs Ronda Rousey III
Holly Holm Vs Amanda Nunes

Ilir Latifi Vs Patrick Cummins / Antônio Rogério Nogueira Winner
Gian Villante Vs Nikita Krylov / Francimar Barroso Loser

Corey Anderson Vs Ovince St. Preux
Tom Lawlor Vs Sean O'Connell

Amanda Nunes Vs Holly Holms
Valentina Shevchenko Vs Bethe Correia / Raquel Pennington Loser

PRELIMINARY CARD 

Siyar Bahadurzada Vs Mike Pyle
Brandon Thatch Vs Gasan Umalatov

Nordine Taleb Vs Ryan LaFlare
Erick Silva Vs Jake Ellenberger

Vitor Miranda Vs Chris Camozzi
Marcelo Guimarães Vs Cezar Ferreira / Caio Magalhães Loser

Darren Elkins Vs Brian Ortega
Chas Skelly Vs Clay Guida

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Diego Sanchez Vs Joe Lauzon
Jim Miller Vs Ross Pearson / Abel Trujillo Loser

Jason Saggo Vs Islam Makhachev / Drew Dober Winner
Justin Salas Vs Scott Holtzman

Teruto Ishihara Vs Alex Caceres
Julian Erosa Vs Phillipe Nover

Responses

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

03.06.2016 | 3:27 AM ET

- Based on their last fight, I have no interest in watching RDA vs. Diaz II. Alvarez vs. Diaz makes a lot of sense. I believe they have some beef too. The winner of Alvarez/Diaz would in line for the next shot at the LW belt.

- McGregor said he's planning on defending his FW belt next. That fight should really do the Frankie/Conor fight next. Frankie deserves it, and it's a fresh match up.

- I think we'll see Ronda come back earlier than expected; since she doesn't have to worry about being kicked in the face by Tate.

- Wouldn't it be great to watch Cyborg vs. Holm at a catchweight of 140. I'd be a lot cooler if Holm was still the 135 champ and they had super fight at UFC 200. But still, imagine Tate/Rousey III, and Holm/Cyborg underneath. If Holm could win that fight, that would put her right in line for the shot at the UFC belt again.

- If Nunes fights for Tate's belt next, they should stick that thing on free TV. I don't think it's a compelling enough fight to even be the co-main of a PPV. Cat Zingano needs to get back into the game!

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

EricSchuiteboer
EricSchuiteboer
  • Predictions:  500  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 75

03.06.2016 | 4:14 AM ET

I like the way you think!
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.06.2016 | 4:14 AM ET

@unbeknownst,
- I agree, though I'd say Diaz kinda deserves a shot at the title and there is the "disinterest, injured, out-of-shape" Diaz fought RDA angle to play on, though no matter how great Nate has looked in his last two fights that doesn't change the fact that both Diaz bros' achilles heel is good wrestlers, RDA is a a crazy good wrestler, Diaz/Alvarez seems pretty much the route to go, let RDA heal up properly.

- Yup.

- Ronda/Tate is frustrating because even though Miesha's got better, she still NEEDS her grappling to beat any one of the top girls (I know she thinks she's become Bruce Lee, she hasn't), and that's one area Ronda will always trump her in. Even in their last fight, every time Miesha was having some sort of success she took Ronda down and got flipped.

- Fun fight, though I don't see UFC ego bending for anything that isn't a pure money fight and at this point in time, Cyborg/Holm is for the hardcores, I don't think it's a money-fight as far as they're concerned. Had they not had all the back-and-forth in the past I think they could just make that kind of fight as part of the UFC 200 spectacle.

- I really hope Tate gets Nunes before Ronda, I believe Tate's the worst matchup on the planet for Nunes, a durable pitbull that won't go away within the first 2 rounds, could be a nice defense for Miesha.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.06.2016 | 10:27 AM ET

Now is the chance for Rousey to come back and not be as gunshy. This would be perfect for UFC 200.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

03.06.2016 | 3:28 PM ET

I agree on several of your matchups.

Holm vs. Zingano, Nunes/Pena, and Schevchenko/Reneau would be how I would match the women's BW contenders but Tate/Nunes would work for me as well. 

I'd make Latifi vs. Anderson and Villante is 4-4, Barroso 4-1, & Krylov 4-2 so either the Hester/Rogerio de Lima or Blachowicz/Pokrajac loser would make more sense to me.

Siyar is 2-2 so I'd match him up with 1 of the other 3 2-2 WWs coming off a win: Benoist, Moontasri, or Yakovlev. Moontasri would be the most fun.

Thatch vs. either Sullivan or Musoke and loser gets cut if he isn't already.

Taleb/Strickland would be more even. I think LaFlare would beat both easily.
Ellenberger is probably the best matchup for Silva. If not then Masvidal, John Howard, Noke, or Saunders

Miranda vs. McCrory and Guimaraes vs. Boetsch

I agree with Ortega for Elkins but Bektic, Tavares, or even Bermudez would be good as well
Skelly vs. Kawajiri seems tailor made

If not Lauzon then Poirier for Diego
Jim Miller vs. Michael Johnson or Joe Proctor

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

03.06.2016 | 6:56 PM ET

Since we've already seen RDA vs. Diaz, I wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC capitalize on Nate's popularly bump and have him fight Lawler at UFC 200. That is if the UFC can't get GSP to come back in time for that event. It seems logical, Diaz is probably a bigger draw now than either Condit or Woodley.

Not bad for a guy that supposedly doesn't move the needle.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.06.2016 | 7:37 PM ET

Nate Diaz Vs Eddie Alvarez (great fight if it happens)
Conor McGregor Vs Frankie Edgar

Miesha Tate Vs Ronda Rousey III (go figure this is the fight that Ronda comes back for, and she will lose to Tate this time.)
Holly Holm Vs Amanda Nunes

Ilir Latifi Vs Patrick Cummins / Antônio Rogério Nogueira Winner
Gian Villante Vs Ed Herman

Corey Anderson Vs Jimi Manuwa
Tom Lawlor Vs Sean O'Connell

Valentina Shevchenko Vs Ashlee Evans-Smith

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.06.2016 | 9:04 PM ET

I would not be surprised at all if we get a Tate-Holm rematch at UFC 200. Dana White confirmed that Rousey isn't coming back until October or November. They could easily setup the Tate-Holm fight in July and the winner would have plenty of time to prep for the Rousey fight. It would either re-establish Holm as the champ and setup Holm-Rousey 2, a big rematch, or it would further solidify Tate as the champ and make the trilogy fight with Ronda more compelling. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.06.2016 | 9:13 PM ET

Why not have Tate take on someone else, and set up Holm vs Rousey 2 as a 5 round non title fight... guarantee the bigger money fight (Holm/Rousey) takes place.

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051

03.06.2016 | 11:47 PM ET

I think the "someone else" part of that is the reason. Tate vs. Nunes? Can't put that **** on FS1. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

03.07.2016 | 12:52 AM ET

Tate-Holm II is not a big enough title fight to be on UFC 200.

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.07.2016 | 5:44 AM ET

Nate vs. Alvarez (agreed)
Conor vs. Frankie (agreed)
Tate vs. Rousey III (agreed)
Holm vs Nunes (agreed)
Latifi vs Manuwa
Villante vs Feijao
Beastin 25/8 vs OSP (agreed)
Lawlor vs O'Connell (agreed)
Shevchenko vs Murphy
Bahadurzada vs Pyle (agreed)
Thatch vs Noke
Taleb vs Thiago Alves
Erick Silva vs Yakovlev
Miranda vs Camozzi (agreed)
Elkins vs Kawajiri
Skelly vs Cole Miller
Diego vs Lauzon (agreed)
Jim Miller vs Makdessi
Saggo vs Jon Tuck
Ishihara vs Noad Lahat
Erosa vs Kikuno
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.07.2016 | 7:27 AM ET

I think Alvarez would beat Nate via LNP.

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,005  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.07.2016 | 9:48 AM ET

Miesha Tate Vs Ronda Rousey III or Nunes depending on when Rousey comes back
Holly Holm Vs Cat Zingano

Corey Anderson Vs Misha Cirkunov

Amanda Nunes Vs Tate or Tate/Rousey winner or Julianna Pena if she doesn't get fired or ?
Valentina Shevchenko Vs Bethe Correia / Raquel Pennington Loser

Vitor Miranda Vs Santos/Marquardt winner

Cut: Justin Salas, Brandon Thatch

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

03.07.2016 | 4:34 PM ET

they would never give conor to edgar next. thats a guaranteed lose. i say they give him a fringe top 15 opponent at LW and pay frankie 100,000 to wait for next fight. nunes has no cardio and could never beat the top three at BW. pena would be good fight. i never want to see thatch fight again. no stamina \ no heart and could not even throw a haymaker in 3rd round. jeremy stephens throws haymakers for all rounds against all types of fighters. i would cut thatch, noons and fejao for all their patetic performances. just give conor a striker.

erick silva looked like zhit too. i think matt brown ****** him up mentally with the boken jaw and other assorted **** when they fought. i also think rothwell will steamroll dos santos. i think dos santos has taken to many shots to the head and rothwell can take more punishment than any other HW out there. and dish it out.

* Edited at 03.07.2016, 4:36 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 day, 4 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.09.2016 | 7:29 AM ET

They do need Conor to win his next fight and Edgar is not the right path for that.

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

03.09.2016 | 9:08 AM ET

Nate Diaz vs Justin Bieber 
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/9/11184604/justin-bieber-says-diazs-style-is-terrible-nate-responds

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

03.09.2016 | 9:25 AM ET

Nate should should find another celeb to kick Bieber's ass in an episode of Celebrity MMA.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.09.2016 | 10:28 AM ET

Are they listing Nate as 20-10 cause of his TUF wins?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

03.09.2016 | 10:38 AM ET

He would be 22-10 if TUF fights counted

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout