Topic: Art of War 16

Art of War 16 Event Video

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

01.16.2016 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 680 Points   |   1st Place

Art of War's return streamed live early this morning and a full event replay is available here.

Some of the finishes
Lianjie Liu
http://gfycat.com/DeficientGrizzledGalapagoshawk

Tsuyoshi Yama****a
http://gfycat.com/AchingEvilHarrier

Handong Kong (soccer kicks)
http://gfycat.com/LightInformalCornsnake

Rijirigala Amu
http://gfycat.com/ImpishRaggedEyra

Ole Laursen
http://gfycat.com/FortunatePointlessAmericanredsquirrel

It was a really entertaining event, great return for Art of War.

Some miscellaneous info
Sayat 萨亚特 ‏@sayatmma  Jan 14

All Chinese fighters are signed on exclusive terms with Art of War, a lot of shows coming up this year

Sayat 萨亚特 ‏@sayatmma  Jan 15

Art of War fighters will be randomly drug tested, all the results will be send to the Chinese sport ministry.

Sayat 萨亚特 ‏@sayatmma  Jan 15

Failing the drug test will affect fighters getting Chinese visa in the future, fighters on PED won't be allowed to compete in China

Sayat 萨亚特 ‏@sayatmma  7h7 hours ago

Ole Laursen won 50000RMB for submission of the night #ArtOfWar #AoW16

T. Yama****a won 50000RMB for KO of the night #ArtOfWar #AoW16

Amu won Yuan Ye via guillotine, both got the 50000RMB bonus for fight of the night #ArtOfWar #AoW16

I believe they also use full PRIDE rules except I think I saw some elbows. They definitely allow soccer kicks, use a ring, and have the 10 minute opening round.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Art of War 16
  • Saturday 01.16.2016 at 12:00 AM ET
  • Name: Art of War 16: Return of the King
  • Also Known As: 英雄榜16-王者归来
  • Promotion: Art of War Fighting Championship
  • Tapology Accounts: ArtOfWarFC
  • Venue: Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • MMA Bouts: 9
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ole Laursen   defeats   Ansagan Kusainov   via Submission, Kimura   1:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Amurijirigala   defeats   Ye Yuan   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   3:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Handong Kong   defeats   Sandeep Kumar Dahiya   via KO/TKO, Soccer Kick   1:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Junpeng Xie   vs.   Jaroslav Jartim   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Muha Li   defeats   Haoyang He   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Takashi Yamashita   defeats   Rong Fan   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lianjie Liu   defeats   Martin Gil   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Oleg Olenichev   via KO/TKO, Retirement   10:00 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Kyu Sung Kim   defeats   Hurige   via KO/TKO, Knees and Punches   6:59 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page

Responses

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

01.16.2016 | 6:03 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 38th with 3 others

Good to see Art of War return.  They were a solid promotion before their hiatus, and it is good to see them pick up where they left off.  Hopefully they can produce some solid Chinese fighters.

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title