Tapology Forums

Schaub Will BE GOAT by September

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

outlawmusic
outlawmusic
  • Predictions:  2,101  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  269
  • Post Score: 88

08.18.2011 | 1:21 AM ET

So since Fedor's GOATness is based on taking a decision over Crocop and Big Nog and Schaub has KO'd Mirko and is fighting Nog in 10 days he will be the undisputed goat if he finishes Nog. Plus he's already beaten Gonzaga.

"I don't go running, I train to fight not to run" - Don ******* Frye

Responses Page 3

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.18.2011 | 2:44 PM ET

I guess I'm just naive and don't see how he is a horrible prospect...he's looked damn good to me in the cage

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.18.2011 | 2:48 PM ET

i know why you like him. born in aurora colorado. how old is chase gormley? i'm asking b/c he would be the only possible fighter schaub has  beaten in his twenties(in the ufc) b/c the other guys were in there thirties. 

* Edited at 08.18.2011, 2:50 PM ET *

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

08.18.2011 | 2:53 PM ET

I haven't been impressed at all. The KO seems to make people forget  that Ancient Cro Cop was starting to pick him apart in that fight. Only fighter not to finish Gonzaga, even Werdum KO'd Gonzaga...TWICE

I'm just waiting for the UFC and SF HW divisions to merge, cause I think he'd struggle to stay top 20.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,526  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,804
  • Post Score: 180

08.18.2011 | 3:02 PM ET

I agree that Schaub is at least a little overrated right now but I know I'm also biased because I dislike Rashad so I've always thought Schaub comes across as very arrogant. I do think people are writing Nog off too much. Don't know if I'll pick him but he'd be a good value bet.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

08.18.2011 | 3:05 PM ET

Brendan Schaub is 4-1 as a prospect in the UFC HW division...So a guy known for his striking was getting the better of a MMA prospect on the feet and the MMA prospect still won the fight on the feet? He didn't finish Gonzaga what a horrible win that is on a prospects record...JDS didn't finish Roy Nelson who Andrei Arlovski KTFO...Guess he's garbage too

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,526  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,804
  • Post Score: 180

08.18.2011 | 3:20 PM ET

Oh Soccer, now you're starting to lose sight of the facts. Everyone watching that fight knows the ref stood them up while Roy was in side control. Think maybe it had to do with the fact Arlovski was the better known and higher paid favorite?

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

08.18.2011 | 3:22 PM ET

Its like a bad call if football...if the ref makes the call it still stands....move on and quit *****ing about it and keep fighting

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800

08.18.2011 | 3:24 PM ET

Can the corner challenge the stand up with a red flag?!  J/k. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

08.18.2011 | 4:00 PM ET

Schaub is still building his resume and career.  No reason to take a leap for a title shot when he doesn't deserve it quite yet.  I don't think that Schaub deserves to be under-estimated, but he also doesn't deserve a severe over-estimation by being considered one of the top ten heavyweights until he does beat a relevant competitor.  There is no way that Schaub is ready for the likes of Velasquez, Dos Santos, Carwin, Lesnar, etc. The highest he'll be ranked if he defeats Nog is 5th or 6th, and that's still being generous.  However, he is off to an impressive start, and I'll agree that he is a serious prospect at the moment.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

08.18.2011 | 4:03 PM ET

I have Schaub ranked #9 right now and I think it's a little high, but with a win over Nog he'll be right in that 8-10 range for sure

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

08.18.2011 | 5:39 PM ET

thats too funny, Shaub will never be the GOAT, but I do see him doing pretty well in the UFC, I really dont think he will be able to beat any of the top guys tho like Cain, JDS, Carwin, Mir and Lesnar

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800

08.18.2011 | 7:18 PM ET

I agree with you @Skeet.  I think he'll be top10 for a long time, IF he gets by Big Nog.  He is a legit prospect though.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Gabi Garcia MMA Comeback Cancelled Due To Floods In Brazil
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Watch Tyson Fury Become A Pinball
  • Bad Left Hook : UPSETS! Berinchyk beats Navarrete by split decision, Norman stops Santillan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 92 post-fight show: Reaction to Lerone Murphy’s dominant win over Edson Barboza
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Results & Scorecards | Season 3: Episodes 3 & 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Navarrete vs Berinchyk: Live updates and results
  • Bad Left Hook : Navarrete vs Berinchyk: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. out of Jamahal Hill fight at UFC 303 due to doping violation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 92 bonuses: Angela Hill cashes extra $50K for first career submission
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Hill Banks $50K For First-Career Submission
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 bonuses: Finally, an extra $50,000 for Angela Hill to truly celebrate
  • MMAFighting.com : Lerone Murphy punishes Edson Barboza to win lopsided decision in UFC Vegas 92 main event 
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 results: Lerone Murphy overwhelms Edson Barboza, calls for anyone in top 10
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘The young eats the old’: Pros react to Lerone Murphy’s lopsided win over Edson Barboza at UFC Vegas 92
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Results, Video Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Lerone Murphy's victory over Edson Barboza at UFC Fight Night 241
  • Middle Easy : Lerone Murphy Dominates Edson Barboza, Keeps Unfeated Record Intact – UFC Vegas 92 Results (Highlights)