Topic: Rousey vs. Holm

Rousey vs. Holm

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,621  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

08.28.2015 | 11:37 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Rousey vs. Holm. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 8

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.16.2016 | 5:09 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Tired of her.  It is all about her. This is like she is looking for more attention.  This definitely did not do her any good with those who loved it when she got KTFO.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.16.2016 | 5:19 PM ET

I used to be impressed by how tough and how talented she is, but compare this with someone like GSP or Anderson Silva and their attitude about being beaten. She should be chomping at the bit for a rematch. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.16.2016 | 5:19 PM ET

Awwww did little Ronda get sad after she didn't get her way? Ohh and you're thirsty? You look so thirsty for attention.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.16.2016 | 5:58 PM ET

I normally would not be like this about someone who says she was thinking of suicide but I feel this is for attention.  Her on the cover and in SI at all is sickening.

twspencer91
twspencer91
  • Predictions:  21,876  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  822
  • Post Score: 246

02.16.2016 | 6:07 PM ET

Ronda is so full of ****. You'd think that someone who lost a parent to suicide would realize what a stupid and trite action that is to take, let alone mention just because you ******* lost your first fight. I know petulant five year old's that handle losing better than that.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python, and the mind of a ******* scientist."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.16.2016 | 6:17 PM ET

maybe suicidal inclinations are genetic

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.16.2016 | 7:10 PM ET

suicide tendencies can be hereditary, but I´m not saying in her case they are ( or aren´t) to me is just more drama, trying to victimize herself so people like her again.

she is becoming very anoying to me. all I hear is whining, I haven´t heard her aknowledge Holm´s performance, except for the 2 seconds in SNL, she only tries to find different excuses for her loss.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.16.2016 | 7:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Holm   wrong Decision  

The only thing hereditary about suicidal tendencies would be the personality traits inherited from people in her immediate environment while growing up.

With all due respect to the people posting, while I do dislike that smug ***** Ronda Rousey I don't think calling her an attention ***** for talking about her suicidal thoughts is the most objective way of looking at things.

Is she an attention *****? Yes, she has proven to be so in the past. Has she proven to be full of excuses? Definitely, though at the end of the day there is no excuse for getting utterly schooled the way she did.

But she's also human, and being undefeated was a huge part of her identity. I was actually sure that she probably contemplated suicide, like many fighters after major losses. Give a **** if you want, don't give a **** if you don't care, but don't be a hateful person by dismissing what she said about her emotional state.

At the end of the day, she's the only one who knows the truth. We shouldn't put ourselves on some ******* pedestal when assessing her, because then we become the very thing we hate in the first place. Don't be a Ronda Rousey.

"الله أكبرl"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.16.2016 | 10:24 PM ET

environment affects our personality and she would have also some of the personality traits of her parents, but there are also genetic components that if present can make a person prone to suicidal attempts or to commit suicide.

as Anik say we have no way of knowing what she really thought in there alone. I don't question whether she thought of suicide or not. but I do wonder about her intentions as to why make it public on national tv. whatever are her reasons I still don't like her

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.16.2016 | 10:44 PM ET

She was only undefeated in MMA. It's not like she had never lost in Judo either.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.16.2016 | 10:54 PM ET

She looks thick as usual. Her head looks tiny compared to the rest of her body.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.17.2016 | 2:21 AM ET

Prediction: correct Holm   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Ronda truly is the ultimate role model. 

What better than someone who has won in athletics for nearly her entire life, a mega-star, a magazine and video game cover-athlete.. who then suffers one loss and publicly talks about wanting to kill herself. That's a good message for the kids.

Kids, when you fail the first time, play the victim and talk about wanting to die.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.17.2016 | 2:43 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I don't think suicide is something that should be made a joke of or something that should be played off as an attention grab, some do that, but I'd say the vast majority do not. It's a brave thing to do to admit you are suicidal or had thoughts of it as it is still stigmatized along with things like depression and mental illness in general. 

Whether you hate Ronda or not, it's not cool to make hay out of someone's struggle imo. She was on top of the world and fell off rather hard and ate a lot of humble pie, suicidal thoughts can definitely crop up from that kind of situation. I'd say let's get off this whole topic before it turns into a flame war on this thread.

* Edited at 02.17.2016, 2:50 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.17.2016 | 4:15 AM ET

rondas wiping tears from her well fed cheeks with 10 000$ bills, brave ↓

* Edited at 02.17.2016, 4:18 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.17.2016 | 7:47 AM ET

If Holm beats Tate, I think that we may never see the rematch.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.17.2016 | 9:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Holm   wrong Decision  

I don't think Ronda was really contemplating suicide in a literal way nor talking about it for attention. But I don't find it surprising that a girl with a psychotic and super intense mom who's been pushing her to the extreme her whole life, who watched the calming pillar of her early life slowly waste away, then kill himself has a fragile personality.

I can see how someone as obsessed as her, who's basically built this indestructible persona and smeared it literally everywhere on the planet would have these thoughts shortly after the proverbial rug is brutally snatched from underneath her, since she felt there's no where to hide from her failure and most likely felt that all the bandwagoners had suddenly deserted her. Suddenly she was reading everywhere about what a crap fighter she is (which is complete nonsense, but was popping up all over the internet), she most likely couldn't turn on a TV or get online without finding her kicked in face plastered all over the place. You don't need to be Sigmund Freud to get how that kind of claustrophobic feeling (with the whole world being the "room caving in" on you) would lead to momentary thoughts of escaping the only way you can from the whole ******* world.

Don't think she's the type to ever actually do the deed (at least I hope she isn't), I just think it was a bipolar moment where the low was so reality-shattering that her mechanism for dealing with the initial shock was to contamplate a way out.

One thing I find disturbing about the whole thing is that she's still not allowing herself to give Holly any credit for the win. Her whole mental strength is reliant on the fact that she bends reality to suit her. Notice how she's always "I cut open my whole mouth and I knocked my teeth loose" and how she hangs on her "not being there" from the first punch (which I sort of doubt after rewatching, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt of course), I may be be reading a bit too much into it (I do that sometimes), but it seems like she's mentally blocking out Holly's role in the whole thing, as if she needs that in order to keep any sort of belief in herself. It kind of shows me that she's still as fragile as ever, but without the layer of confidence that annihilating the sport's best brings with it. I don't see her going on after another loss and I don't see her confronting reality enough to be able to fix the holes. As long as she keeps blaming that one punch and not accepting Holly as a good enough fighter to dominate her without that, she's going to just try harder to do the same things against an even more confident Holly.

* Edited at 02.17.2016, 9:36 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.17.2016 | 4:15 PM ET

After her saying that I have to live "in order to have Travis's babies", that did it in more me.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

02.17.2016 | 8:26 PM ET

Ronda is doomed. She's not going to win the title back, and she probably is going to be

in 10 years.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 pre-event facts: Jose Aldo still holds records after retirement layoff
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Mania : Video: Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Junkie : Video: HyunSung Park out of UFC 302 after accident in gym leads to knee ligament rupture
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria has ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ‘highest-paid athlete in the world’ in 2025
  • MMA Mania : New Owner McGregor ‘Has A Lot Of Say’ In BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Meet BKFC’s Not-Silent Minority Owner
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Benoit Saint Denis And Marc Diakiese Headline The Grappling Main Event
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card, Rumors
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler