Tapology Forums

What do you train in?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

08.14.2011 | 12:10 PM ET

I can't remember if there was a thread made on this topic since I've been around or not.  However, I want to know what (if any) martial arts styles you guys train, or have trained, in.  Also, do you have any competitive experience?  What are your goals? 

I have been training in martial arts for about twelve years in a variety of different systems.  I have a background in aikido, arnis, wing chun, muay thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and boxing.  Currently, I train regularly in muay thai, BJJ, and arnis.  I have a brown sash in wing chun, a blue belt in BJJ.  I've competed in open martial arts tournaments, submission grappling, and amateur MMA.  I also teach defensive tactics to law enforcement in my dept. and the police academy that serves this region.  My goals are to continue to compete in MMA and submission grappling, but also branch out to kickboxing and boxing.  I also want to someday open my own studio, where I hope to teach martial arts to civilians, but also offer special instruction to military and law enforcement.

I'm interested to see what martial arts we have represented here, and also what type of competitive background you guys have.  With a web site like this, I know we've got some students of the game, because the pick percentages floating around are pretty incredible.  That shows some in depth, hands on experience with the fight game. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Responses Page 4

RWLawman
RWLawman

08.16.2011 | 9:52 PM ET

Just a test

Kibbles and bits!

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

onemanmassacre
onemanmassacre

08.17.2011 | 1:01 AM ET

I train the same thing that Steven Seagal does, being-a-fatass and professional ********ting. I'm #1 P4P.
jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.17.2011 | 1:04 AM ET

i train in the art of sports writing, and ima get my black belt!

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

ScottBJJ
ScottBJJ
  • Predictions:  580  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 52

08.22.2011 | 4:45 PM ET

it was skelliher who got me to start training with him in the TAMA system a little while during a stint of unemployment while i was wasting away. while there they briefly introduced me to submission grappling and told me if i was interested in pursuing it while i was away at college to look for a good bjj school in florida. so i took the advice and  after checking out several school i settled at www.fabionovaesbjj.com , by far the best place i have found anywhere. since i'm still in college i do a lot of going back and forth between massachusetts and florida and have tried out a lot of places. one summer in mass i trained at best way jiu jitsu in rockland ma. it was a pretty good school, i really enjoyed the judo classes they had there. this past summer after trying out a lot of places i decided i would stick with connors mma and really enjoyed the time i trained there in bjj and muay thai. whenever in florida it is always fabio novaes bjj. 

"obsessed is just another word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

RWLawman
RWLawman

08.22.2011 | 9:35 PM ET

So I just started incorporating some 10th Planet into my jits game.  Anyone have any direct training or experience in it that can throw a few pointers my way on attaining/holding rubber guard, and some twister side?

good69
good69
  • Predictions:  53  |  41.5%
  • Forum Posts:  128
  • Post Score: 53

08.23.2011 | 7:58 PM ET

i hav been a wrestler since i was 3 and am coached by the fastest white man alive CHAEL SONNEN 5x state jr kids wrestling 3x regional placer

and a black belt in shuny bee tae kwon do

* Edited at 08.23.2011, 7:59 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024