Topic: Regulation, USADA, & PEDs

USADA and IVs

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

06.26.2015 | 4:54 PM ET

So, according to multiple sources USADA is putting a policy in place that will ban fighters from hydrating with IVs after weigh ins. Thoughts? I personally like it. If you're relying that heavily on IVs to replenish your fluids you might be cutting too much weight.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, and 56 minutes from now.

Responses

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

06.26.2015 | 5:00 PM ET

I never knew they used IVs to rehydrate lol. that is crazy. im glad they banned them. I can only imagine how many needles rumble must have had stuck in him back in the rumbleweight days lol.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

06.26.2015 | 5:03 PM ET

Apparently UFC fighters are already pissed off at this decision.

Article from Bloodyelbow: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/26/8853367/ufc-usada-drug-testing-iv-bans-weight-cutting-rehydration-fighters-react-unhappy-mma-news

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

06.26.2015 | 5:14 PM ET

I don't really see to many people pissed on that article but I'm sure there will be some. I think guys shouldn't be cutting so much weight anyway so I think it could be a good thing. I mean if you got guys passing out and going to the hospital then you shouldnt be cutting that much.

* Edited at 06.26.2015, 6:03 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

06.26.2015 | 5:28 PM ET

Gleison Tibau must be really mad right now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Preview
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!