Topic: Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne

Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,636  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,566
  • Post Score: 60

05.01.2015 | 10:57 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.01.2015 | 10:57 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Joanna gonna get dat.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.01.2015 | 11:02 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Joanna by massacre. 

"..."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

05.01.2015 | 12:14 PM ET

glad to see no one has picked Penne yet, this fight should not have been made.

JJ by murder

* Edited at 05.01.2015, 12:15 PM ET *

terrencetj
terrencetj
  • Predictions:  34,101  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,646
  • Post Score: 258

05.01.2015 | 4:43 PM ET

Easy perfect pick IMO.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.02.2015 | 9:35 AM ET

Who does JJ have for competition that she has not fought yet?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.02.2015 | 11:26 AM ET

I think her only real competition is Gadelha ... they've fought, but it was close and many would argue Gadelha won the fight.

Other than her, I'm pretty sure Yumdreychick's gonna be picking off "contenders" a-la Mighty Mouse and Rousey.

I do however see a few names that given time could be awesome (Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Agnieszka Niedźwiedź, Hamderlei Silva, Justine Kish - who I feel if given the chance would've dominated TUF, maybe even Thug Rose after a few more fights under her belt).

All in all, it's a great division and even names who I don't see being any threat to the title are uber-fun to watch.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.02.2015 | 11:42 AM ET

she'll rematch gadelha for sure

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.02.2015 | 12:47 PM ET

Also, my bad, Agnieszka is a 135er, just used to naming her when I'm talking about top prospects

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

05.02.2015 | 4:08 PM ET

@yoss I don't know about that.  I'm not trying to say that Joanna isn't on another level in aspects of her game, because that was absolutely evident with the Esparza fight; in terms of her TDD, as well as her striking. The way Jedrzejcyzk fought that fight reminded me a lot of Mirko Cro Cop when he fought in Pride.

However, the Women's Strawweight division is still very young, so it's to early to say (at least from my perspective) what the future of the division will be.  And let's not forget that not all of the best female strawweights are in the UFC yet; as fighters like Jessica Aguilar, Katja Kankaanpaa (even with her loss), Alexa Grasso, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DeAnna Bennett, and Livia Souza aren't under contract with the UFC.

As of right now, I agree with you on Gadelha being the only women in the UFC's 115 that can match Joanna in a fight for the belt. However, I also think fighters like Moroz, VanZant, Torres, Hamderlei, Grasso, Souza, Albu, Calderwood (despite her loss), Kish, Daly, and even Namajunas pose significant threats for her in the future.  Jedrzejczyk is in the position to be very dominant as a champion and there is a high possibility that she will run through the division; but as of right now, I feel like the future of the division is still unclear.

I will say that you are right absolutely right on the women's 115 division.  The UFC did a great job setting up this division, and it hasn't disappointed with the fights that have been put on so far.

* Edited at 05.02.2015, 5:12 PM ET *

"..."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.02.2015 | 4:33 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

If this stays at distance Joanna should light Penne up. Penne has decent offense in her striking but her defense is absolutely horrendous. However I could see Penne jumping guard or trying to initiate takedowns off the clinch, on the ground she likely has a pretty decent advantage. Joanna has shown excellent ability in stuffing shots but has gotten stuck up against the cage in the clinch at times and I think Penne could have success with lifting Joanna and dumping her. There's also the weight cut to take into account, Joanna has looked less than great due to bad cuts before and Penne has been bulking up to fill into the division better.

Probably picking Joanna but Penne has a better shot than she's being accredited and Joanna is far from a Mighty Mouse or Rousey at this point.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

05.02.2015 | 9:09 PM ET

WOO! Joanna Champion!
dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,996  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

05.02.2015 | 9:36 PM ET

@GreenHornet I agree, but I'd also add Markos to the list. I still feel Joanna beats most of them, but anything can happen. Loving the strawweight division so far.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

05.02.2015 | 10:21 PM ET

@dtrain24  I don't disagree, as I feel that right now Joanna as a fighter has more fine tuned aspects to her game (especially with regards to striking and TDD) and will get better with other elements in her game as time goes on.  However; the one big wild card with the 115 division is that because it is so new and there is a lot of depth in the division both in the UFC and outside of it.  As a result, the UFC can bring in veteran fighters that are outside the UFC like Kankaanpa and Aguilar alongside Esparza and Gadelha to have fights right away with Jedrzejczyk. As that happens, this still gives enough time for fighters like VanZant, Moroz, Calderwood, Kish, Daly, Torres, and etc. to get fights in, build up their resumes, sharpen their skills, and evolve as fighters before they get the big title fight.

I think that's what makes this division better set up (in my opinion) than the flyweight division, as I feel like everyone at 115 is closer in skill to one another.  Whereas when the men's 125 division was started, it felt like Mighty Mouse was leagues ahead already because of how he was able to make an easy transition to Flyweight from Bantamweight, and that there wasn't many big established names at 125 for the UFC to sign right away at the time.

* Edited at 05.02.2015, 10:30 PM ET *

"..."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,996  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

05.02.2015 | 10:51 PM ET

@GreenHornet Just imagine Joanna's game if she also had a solid ground game as a backup plan? She might for all I know, I haven't seen many of her fights and it's not something she'd had to resort to. But imagine if she polished her ground game similar to what Rousey did with her striking? Look out. 

Flyweight may be more competitive in the future at least with guys like Kyoji and Cejudo, but I agree with what you said there.

Something I think most can agree on is that SW is better set up and way more competitive than WBW. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

05.02.2015 | 11:39 PM ET

@dtrain24  Eh, I agree and disagree about Women's Bantamweight.  I think Women's Strawweight will be a more competitive division that Women's Bantamweight, and it was better set up.  However, the detail that needs to be taken into account is that the Women's Bantamweight division was imported from Strikeforce. 

Nothing against Strikeforce, but when the Women's 135 division was formed prior to Rousey signing with Strikeforce, it was somewhat weak  to begin with as Women's MMA was still kind of a fringe thing.  Outside of Coenen, Kaufman, Carmouche, and Tate there was no one really notable in the division.  Now, along comes Ronda Rousey and she goes through the division like how Mike Tyson went through Heavyweight Boxers in the 1980's; and add on the fact she has constantly evolved by adding/improving elements to her game and coupling that with her already world class Judo base (which is similar with how Jon Jones developed as a fighter, where he had his great wrestling base, while also improving upon his unorthodox striking skills), she is now progressed to where she is leagues ahead of the competition. 

"..."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267

05.03.2015 | 10:33 AM ET

Joanna hits harder than a lot of the bantamweights.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

05.03.2015 | 5:22 PM ET

Boredoms would know, from all the pegging :P
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 day, 18 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms

05.03.2015 | 9:46 PM ET

Its good to know that one of us has been touched by a woman at some point.

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

05.04.2015 | 12:01 AM ET

It's okay buddy, I won't judge you..

* Edited at 05.04.2015, 12:05 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 day, 18 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms

05.04.2015 | 12:23 AM ET

I'm not your buddy nor would I ever care about your judgement.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition