Topic: Doug Sparks

TUF GOAT behind bars

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.07.2015 | 11:33 PM ET

He may of had a short time on TUF, but he was remember fondly - Doug the ******* Polar Bear Sparks has been arrested in Bloomington, Indiana for charges of ****, confinement and assault. The police are reporting that he held a woman captive for several days.

He was arrested on 26 December, 2014 - the trial is still ongoing. Article

Looks like he is joining a long line of ****** up fighters getting arrested for serious charges.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Doug "Ants in the Pants" Sparks

Fighter Details

• Name: Doug Sparks
  • Pro MMA Record: 7-2-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Ants in the Pants
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 16, 2013 in TUF
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 205.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Team Hoedown
  • Height: 5'10" (178cm) | Reach: N/A
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Richmond, Indiana
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

02.08.2015 | 12:01 AM ET

I so wanted that guy to get in the house because I loved those polar bear ears.

Very disappointing if that **** stuff is true.  Wasn't he supposed to be a genius or something?  Comitting **** is stupid.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Griffy
Griffy

02.08.2015 | 12:34 AM ET

Ya I was disappointed too with him not getting into the house. He would have been great to watch in the house. He struck me as a very confused person who needed counseling; he said he had a degree in sociology I believe, but who knows how "real" that degree was.

It is unfortunate if it turns out the crimes were true; I hope he gets some sort of mental help soon either way.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.08.2015 | 3:20 AM ET

If he did it I hope he gets those polar bear ears shoved up his rear end on a daily basis ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,800  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

02.08.2015 | 3:25 AM ET

From the very short time he was showed before he fought and lost and Dana said "and as for you, 'genius', time to go back to your lab" or something, he looked both kind of confused and confusing. That said, I'm quite happy with the picture I put here for him.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,063  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

02.08.2015 | 4:24 AM ET

"Looks like he is joining a long line of ****** up fighters getting arrested for serious charges"

Statistically there's a large percentage of American males in his age group to get charged with serious offenses,you add in notoriety and the fighter moniker,not to mention social media and then it seems like some sort of epidemic when it's really just normal figures.I could tell it wasn't just an act on TUF that he was off the wall bonkers,some people are crazy,that has very little to do with him being a fighter and I don't see sex offender's,wife beaters or murderer's as ****** fighters,wife beating fighters or crazed mma murderer's I see them as ******s,abusers and/or murderer's.I don't think it's fair to link them together just because they are more publicized.There is a long line,but that line consists of people from all walks of life and if anything martial arts gives people discipline,dedication and a drive to be better in general.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2015 | 4:39 AM ET

@Yoss, Brown bear ears*

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Griffy
Griffy

02.08.2015 | 8:38 AM ET

Hey Kuma, thanks for the well worded reply, but I believe you misinterpreted my sentence that you quoted, into thinking there was more to it. When I said, "Looks like he is joining a long line of ****** up fighters getting arrested for serious charges” - there wasn’t any agenda I was pushing there or ignorance. When you read it don’t imagine it is coming from an over-amped parent at a PTA meeting, but rather Bill Burr.

I was just saying he is the most recent person, that is (or was, he has been on a hiatus) involved with MMA, to be arrest. I’m not insinuating that there is a correlation between the two.

“I don't see sex offender's,wife beaters or murderer's as ****** fighters,wife beating fighters or crazed mma murderer's I see them as ******s,abusers and/or murderer's"

Once again, I wasn’t saying because he is a fighter this isn’t shocking (I was shocked when I read it and checked multiple sources), but this is an MMA site, this story is news about an MMA fighter. I wouldn’t go onto a forum about kayaking and post this story, for the same reason I wouldn’t post a story of a kayaker raping someone on Tap - it would be irrelevant. This is a guy who most of us watched on TV competing in a sport we all enjoy - think of this as a ‘Where are they now?’ special.

For me it kind of was a Biography Channel special. I found out about this in the following manner; Checking out Titan FC 33 card > See Colton Smith > Think ‘man what an ******* that guy was’ glad to see he is only on Titan FC > Then I remember that random TUF guy with the polar bear ears and wonder what he is up to > literally google “The Ultimate Fighter Polar Bear Ears” > see that he got charged > post it on Tap > ??? > Profit.

My second post I thought shows that I was more focusing on his mental health if anything, “He struck me as a very confused person who needed counselling… I hope he gets some sort of mental help soon either way”. Mental health is the biggest factor that I can see from the previous situation where MMA athletes commited crimes, not that fact that they are fighters. I am fan of MMA - I’m in that demographic who realizes fighters aren’t wife beating, idiotic, alpha-male, bros; that unfortunately a notable portion of the population believes. And if I were one of those people, I would question why I am on this site.

Your last two sentences when you said, “I don't think it's fair to link them together just because they are more publicized…if anything martial arts gives people discipline,dedication and a drive to be better in general”  I believe you hit a major issue that gets effected by stories like this - the public opinion. Stories like this do get publicized, people who are against the sport see it and use it as cannon fodder. It is up to promotions, athletes and even fans to educate. Martial Arts is overwhelmingly positive for people; competing or not, and what you brought up, it doesn’t make you anymore likely to commit crimes.

Sorry for the long comment, but I’m in the mid-term zone right now - once I get typing I can’t stop. If I could change the letter spacing and the margins I would have.

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2015 | 11:18 AM ET

Griffy is Bill Burr? No, no, no. Griffy is too athletic and explosive, Griffy is actually.....

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier adds short-notice debutant Mitch Raposo
  • MMA Mania : Mouthy Mac Warned To ‘Be Careful’ With Khabib Critique
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier stars in new Bud Light commercial ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor adopts 'cold in the soul' approach, won't fight with animosity in UFC return
  • MMAFighting.com : Husband and coach of UFC fighter arrested for alleged sexual abuse of child
  • MMA Mania : Finalized! UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Mitch Raposo steps into UFC 302 for debut vs. Andre Lima
  • MMA Junkie : Stamp Fairtex out of ONE 167 due to injury, scheduled ONE 168 champ vs. champ bout in question
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev’s Career Highlights | Title Wins To Best Finishes