Tapology Forums

The UFC Hall of Fame and it's to be candidates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.30.2014 | 3:13 AM ET

Who do you think will make it into the UFCs hall of fame, who do you hope to see and hope not to see?

For me, Aldo and Jones are almost givens at this point. Faber and Edgar have already earned it, no questions.asked. GSP, of course of course and Anderson if he hasn't already. I think Junior Dos Santos.most likely carves a place out for himself too, Machida possibly too.

I sincerely hope guys like Shogun and Vitor do not make it. Anyone who's failed a drug test shouldn't be allowed and Shoguns MMA accomplishments and UFC accomplishments are.not the same and, no winning a title doesn't make you automatically included. 

Who am I forgetting and who do you think?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Responses Page 3

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

11.30.2014 | 5:34 PM ET

I don't know about MMA HoF, but I think Brock Lesnar's impact for the UFC has warranted a place for him in the UFC HoF despite a short career.
Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

11.30.2014 | 9:31 PM ET

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

11.30.2014 | 10:31 PM ET

Wouldn't matter. He's in. 

It's a combination of him being the biggest draw the UFC has ever had and being champion and defended it twice. Yes, his career was short-lived, division was weak, got an undeserved title shot because of his fame, overrated by casual fans, etc. But Lesnar was a crucial part of UFC history. You can make an argument that Brock Lesnar was the UFC's most important fighter for its surged in popularity. This isn't Kimbo Slice. This is someone who defeated some of the best heavyweights at the time. 

It's also the UFC Hall of Fame...not a HoF among other HoFs to be taken the most seriously. If Charles Lewis and Stephan Bonnar are Hall of Famers, so is Lesnar.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.01.2014 | 2:40 AM ET

Since the UFC owns the rights to it, I wouldn't mind seeing a PRIDE Hall of Fame, or like Boredoms mentioned just an MMA in general HOF. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 1 hour, and 40 minutes from now.
FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

12.01.2014 | 6:55 AM ET

"If Charles Lewis and Stephan Bonnar are Hall of Famers, so is Lesnar."

100% agree. This is why any HOF needs to be careful in the early stages because they set the tone for future inductions. For instance if Mask is in then how about Matt Serra? As a fighter/coach he deserves it more than Mask.

Anyway I agree with the MMA HOF but in order for that to happen you would need the UFC to sign off on it right off the bat and I am not sure if that would happen. They really hate admitting that other orgs have good fighters. They still try to deny the greatness that is Fedor.
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.01.2014 | 11:24 AM ET

Depends on how the UFC does this hall of fame thing. Like baseball where almost no one gets in, or like basketball/american football where anyone who's done anything remotely great gets in. Seems like the UFC is headed towards the latter (which I don't mind). Then guys like Shogun would get in, along with Lesnar. I think if you've won a title, you should be at least considered for the HOF.

And is Stephan Bonnar technically a HOFer? The UFC said they put the fight with Forrest Griffin in the UFC HOF, not the fighters. Cuz Griffin deserves it, Bonnar not so much, even using really lax standards.

You look on the Hall of Fame page, neither Griffin nor Bonnar is on there. Then again, that page also has the wrong fight as the 'last fight' for both Randy and Matt Hughes.

* Edited at 12.01.2014, 11:25 AM ET *

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

12.06.2014 | 10:38 PM ET

CM Punk

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Dana White Set To Roast Tom Brady On Netflix
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET