Topic: UFC Discussion

UFC ruining the sport

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ElementKnows
ElementKnows
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -1183

10.12.2014 | 4:59 PM ET

The sad fact is The UFC has become a joke pushing fighters like conor mcgregor just for him being irish and fighting a weightclass below guys his own size
i loved UFC back in the old days of chuck liddel when guys showed up to fight and did not take year layoff after they won the title .
UFC cant put a good fight on and when they get lucky and get one they must rematch it way too soon !!
dana is a cash cow and since 90% of mma fans are noob kids they dont know what road UFC is taking mma down!!
boxing fans have seen this before and boxing is still recovering from it older fans see this kid fans doo not even the crowds are not going nuts anymore
UFC noobs listen too dana white while MMA fans watch there sport die
This user is suspended from posting until 5 months, 2 days, 15 hours, and 33 minutes from now.

Responses Page 3

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.14.2014 | 4:06 AM ET

The NFL is ruining American football!!! They want to make money!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

10.14.2014 | 12:13 PM ET

I heard on the joerogan podcast that the drug testing the UFC does costs 45k for each fighter. Now idk if that's true, but if it is, it kind of excuses them paying there starting fighters so ******. I mean, you sign this kid, you do t knowhowfar hes gunna go, and you have to dish out 45k win or lose for him, plus his fight money. I also heard that gsp was getting paid 5 million a fight near the end of his career when he added sponsors and his % of ppv buys. Again idk if that is true this is all just speculation.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Frank Monsalve
Frank Monsalve
  • Predictions:  10  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 700

10.15.2014 | 9:07 AM ET

Actually it's more like 45K per fight.

I worked for a company that required and had everyone run many different forms of drug testing, from illegal street drugs to PED's, off site comprehensive & on site urine tests, we covered them all. The most expensive tests were for the PED's on the ban list at that time, something around $20,000 locally NSAC/WADA, and then there's Canada's VADA who quotes $16,000 to $20,000 for a four month screen, which is used by GSP. The UFC has many times covered the cost when their fighters are tested, especially when it comes to their top tier fights. Lorenzo Fertitta's been working towards underwriting the costs and is working towards lowering them to a more reasonable cost.

"Train hard!"

Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

10.16.2014 | 9:22 PM ET

yossgold: "The NFL is ruining American football!!! They want to make money!"

Actually, the NFL is registered as a non-profit organization.

The NFL teams on the other hand.........

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60