Topic: UFC Discussion

UFC ruining the sport

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ElementKnows
ElementKnows
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -1183

10.12.2014 | 4:59 PM ET

The sad fact is The UFC has become a joke pushing fighters like conor mcgregor just for him being irish and fighting a weightclass below guys his own size
i loved UFC back in the old days of chuck liddel when guys showed up to fight and did not take year layoff after they won the title .
UFC cant put a good fight on and when they get lucky and get one they must rematch it way too soon !!
dana is a cash cow and since 90% of mma fans are noob kids they dont know what road UFC is taking mma down!!
boxing fans have seen this before and boxing is still recovering from it older fans see this kid fans doo not even the crowds are not going nuts anymore
UFC noobs listen too dana white while MMA fans watch there sport die
This user is suspended from posting until 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 11 hours, and 44 minutes from now.

Responses

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

10.12.2014 | 5:38 PM ET

Just... Just leave.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

hamdermjay
hamdermjay
  • Predictions:  1,321  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  512
  • Post Score: 215

10.12.2014 | 6:02 PM ET

Dana said in a interview that he doesn't have anything left on his "to buy" list. In his own words he have everything, and still I don't get why they are such cash druggies. 

The sport is only going one way. DOWN! The sport is getting ruined by all the money talk. The fighters don't get the same respect anymore, and  the UFC is just selfish.

Such a joke that McGregor is coming in making so much every fight now. I mean last card he made more money on his forth fight than Cerrone has ever made in one fight. SUCH A JOKE! All this is only happening because the three UFC uncles is so determitted to make more and more money.
MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

10.12.2014 | 6:53 PM ET

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

10.12.2014 | 6:57 PM ET

As long as there are mma fights to watch, I'm good.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

ElementKnows
ElementKnows

10.12.2014 | 7:09 PM ET

Aldo will deal with him for me with some nasty leg kicks that will take his movement away I see it being abit like gunner nelson vs rick story but I don't think UFC will say how alike they are as fighters anymore since gunner lost and soon Connor will too .

And if Aldo don't fight him Mendes and Edger will control him on the ground
This user is suspended from posting until 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 11 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

10.12.2014 | 7:12 PM ET

Brotards like Element are ruining the sport.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

ElementKnows
ElementKnows

10.12.2014 | 7:20 PM ET

followed the sport as long as anyone here just cos I can see past the UFCS bs does not make me any less of a fan :)

fans like you ruin the sport with the name calling since you cannot handle my words  I gave you facts about the UFC and said what I think will happen didn't once say Conner was **** in any shape or form I think the guy is talented but his hype is unjust

UFC is ruining the sport they buy out every org and the talent cannot grow meanwhile in the ufc the same fighters rematch over and over again what are they going to doo when JDS has too fight CV for a forth time
I think McGregor shows how much the UFC will value a irish fighter over and british born fighter

I doo not hate MMA OR UFC but these feel like dark days in the UFC I miss the days off ufc 50 where fighters came too fight and let there fights speak for themselves

jon jones wont fight anyone atm dc rumble and GUS give him nightmares and UFC keep him safe
UFC didn't fine jones and DC so the committee did its not a lil sport anymore and UFC will never get into new York while people like Dana White Run the show
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,959  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

10.12.2014 | 7:26 PM ET

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.12.2014 | 7:47 PM ET

please!!!!

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

10.12.2014 | 7:51 PM ET

Wow. First post and already hated all around Tapology

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,296  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

10.12.2014 | 7:59 PM ET

I always love it when someone spouts a bunch of opinions and calls them facts.  It lets me know immediately that they are a person of no consequence.  The poor spelling, worse grammar and use of phrases like "cash cow" in a manner that makes it clear they do not understand the meaning of the term is just icing on the cake.

* Edited at 10.12.2014, 8:01 PM ET *

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

10.12.2014 | 9:04 PM ET

Psychicdeath via Spinning **** KO

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,279  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

10.13.2014 | 12:06 AM ET

Yea, UFC Bad. In other news, I've gotten my Spider Belt.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.13.2014 | 1:22 AM ET

I agree. UFC bad.

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.13.2014 | 1:31 AM ET

I'm amazed that people who have a way to make a lot of money are continuing to do so. How selfish of them. 

Dana is a cash cow? **** you are stupid. 

* Edited at 10.13.2014, 1:34 AM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

10.13.2014 | 1:32 AM ET

The UFC shouldn't be trying to make money. They should be putting on fights for free.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

10.13.2014 | 3:17 AM ET

All the UFC fighters should be listed as "Fighting out of a cardboard box in a Las Vegas alleyway".

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.13.2014 | 6:56 AM ET

I have some problems with how the UFC has driven the sport. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of props too but what's wrong with opinions and criticism? I know the OPs post was kind of stupid but I'll add my 2cents.

I wish 1. The UFC would of focused more the ART of it all 2. Much more focus on the Martial Arts rather than pushing it as an NFL kind of sport in structure. 

I wish the presentation was more like boxing, in terms of being classy rather than reminiscent of the WWE, but honestly I'd wish they'd emulate neither because MMA has it's own cards to play, like the Martial arts, history and culture behind it which is much older than the Country of Brazil...ffs.

I wish the UFC wasn't such a monopoly in choosing your walkout songs, your wardrobe, what talk shows you can and cannot go onto. The complete raping of freedom of speech. Not allowing fighters who already paid their debt to society to fight, forcing their baggage to be carried with them forever. Scripting countdowns and trailers and when fighters don't comply they just chop what you say to benefit them, they own your ass.

I am rather disgusted with the bias against grappling, every wrestler now thinks as Danny Castillo does "how could I lose if I was on top?" When Hendricks beats Condit, or Mighty Mouse beats Torres because people don't know what they are watching and those who do can accept it...despite it morphing the sport in a hideous way..it takes a serious **** in my cereal.

I think the UFC makes poor choices in what countries they go to, rather than worrying about the sport and talent, they want to go where they can best air TUF and have PPV buys. I mean Mexico? China? Fine, despite having almost NO TALENT but why not first go to Korea, Poland and Russia countries riddled with great fighters and prospects alike? Why Germany, simply because it's a wealthy country...Adding a 115lb womens division when every card is so diluted carrying interest from one card to another is a rare feat, I mean...What the hell?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

10.13.2014 | 7:06 AM ET

the presentation was more like boxing. ^^^^^ GTFOOH.  Get rid of the crappy male fighters like Nijem and Brennaman and add more woman weight classes. Plus Make" Yo"  Romero vs Weidman after Weidman beats non TRT Belfort.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 4 days, 19 hours, and 17 seconds from now.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

10.13.2014 | 9:37 AM ET

The sport wouldn't be close to where it is today in terms of popularity without UFC, that's just a fact.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings