Tapology Forums

Still NO RESPECT!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

pairofsixteenz
pairofsixteenz
  • Predictions:  1,123  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 100

08.01.2011 | 1:43 PM ET

I just saw the ESPN First Take show and I was surprised that ESPN was giving the sport coverage.  Skip and the other host with the exception of Coach actually rated the fight bad.  I know Dana White likes to monitor press for the sport but to me this proves what I been saying all long. UFC needs to open the flood gates.  Blogs, websites, and FANS are whats keeping the sport alive, not the Sportscenter, ESPN, and other news outlets.  Allow all media access to fighters and don't deny these big media people media passes because after watching that, no wonder the sport continues to struggle............www.PAIROFSIXTEENZ.net

"LIKE US on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pair-Of-Sixteenz/233492496679986"

Responses

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

08.01.2011 | 4:35 PM ET

MMA has made huge steps toward becoming widely accepted as a legitimate sport.  I don't think anything is going to help the process along more than time and exposure.  MTV2 has the rights to Bellator, which is bringing mixed martial arts to public television across the country.  That helps a lot, and so does Spike TV and their replaying of UFC fights.  I think if New York State would legalize MMA, it would provide a significant boost as well.  Otherwise, it's just a matter of waiting it out.  A few years ago, ESPN would've never even acknowledged the existence of MMA as anything more than a human ****fight.

What I want to know is -- how long before Brazilian jiu-jitsu becomes accepted as an Olympic sport?  I'd love to see that.  We already have Judo, Tae Kwon Do, wrestling, and boxing.  So why not a conglomeration of all the above?

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.01.2011 | 4:43 PM ET

actually mtv 2 is the channel you want. i believe 13 -24 year olds watch that channel. future event attendees.  skip bayless knows jack zhit. he is old school and nobody listens to the loudmouth. he usually ends up talking about his over-rated oklahoma sooners. at least espn has mma live but it would be nice if they showed it earlier in the day.
t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

08.01.2011 | 7:20 PM ET

Why does it have to be Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Why not just Jiu-Jitsu?

@wolfman, I can't stand Skip Bayless or Colin Cowherd.

* Edited at 08.01.2011, 7:22 PM ET *

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.01.2011 | 8:42 PM ET

michelle beadle knows more about sports then those too and she is alot better to look at too! @torch colin cowherd is another loudmouth who knows very little about sports and brings up his crappy usc stuff.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.01.2011 | 9:09 PM ET

Colin isn't that bad, but you're right... Michelle def knows more about sports in general for sure.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

RWLawman
RWLawman

08.01.2011 | 9:45 PM ET

Japanese Jiu-Jitsu in the Olympics?  That would be like having Aikdio in the Olympics.  It's a traditional system, with small joint manipulation and strikes.  Sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu already has a set standard of rules in competition, and suits the Olympics much better.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

08.01.2011 | 10:07 PM ET

Let me guess which country would sweep BRAZILIAN Jiu-Jitsu in the Olympics...Hmm...

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

RWLawman
RWLawman

08.05.2011 | 11:53 AM ET

Danno, that's not necessarily the case.  BJJ has evolved so much throughout the years, I bet there are plenty of incredibly talented Jits players out there from a variety of nations.  Look at some of the results from international tournaments such as ADCC -- it's not always Brazilians winning. 

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.05.2011 | 12:11 PM ET

i would love a submission olympics....no guideline of bjj, sambo, catch wrestling....rules would be:

1. no strikes
2. someone must tap or go to sleep
3. no time limit

why is this not done???

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Eddie Hearn criticizes Ryan Garcia for ‘most stupid, childish behavior’ since positive drug tests
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor ‘Ecstatic’ After Learning About ‘Fat Rat’ Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Alleged Tax Issues With Russian Government
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen says he's boxing Jorge Masvidal in October as result of recent beef
  • MMA Mania : The Rock Unrecognizable In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown criticizes Jake Paul ‘trying to be f*cking hard’ talking trash to Mike Tyson: ‘So cringe’
  • MMA Mania : Murphy Cracks Top 15 In Latest UFC Rankings Update
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley releases footage of armed police storming house after hoax 'swatting' call
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304: Molly McCann’s return announced for Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad 2 card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Catterall
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Josh Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Jack Catterall
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor ‘currently in negotiation stage’ with UFC on new contract, still wants 3 fights in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor takes aim at UFC's welterweight title picture: 'Leon Edwards loves a decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Neeraj Goyat vs. Whindersson Nunes announced for Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul undercard
  • MMA Mania : MVP Accepts Garry’s UFC 303 Callout
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Tyron Woodley equates final UFC fights to ‘a simulation,’ calls ‘Apex arena deal kinda whack’
  • MMA Mania : The End Of Pay-Per-View?
  • Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show