Topic: dos Santos vs. Miocic

Dos Santos vs. Miocic

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

09.17.2014 | 7:53 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Dos Santos vs. Miocic. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

09.17.2014 | 7:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct Decision  

Good fight. Rumored for FOX 13. Not sure if it'll be the main event or not.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

09.17.2014 | 9:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong Decision  

I said it before, I'll say it again.  Stipe is better everywhere and will win this fight.

"Is reality really realistic?"

DelRose
DelRose

09.17.2014 | 11:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

No he won't

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

09.18.2014 | 8:44 AM ET

Don't think anyone other than Cain can beat JDS at this point.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 20 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

09.18.2014 | 8:53 AM ET

COME ON UFC YOU PUT THIS FIGHT AND OVEREEM VS. STRUVE ON THE SAME CARD!!!! Why not just have JDS vs. Overeem fight each other, come on UFC!!!

* Edited at 09.18.2014, 8:55 AM ET *

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.18.2014 | 8:57 AM ET

Because Stipe passed through the "Roy Nelson gate of contention" pretty decisively while as Overeem is coming off an embarrassing loss. 

Pretty straight forward, no?

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

09.18.2014 | 10:02 AM ET

I agree Yoss I just want to see JDS smash Overeem for all the **** Overeem talked about him.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

09.18.2014 | 11:21 AM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Ooooh I actually like this fight quite a bit, Stipe could give him a good fight!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

09.18.2014 | 1:12 PM ET

Overeem vs JDS? At this point? Look, I hate Overeem as well (big fan of his talents, and he is the ultimate fan frustrator) but what has he done to deserve death by JDS?

* Edited at 09.18.2014, 1:14 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

09.18.2014 | 1:30 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Outside of Cain, Miocic is the only guy that has a shot at beating Dos Santos at heavyweight. Maybe Werdum as well.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Idrownfish
Idrownfish

09.18.2014 | 1:38 PM ET

Werdum wouldn't be favored, but he definitely has a shot. Hell, I wouldn't be completely surprised if he managed to get that belt from Cain...

* Edited at 09.18.2014, 1:39 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

yossgold
yossgold

09.18.2014 | 2:45 PM ET

@Mike, I think Stipe's just a step too slow for JDS. The only thing he has going for him in this fight may be wrestling, but it took a while for Cain the get that going vs. JDS so I think he might be able to stop Stipe from taking him down. If this stays standing (and I'm pretty sure it will) I'm afraid JDS has the faster hands, which is a shame since I've never really liked JDS (no idea why, he's a nice guy when he's winning and a great fighter, just rubs me the wrong way and the way he handled losin kinda gave me the feeling that the nice guy thing is partially an act) and also Stipe wod be a fresh contender for Cain because I have absolutely zero inferest in Cain/JDS IV.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Idrownfish
Idrownfish

09.18.2014 | 5:36 PM ET

@yossgold

Pretty much no one has the wrestling edge against Junior... Cain could only take him down after he was horribly tired/punch drunk and even then he kept getting up. Junior also has 57% takedown accuracy and in general, whenever he wanted a fight of his to go to the ground it went to the ground and stayed there. To me yes, Miocic has a chance, but it involves a lot of jabs and insane amounts of clinching.

...And "the way he handled losing"... I don't understand, what did he do wrong? In the second fight against Cain he said he overtrained... Which he probably did, and in the third one he said he was perfectly fine for the fight and that Cain had kicked his ass.

* Edited at 09.18.2014, 5:42 PM ET *

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.18.2014 | 9:20 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miocic   wrong Decision  

Well my hopes are slightly dwindled.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

skelliher
skelliher

09.18.2014 | 9:23 PM ET

Damn son.

yossgold
yossgold

09.19.2014 | 2:48 AM ET

@Idrownfish, I talked about the wrestling as the only thing Miocic is better at than Dos Santos, but I too wrote that I don't think it'll have an impact on the fight. If he trades jabs with JDS - speed will kill. I agree that clinching is where it's at.

As for JDS handling the loss ... I dunno, I think he lost the first fight because he spent all his energy trying to stop the TDs in the first 90 seconds and then got punched in the face very hard, not because he over-trained (the second fight that he didn't over-train for went EXACTLY the same way and chances are had he not landed on the button in the first it would be the exact same fight, so guess how Cain/JDS IV's gonna go - that's just how these two match up. If JDS lands he can KO anybody but if he doesn't, he's tough enough to get beat up by Cain for a long time - a period that'll get shorter every time they fight imo, because much of it was heart and the demoralization of being in that same spot again will take some "oomph" out of his heart). I also think the whole "I knocked him out but he couldn't finish me" line was pretty whiny, especially when he was beat so soundly (I concede that may just have been build-up for the 3rd, but still a *****y thing to say in my books). When you're totally outclassed, tell us what you're doing better, don't disrespect the dude who totally outclassed you with a nitpicky line (which is totally wrong by the way, because one punch can happen even if you're not the better fighter, but it's very hard to totally dominate a dude for 25 minutes if he's better then you - people tend to translate finishes into dominance a bit too often which isn't the case, especially with flash finishes).

But as I said, that's most likely just me being a bit off not JDS. I may either be seeing something other people don't or something that's only there in my mind. I guess the number of down votes every time you say something bad about JDS could easily be attributed to the fact that I'm wrong about him. I am wrong from time to time ;)

Idrownfish
Idrownfish

09.19.2014 | 2:24 PM ET

Well, I did get 10 thumbs up by basically saying "there is this dude called JDS, and I've heard he is pretty good"... 

yossgold
yossgold

09.19.2014 | 6:28 PM ET

lol!!! I rest my case ;)

DelRose
DelRose

09.19.2014 | 7:53 PM ET

After 2 losses to Cain, is his motivation still there? Stipe could edge him out here due to Junior's lack of spirit. But I'll stick with my pick for now.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

skelliher
skelliher

09.19.2014 | 7:53 PM ET

Confirmed!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef