Tapology Forums

Dana White On Fedor Fighting Hendo.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.29.2011 | 5:13 AM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.29.2011 | 5:19 AM ET

i saw henderson in a interview say he will be at 206 pounds exactly for the fight with fedor.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

07.29.2011 | 6:03 AM ET

Yeh he said that alright hes going to be outsized but Fedor will be outskilled leading to his inevitable death :) 

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.29.2011 | 6:20 AM ET

i saw a picture of henderson right next to fedor and he looks small to me.  i just hope henderson has those fists working big time in the fight this saturday.
Jalm
Jalm
  • Predictions:  1,064  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  203
  • Post Score: 155

07.29.2011 | 11:36 AM ET

I dont see this being a very entertaining fight at all . Just my opinion , I like both Henderson and Fedor

" I told ya so" !!

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.29.2011 | 11:50 AM ET

You see Dana already trying to make excuses when Fedor wins? He will do whatever he can to downplay Fedor's accomplishments. Hendo hasn't weighed 185 in a long, long time. Sure he cut to it for the Shields fight and it killed him. Come fight night the difference will be no more then 15 pounds. Not to mention he is the 205 lb champ...

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.29.2011 | 12:00 PM ET

hes just mad Fedor wont fight in the ufc.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

07.29.2011 | 12:01 PM ET

@Danno and Mike

Dosen't really seem to be the case

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tim_marchman/07/27/dana-white/index.html

SI.com: Fedor Emelianenko has a big fight coming up. Do you feel a bit vindicated? Because for years you were saying, "This guy's been fighting some dodgy opposition on short notice, and let's see what happens when he fights in a cage under unified rules." And we've seen what's happened.

White: No, I don't feel vindicated. Listen, I'm not out to hurt Fedor, or hurt any fighter. People ask me my opinions, I give you my opinion on what I think about a fighter. It's like the Kimbo Slice thing. You know, I said, "Kimbo Slice, this guy is always going to be the toughest guy at the barbecue, but he's never going to da-da-da-da-da." And then, Kimbo Slice, I give him the offer. "You want to come over? I don't think you can win The Ultimate Fighter, but I'll give you the opportunity if you want to try it." Bring him in, and he doesn't.

Well, I like Kimbo Slice, ends up the guy is the nicest guy in the world when I meet him, and so is his management. The guys who handled him were great people to work with and everything else. It doesn't mean that I feel vindicated and I say, "See, I told you, I told you that Kimbo Slice couldn't do this."

Listen, I'm in the fight business, and I think that I know a little bit about the fight business. I've been in it since I was 19. And I'm going to have my opinions on fighters, just like you sports reporters or the fans, you know? Sometimes I'm right, and sometimes I'm wrong. I didn't think that Kimbo Slice could win The Ultimate Fighter. I thought the Fedor hype was ridiculous. And the people who were really as great people as he thought he was weren't getting their dues, you know?

A guy like Anderson Silva, who's really fought the best competition in the world since 2006, and beat them all. Even in a fight where he was injured and was getting the s--- kicked out him, he pulls off the submission with a minute twenty left in the fight. Those are the guys that deserve to be talked about and deserve to be called the greatest, and you had these reporters who were calling Fedor the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world. Are you s------- me? You know, it's stuff like that. But I don't feel vindicated, I don't have any dislike toward Fedor. I was just trying to set the record straight and tell these people that they're out of their minds.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Dannotheman
Dannotheman

07.29.2011 | 12:21 PM ET

You don't say, "Dude your fighting a 185lber" unless you are trying to smear someone's accomplishments, especially when it's a load of crap. Hendo doesn't weigh 185...Of course he isn't going to admit it, but it's clear that's what he's doing.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.29.2011 | 12:23 PM ET

I saw a pic that I guess Hendo tweeted recently and he was on a scale weighing 203!!

* Edited at 07.29.2011, 12:25 PM ET *

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Dannotheman
Dannotheman

07.29.2011 | 12:43 PM ET

This one?

Looks like 185 eh Dana? Not to mention the difference only comes from Fedor having some extra bodyfat, not muscle...

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

07.29.2011 | 1:21 PM ET

Nah I don't think Dana hates Fedor or wants to belittle him. He's just speaking what the fight fan in him is saying.

If Fedor wins in impressive fashion I'm sure Dana will give him props. If not, he'll just shrugs and say "well there you have it".

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.29.2011 | 1:40 PM ET

@Dan - The cut killed him in the Shields fight because he didn't cut correctly, he's cut to 185 easily, plenty of times. Fedor is a HW, Hendo is a MW, you're the one making excuses.

"I Get Better."

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,156  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,412
  • Post Score: 321

07.29.2011 | 2:15 PM ET

Regardless of what happens in this fight, these are both legends and the last of the iron chins!

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

07.29.2011 | 2:54 PM ET

Dana need not worry, Hendo has this in the bag.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier adds short-notice debutant Mitch Raposo
  • MMA Mania : Mouthy Mac Warned To ‘Be Careful’ With Khabib Critique
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier stars in new Bud Light commercial ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor adopts 'cold in the soul' approach, won't fight with animosity in UFC return
  • MMAFighting.com : Husband and coach of UFC fighter arrested for alleged sexual abuse of child
  • MMA Mania : Finalized! UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Mitch Raposo steps into UFC 302 for debut vs. Andre Lima
  • MMA Junkie : Stamp Fairtex out of ONE 167 due to injury, scheduled ONE 168 champ vs. champ bout in question
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev’s Career Highlights | Title Wins To Best Finishes