Topic: Souza vs. Mousasi II

Souza vs. Mousasi II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

07.09.2014 | 1:41 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Souza vs. Mousasi II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.09.2014 | 1:41 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Mousasi   wrong Decision  

If this does indeed end up a five-rounder, which I think is the case, it bodes well for Mousasi.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

07.09.2014 | 1:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Mousasi   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Moose stomp Alligators to death in the wild...it will be no different here.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.09.2014 | 1:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Souza   wrong Decision  

I think Mousasi wins again.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.09.2014 | 2:20 PM ET

Apparently Mousasi learned about it from social media 

That's something the UFC REALLY need to work on. It's not the first time people have learned about stuff regarding their careers from 3rd party (Ulysses Gomez found out he was out of a job via Twitter for god's sake).

I mean, how hard is it to make sure the ******* HR (in case of cuts) or matchmaking (in case of fight changes) departments call who ever's affected before announcing ****.

I think it shows again that the fighters aren't really more than a product in their eyes. Employees who don't really need to be in the know and to be honest it's unprofessional as ****.

Moose seems really ticked off about it (and rightfully so):

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.09.2014 | 2:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Souza   correct Submission   correct Round 3  

Yeah totally agree. I mean it sucks either way its the same outcome but most people would rather hear it from their employer instead of on the street.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

yossgold
yossgold

07.09.2014 | 2:34 PM ET

And it's not even hard to do, once you make the decision get a secretary to get on the phone and confirm the fighters knows beforehand ... should be the easiest part of running the operation ... and if you can't reach the fighter or his management team (time zones, not answering, whatever) and you REALLY have to release the announcement, at least leave a message with their management or an email/text saying "tried to reach you, needed to run with this, blah blah is happening, call us when you get this for details". Show the man you made the effort...

As for firing guys, I'm pretty sure that you can hold announcing cutting a guy until you've confirmed he or his manager know it's happened.

* Edited at 07.09.2014, 2:35 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

07.09.2014 | 3:20 PM ET

Wow good for Moose for speaking up. That is ****** up.

As for the fight I am not sure who wins. I think Jacare but if its a 5 rounder it swings in Mooses favor.

@Nomad, I don't think Moose and Aligators live in the same places haha, but I like the way you think. Predators over plant eaters for me.
yossgold
yossgold

07.09.2014 | 3:25 PM ET

Another thing ... from a pure logistics POV ... how the **** can you schedule a guy to fight without talking to him first??? What if his sister's getting married on that day or his pet goldfish is scheduled for an appendix removal FFS??

I think this may be a case where it's a leaked rumour and not an official UFC announcement, because for the life of me I don't see them announcing a fight before both fighters have dotted the Ts and Is ... they usually don't do that, which is why the UFC always seem to "announce" the fight a few weeks after the whole world already knows about it.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.09.2014 | 3:33 PM ET

I think it shows again that the fighters aren't really more than a product in their eyes.

Bravo yossgold. This is why I hate the UFC.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

07.09.2014 | 9:32 PM ET

Confirmed main event.

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

07.09.2014 | 9:49 PM ET

as a Canadian, Especially one from an extremely rural area (100 person fishing outport)  i can 100% confirm moose will **** your day up.  Moose do not give a ****.  A moose would totally fight an alligator to the death given the chance.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

yossgold
yossgold

07.10.2014 | 2:00 AM ET

Which is why the hundreds of alligators that used to live in Northern Canada ****** off to Africa. Long frickin' swim, but no Moose...

True story :))

* Edited at 07.10.2014, 2:00 AM ET *

yossgold
yossgold

07.10.2014 | 2:30 AM ET

Apparently ZUFFA did reach out to Mousasi's management before alerting the media, so I take some of it back (at least on the cancellation part of it, you can't wait for Holland time zones to align when you're cancelling an event, it has to be done ASAP in order to start rolling all the rest of the **** that comes from it forward).

But I still don't understand how you can announce a fight before the fighter's confirmed he's free or will be ready on that date, maybe that was only officially announced after they talked to Moose.

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

07.10.2014 | 8:27 AM ET

"Which is why the hundreds of alligators that used to live in Northern Canada ****** off to Africa. Long frickin' swim, but no Moose..."

LMAO. Can't argue with that logic. 

I think Zuffa does this fight announcement stuff without talking to fighters all the time. They announced Gus vs Jones before Jones agreed. They scheduled and announced Lil Nog for a fight when he was injured. Joe Silva seems to be completely incompetent at his job. Good thing he is friends with the boss. 
yossgold
yossgold

07.10.2014 | 8:47 AM ET

I think it's megalomania mixed with the fact that most the time, the fighters have no choice but to abide ... good think Jones set them straight though ... they won't be announcing his fights without checking with him anymore ...

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

07.10.2014 | 9:12 AM ET

Yeah, they kind of "have" to abide, considering this is their livelihood. It's definitely a **** system that the UFC should tighten up.

P.S. All I can think now is when Yoss said " announce a fight before the fighter's confirmed he's free." Sorry Dana, I'm taking my wife to see Cirque du Soleil that weekend. lol  

"Frig off, bud"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

07.10.2014 | 10:13 AM ET

Lentz/Oliveira II set for this event. 

Clearly the UFC wants no one to pay any attention whatsoever to the Bellator card on that same day also in Connecticut. 

yossgold
yossgold

07.10.2014 | 10:22 AM ET

For sure ... I don't think anyone buys Dana's "I don't give a **** about them and their schedule" routine ...

I don't think the UFC go out of their way to counter-program them, but if they do, they're gonna load that **** up like a ************ ... especially now they've actually seen a Bellator card (and a watered down one at that) do better than a UFC card.

yossgold
yossgold

07.10.2014 | 10:24 AM ET

@michigan, LOL!!!

"But dude, we bought these tickets months ago and it'll be ages 'till Cirque du Soleil are in our area again AND my pet goldfish is scheduled for and appendix removal, so there's that too"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

07.10.2014 | 11:34 AM ET

Which watered down Bellator card did better than UFC? I don't think Bellator is a threat at all to the PPV numbers, but clearly if the UFC can take views from them they will. I think the UFC should be more concerned 174 reportedly did terrible. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Trey Waters, Sean Woodson, Recap Of UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Nascimento
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Bader To Play A Role In Mark Kerr Movie Starring The Rock
  • Middle Easy : Aljamain Sterling Will ‘Bet His Life Savings’ On Himself Against Sean O’Malley In Rematch
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till belittles 'Dumbo' Mike Perry's successful run in BKFC
  • Bad Left Hook : Mayweather vs Ortiz exhibition rematch reportedly planned for Aug. 24
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC FIGHT PASS INVITATIONAL 7
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions if Stipe Miocic can 'still compete at that level' vs. Jon Jones
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Typical big bully’: Carl Froch rips ‘disgraceful’ John Fury for headbutt
  • MMA Mania : Yes, They’re Making A ‘Road House’ Sequel
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch Fury Vs Usyk Grand Arrivals From Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Says He ‘Never Wanted To Leave’ UFC, Waiting For ‘Offer’ Before Making His Next Move
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Joaquin Buckley doubling down on Conor McGregor callout, Barber vs. Namajunas, more
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC president David Feldman sees Conor McGregor as perfect partner: 'He's got phenomenal business acumen'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books Virna Jandiroba vs. Amanda Lemos for July bout
  • Bad Left Hook : IBF orders Canelo to face mandatory challenger Scull
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Gilbert Burns says 'let's do it' in response to Joaquin Buckley's callout
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till won’t fight ‘big dumbo’ Mike Perry in BKFC, says bare-knuckle is ‘when you’re coming to the end’
  • MMA Mania : New Rankings! Lewis Returns To Heavyweight Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : With Colby Covington 'running,' Ian Machado Garry reveals slew of names offered by UFC
  • MMA Mania : ‘Poatan’ Gets New Job At Topps Hobby Shop