Topic: Kennedy vs. Romero

Kennedy vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,668  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,583
  • Post Score: 60

07.08.2014 | 8:49 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Kennedy vs. Romero. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

09.29.2014 | 3:05 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kennedy   wrong Decision  

First off, to everyone that took Romero,great call.  He was the right pick and looked better than I expected.

I am not bitter about getting the pick wrong.

That being said, that gif blows the glove hold far out of portion.  Kennedy started with the wrist and slid to the glove for the briefest of moments.  

Watch it again in live time again. It arguably doesn't even warrant a warning.  I watched slow mo and live time on  LED.  It's easy to splice and replay a moment into a gif and have it give the illusion of Kennedy holding his finger in his glove for an eternity.  That was just fight time reaction.

Yoel/corner blatantly failed to answer the round and stalled leaving the cage even after it was clean.  The entire time Yoel is sitting looking worse than myself after a week long bender.  

I mean come on guys, Vaseline and a language barrier caused the corner men to forget the stool the rocked fighter was hunched over?

Again, great ******* fight either way.  That's JMO.

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.29.2014 | 3:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   wrong Decision  

For the briefest of moments??? You mean those brief moments where he pummeled him with uppercuts and basically started the whole knockdown sequence??? Also, he held on for the whole time he could before Romero started falling back - meaning it was intentional. This wasn't a wrist grab sliding into the glove, this was a dude that saw the wrist was slipping and clawing on to the glove for as long as he could.

It doesn't matter how brief it was, intention is what counts ... if you managed to gain an advantage (a very serious one in this case) by intentionally doing something illegal you should be punished. McCarthy didn't catch this one, Karma did.

I think that with all the confusion going on there and McCarthy being the one to ask them to clean the vaseline it's more understandable that Romaro an his corner didn't know what the **** was going on than Kennedy's glove grab.

Either way, both are shady enough that Kennedy shouldn't feel he's been ****** over. Glove grab gave him the advantage that he eventually lost through another shady turn of events, I call it even so it's a good thing that they started the 3rd round on even grounds.

* Edited at 09.29.2014, 3:49 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.29.2014 | 3:54 AM ET

He was tagging him before a second and a half of glove grab 

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

09.29.2014 | 7:47 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

But the blunt of his strikes that stunned Romero were while he was holding the glove.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

09.29.2014 | 8:55 AM ET

Holding the glove impeded Romero's ability to get away from the punches, it's illegal for a reason.  A foul is a foul.  If you want to nitpick, Kennedy's was an intentional foul committed by himself, whereas the confusion at the beginning of the round had nothing to do with Romero and was entirely due to the cutman and the referee.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.29.2014 | 10:41 AM ET

No the blunt of them really wasnt.  Only if you're looking at the gif not the real time or slow mo replay.  He started with the wrist and slid into the glove. 

I don't expect my take to be a popular one.  It's ok if you don't agree with ne.   You have every right to your wrong opinions. 

nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 3:42 PM ET

Tim Kennedy still shouldn't be graabbin gloves regardless and yes i did look and the brunt of them are landed while he is holding the glove @loudenSwain.  
OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

09.29.2014 | 4:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

When you get an Orbital fracture you tend to have a MELTDOWN. Yo!

* Edited at 09.29.2014, 4:59 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 27 minutes from now.
hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

09.29.2014 | 4:53 PM ET

Did Kennedy get a fractured orbital?
OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

09.29.2014 | 4:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

News: MMA Junkie.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 27 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.29.2014 | 5:19 PM ET

@nogfan, I probably just got a better TV than you, bro.  It's all good.  We can agree to disagree. 

nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 5:51 PM ET

@loudenSwain or you're just some ******** white belt who has no clear understanding of what proper wrist control looks like. I'm not going to insult you too heavily as i feel about  bad making fun of ******** people.  

* Edited at 09.29.2014, 5:59 PM ET *

nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 5:53 PM ET

@loudenSwain So, by your definition, wrist control consists of digging your fingers into your opponents glove? Last i checked it's not.  I don't give a **** about how good your TV is, TV can't make up for being an ******* who knows jack **** about MMA.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.29.2014 | 6:01 PM ET

Very emotional fellow, you are, Mrnogfan.  Very emotional indeed.  

I'd continue to argue with you but you're clearly the more experienced idiot.

I try not to argue with idiots as they bring you down to their level and trounce you with experience every time. 

nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 6:02 PM ET

@loudenSwain Dealing with people that are at the pinnacle of human  stupidity such like you have is a very mentally exhausting task mainly due to the fact i find that if i read what you post for too long i begin to become almost as stupid as you. emphasis on almost, as it is impossible for any mere mortal to ascend to your enlightened state of sheer and utter ******ation. I know this is quite hard for you to read so i will sum it up in a format that someone as stupid as even you could understand.  YOU ARE VERY ********, WHEN I READ YOU POST ME FEEL ********, BUT ME NOT AS ******** AS YOU.
FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

09.29.2014 | 6:02 PM ET

Jesus... just hug it out men and call the argue a tie

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 6:04 PM ET

@loudenSwain no you can;'t really agree to disagree as it is incredibly clear that Tim Kennedy was grabbing the inside of Romero's glove.  But please entertain me with a witty response or some retort explaining to me my folly and how Tim Kennedy is not to be blamed.
nogfan
nogfan

09.29.2014 | 6:05 PM ET

Yeah i'm done.  I just couldn't stand the level of stupidity being displayed by @loudenSwain there for a minute but now i'm good.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.29.2014 | 7:01 PM ET

Well I do fully understand some of my opinions are not popular..

I also know I can be stupid, an idiot and a fool..

A wise man did once say, "A fool who knows he is a fool is a wise for that very reason, while the fool who believes himself to be wise is a fool indeed."

Or some **** like that.  

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

09.29.2014 | 9:30 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kennedy   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I've always thought Nogfan to be one of our forums most stupid while LoudenSwain is a'ight. 

The Nomad has spoken.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true