Tapology Forums

Should I Still Go

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ispitzhotfire
ispitzhotfire
  • Predictions:  112  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 146

07.03.2014 | 3:49 PM ET

My girlfriend got me two tickets to Aldo vs Mendes with floor level seats. Now that Aldo is out, and I am waiting for what replaces this... should I cancel the tickets or just go? Going to an event is great, but I can't justify spending all that money now. The main event is gone, the title fight is gone... there are a couple other good fights on there, but nothing I would pay to see live. What should I do?

"Some ************'s always trying to iceskate uphill. "

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.03.2014 | 3:52 PM ET

That sucks, I have a feeling that Mousasi/Souza will end up being the main event so it probably wont be anything spectacular if they do add another fight. I would say if you can get all your money back and try to get tickets to another event that might be the best bet if you're not all that interested in this card.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.03.2014 | 4:11 PM ET

Aldo is out? you're ******* with me...
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 week, 3 days, 14 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
ispitzhotfire
ispitzhotfire

07.03.2014 | 4:13 PM ET

Yep...pissed. 

ispitzhotfire
ispitzhotfire

07.03.2014 | 4:14 PM ET

My thoughts exactly. Not sure if it is even worth a PPV at this point. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,544  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

07.03.2014 | 4:36 PM ET

I would go.  The best even  I ever went to was an amateur event and it was better than the UFC and Strikeforce events that I saw. This one might be great in person.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.03.2014 | 4:38 PM ET

@ispitzhotfire If you can get a refund, get it. The UFC overprices their events like crazy, you shouldn't go if they pull **** like that.

Use the money and take your girlfriend out to a vacation or something.

"الله أكبرl"

ispitzhotfire
ispitzhotfire

07.03.2014 | 4:53 PM ET

Seeing one of the top pound for pound fighters with a belt on the line would have been cool. It usually works out where events with lesser names end up better because they are hungry, but it's a lot of money minus a headline fight. 

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

07.03.2014 | 5:34 PM ET

I would go. Often times you put all your hopes into one fight and that fight ends up being a boring one and the other fights deliver. It is hit or miss with UFC events. #JustDoIt!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Marlon Vera: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 7
  • MMA Mania : Sterling vs. ‘UFC’s Most Boring Fighter’?
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! ‘California Kid’ Strangles 4th degree Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : Team Kasai Dominate In AIGA Champions League Brazil Qualifier 2024 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Beatriz ‘Bia’ Mesquita Set For MMA Debut At Spaten Fight Night
  • MMA Mania : Brooke Drops VanZant, Fight Ends In Split Draw
  • Bad Left Hook : Mbilli destroys Heffron in 40 seconds, sets up August fight with Derevyanchenko
  • MMA Junkie : MF & DAZN: X Series 15 results: Paige VanZant knocked down early by Elle Brooke, rallies for split draw
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant suffers brutal knockdown but comes back for split draw with Elle Brooke
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke Ruled a Split Draw, Rematch Already in the Works – MF & DAZN: X Series 15 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 15 live blog: Elle Brooke vs. Paige VanZant
  • MMAFighting.com : Le’Veon Bell survives early scare, punishes Tristan Hamm to win unanimous decision at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Catterall avenges disputed loss to Josh Taylor; Bob Arum calls scoring 'a disgrace'
  • MMA Mania : Khabib: Makhachev Finishes Poirier In Under Three Rounds
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Logan Paul hits insane frog splash through announce table but loses match to Cody Rhodes
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Bob Arum erupts after Jack Catterall beats Josh Taylor in rematch: ‘Those scorecards were a disgrace’
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill vs. Carlos Ulberg: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 co-main event
  • MMA Mania : Marshall Talks ‘Hard’ Transition To MMA
  • Bad Left Hook : Jack Catterall digs deep, beats Josh Taylor in grueling rematch