Tapology Forums

Chael Sonnen: Fedor's Real MMA Record Is 3-2.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.26.2011 | 11:57 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

07.27.2011 | 12:06 AM ET

Chael Sonnen always makes me laugh. He is a prime example of how **** talking should be done. Not saying that I agree with even half the crap he says but it still makes me laugh
****estar
****estar
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  730
  • Post Score: 245

07.27.2011 | 12:30 AM ET

Another classic Sonnen interview, don't totally disagree with Fedor's 3-2 record lol

"Blood alone turns the wheels of history" - Dwight Schrute

punx62
punx62
  • Predictions:  4,380  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  61
  • Post Score: 113

07.27.2011 | 12:39 AM ET

chael sonnen is gunna get smashed by brian stann so bad he wont be talkin at all anymore

"Been here a long time"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.27.2011 | 1:18 AM ET

I agree with him a little bit not that PRIDE was fixed or any of that...but since Fedor has been fighting in the 2nd ranked org, he still hasn't looked too good.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

LoneRonin
LoneRonin

07.27.2011 | 1:43 AM ET

you cant say Fedor is 3-2. Most of the guys he beat back in the day were considered good fighters. You cant go back and look at somebodys record and say "well that guy isnt good by todays standard so that fight doesnt count."  He hasnt looked good lately and would probably lose to most of the top HW's. But he has also been competing in combat sports for like 14 years(mma for like 11) and is on the down slope of his career.
BodyModifier
BodyModifier

07.27.2011 | 1:52 AM ET

Lone Ronin it's hard to tell that to any fan that bashes his record. It's exactly what you said. Back then his competition was put in front of him and were considered a threat at the time. Of course he's going to run into dangerous opponents now. 
That's like bashing Shogun because he couldn't beat Jones, but look at what Shogun has accomplished when he was Jones age. Bones is a newer breed when it comes to MMA. Younger fighters are going to come into this sport fully well rounded. There will be more fighters like Jones and that's why it's easy to bash on legends of the sport like Sonnen does.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

07.27.2011 | 1:52 AM ET

I had a good laugh none the less at the interview.

LoneRonin
LoneRonin

07.27.2011 | 2:05 AM ET

@BodyMod  at least theres a few of us that understand that. Honestly I think a lot of it is people who are relatively new fans to mma and didnt see the fights when they took place. I watched Fedor in Pride when the fights were actually happening for the first time. Guys who didnt watch mma back in the early 2000's have to look Fedor fights up on youtube, thats like taking somebodies words out of context. You cant appreciate how good those guys were when your watching their videos now and comparing them to guys like Jones how have been trying in MMA since they were kids.

* Edited at 07.27.2011, 2:06 AM ET *

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.27.2011 | 2:23 AM ET

fedors record soon to be 3-3 and probably retired.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.27.2011 | 3:29 AM ET

Amen to that @wolf. Good thing too. I'm so sick of hearing about Fedor. Hendo is gonna knock him into retirement.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.27.2011 | 3:32 AM ET

i don't even think fedor even wants to fight any more. there are people behind the scenes telling him he needs to fight for their benefit.
ADoseofBuckley
ADoseofBuckley
  • Predictions:  174  |  56.9%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 67

07.27.2011 | 3:49 AM ET

Sonnen should become a WWE wrestler. He completely discredits himself with comments like:

"Anderson and I will meet up again, either way, regardless, Anderson’s not going to be the champion by then because Yushin Okami’s going to take him out in August, in his hometown"

and

"I got no problem slapping Anderson around again just for fun, just for laughs, just to entertain myself."

We'll see about his first comment but I just don't see it happening... and did he have fun, was he entertained when even juiced he tapped to Silva? Guy's a clown, sure he has proven he can fight, but he's never beaten a name as big as Fedor, he's lost every major fight in his career except to Okami and Marquardt (losses to Silva, Babalu, Jeremy Horn three times, Forrest Griffin). I don't find his little stand-up act all that funny, and I really hope that we see the same Brian Stann show up for that fight that wrecked Leben in minutes. Nothing would be more satisfying than to see this guy's jaw wired shut, see how much **** he can talk when he has to eat through a straw.

"Not everyone who works hard succeeds, but those who succeed worked hard!"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

07.27.2011 | 4:27 AM ET

Is Fedor 3-2 in strikeforce? Haha

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.27.2011 | 4:31 AM ET

i think its his record outside of pride fights. he will be 3-3 after hendo knocks him out.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

07.27.2011 | 4:34 AM ET

Wow that many fights in pride?? ... Yeah he will!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.27.2011 | 4:48 AM ET

Fedor has looked fine lately, no different to what he ever looked, and that's the problem, he hasn't evolved, his one dimensional fighting style just doesn't cut it anymore. Rose tinted glasses are smearing folks impressions of this guy. Chael actually makes some sense for once.

"I Get Better."

DelRose
DelRose

07.27.2011 | 4:52 AM ET

I actaully agree with chael sonnen, one thing he's 100% right about.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

07.27.2011 | 9:48 AM ET

@Yaspaa I disagree at the notion that Fedor was one dimensional. But I do agree that the sport is starting to pass him by and if he dosen't get back his passion and adjust a little bit then it's either retirement or at least main eventing in M-1 shows.

And it's too little too late as Hendo will H-Bomb him into retirement.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

07.27.2011 | 9:58 AM ET

It's not that Fedor is one dimensional it's he's been around far too long and is predictable. His striking he comes in aggressive and it worked for him in the past, but people have so much footage on him and a mixture of what Mystic said. 
For a guy to cement his legacy for his time and still compete and go in there and get beaten down by Bigfoot, and still fight through. He has a huge heart. 
Criticize him all you want he's the greatest of all time. 

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.27.2011 | 10:38 AM ET

Where is all this Fedor hate coming from, seriously? "He needs to retire", "I hope Hendo knocks him into retirement", etc...

Fedor hasn't evolved, but he hasn't lost much if anything, he got beat by two guys much larger then him, one of which was lucky.

How exactly has Hendo evolved? He's been the same fighter his ENTIRE career, a solid wrestler with a big right hand.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’