Topic: Other Sports

Brazil 2014 World Cup

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

06.12.2014 | 10:49 AM ET

This thread is to discuss and share news & multimedia related to the Brazil 2014 World Cup that begins today, June 12.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.12.2014 | 10:52 AM ET

Good. Now I can talk football without seeing 'soccer' in the thread's title :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

06.12.2014 | 10:52 AM ET

I'll start off by saying that I don't expect Mexico to advance to quarter finals, if we do well on the first stage and advance to the second phase, we will face either Holland or Spain, so that's that.

My favorites to win the cup are Spain and Brazil.

"@AndySalasMMA"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.12.2014 | 11:25 AM ET

I have an Italian background, so let's go Italy?! I would cheer for Canada, but you know.. they're Canada.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

06.12.2014 | 11:36 AM ET

Copy/Paste from the Obligatory Football/Soccer Thread:

I'm pumped!! Can't wait for this to begin. Hope it's not as bad as the past one.

I think Spain repeats or Germany or Netherlands win it. Other teams that I am looking forward to watching are Portugal, Italy, Uruguay and Brazil.

I haven't watched any of the pre-World Cup friendlies, but if Spain shows up in the same form as they did for the Euro Cup 2 years ago, then they should cruise through this.

Hoping Spain can repeat though.
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

06.12.2014 | 11:48 AM ET

Didn't mean to step on your toes, this thread is just temporary for the 1 month that the world cup goes for.

I've heard good things about Uruguay, there are high expectations for the latin american countries, especially Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil of course, but apparently Colombia and Chile have built pretty good teams that may surprise many.

Heard on the news this morning that Forlan has gastrointestinal issues though, not sure if he'll be 100% for their first match against Costa Rica. Although even without Forlan, they should be able to get the W.

"@AndySalasMMA"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

06.12.2014 | 11:59 AM ET

Forlán had a glorious run in 2010 WC. Sucks he fell off a bit after the WC.

Forgot about Argentina. They do have a great squad for the WC; Messi, Agüero, Pipita, Lavezzi, Mascherano, Gago, di Maria, Zabaleta, Garay, etc. and they're also in Group F with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran and Nigeria, so they should be able to get out of that group easily.

Colombia should also get out of their group, however I don't like Chile's chances of getting out of their group since they're in there with Spain, Netherlands and Australia.
sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,486  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

06.12.2014 | 12:00 PM ET

Uruguay FTW. Brazil is being overrated by a lot of people this year, but behind their home crowd they could easily make a run.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

06.12.2014 | 12:04 PM ET

I don't know if Brazil's being overrated, they played great at the Confed Cup last year. I also think Uruguay will be awesome, they have Suarez who is probably playing as well as anyone in the world right now, and they also have guys like Cavani and Forlan in attack. Godin was crazy good in defense for Atletico this year as well.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,486  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

06.12.2014 | 12:12 PM ET

I meant that a lot of people are picking them to win the cup. I just don't see them as the favorite to win.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

06.12.2014 | 12:13 PM ET

Brazil will do fine.

Uruguay's club is indeed awesome.

Group D is possibly the toughest block and is a group that will produce some really good games I'm looking forward to.
michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

06.12.2014 | 12:16 PM ET

USA USA USA!!!

In all seriousness though, Spain and Germany are the teams to beat IMO.

"Frig off, bud"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

06.12.2014 | 12:19 PM ET

@sreimuth in that case, I agree with you.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,023  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.12.2014 | 12:26 PM ET

My final pick to win it all is Brazil, tho there are many teams that have a chance...

1st tier:  Ja! Ve Ze Germans for example but ve have to many crippled players and ze Reus injury and the scurred manager Löw means too much to handle. Ve can be happy if ve reach the semis. Spain has a uber roster again but they just can't keep on winning that would be unfair. Seriously if they win again they will forever be known as the GOAT generation. Argentina has the messiah Messi and everything is possible with him, ****** defense on that team tho.

2nd tier: France has a young great first 11, if they can keep their **** together they will go far no doubt about that, Italy has Aids, (as a German I just can't help but hate on them) Netherlands and England I both like, although they hate ze Germans with a passion, still won't be enough for a title this year for both. Holland is a bit old and rusty and just hasn't the quality they once had, and England is a bit to young overall, they could surprise if Wilshere, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge (and a few other) get to play tho.

3rd tier: Colombia will win their group but what happens then? Hard to say, would be awesome if they could go far. Portugal has a legit team and obviously a superstar in Puss-boy Ronaldo, I could see them reach the semis. Belgium, what a team! They will be 2nd if not 1st tier in 2 years at the next Euro Cup but they are prolly to young this time around. Uruguay, unfortunatly got a **** group with Aids-Italy and Engaaaaland hope they kick Italy out, if they can do that I could see them in the final four with some luck and the BEAST attack that is Suarez & Cavani. Same thing with Chile really, ****** group but if they can eliminate Spain or Holland they could make a run, at least to the quarter finals.

Ultra-dog pick is Switzerland, because Granit Xhaka plays for them...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

06.12.2014 | 12:47 PM ET

I put 20 bucks on Brazil to win the cup at +275. 
Seemed like a good deal.

"@AndySalasMMA"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.12.2014 | 1:45 PM ET

The US Open golf is on for the next 4 days so won't care about the world cup until then but looking forward to it!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

06.12.2014 | 2:13 PM ET

I can't even watch Italy/England.. because the fights are more important. 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

06.12.2014 | 2:18 PM ET

Check this out. In depth breakdown of all teams involved. Actually quite impressive. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/world-cup-2014/world-cup-preview/

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

06.12.2014 | 2:23 PM ET

The opening ceremony just started

are we allowed to post links to legit streams?

"@AndySalasMMA"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.12.2014 | 2:25 PM ET

I still can't believe they couldn't get Gareth Bale to play for England rather than Wales ... that's the second time that's happened, though Ryan Giggs had Mark Hughes (who was his idol and was the star of his team at the time), and Ian Rush (legend) in his ear while as Bale just chose Wales out of patriotism, which is commendable, don't get me wrong, but not the best career move, since success in the major national tournaments translates very well financially and in terms of career fulfillment. I mean, look at Messi. Dude's done EVERYTHING a footballer can do but his career will always be second to Maradona's unless he wins the world title with Argentina.

I dunno, I get it, and it shows great character on his behalf (which makes it even worse for me), but man would I have loved to see him wearing those white shirts ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

06.12.2014 | 2:39 PM ET

Could Jennifer Lopez and this other girl make it any more obvious that they're lip syncing? Dear god.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’