Tapology Forums

Dana White's Comments Need To Stop.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

04.24.2014 | 10:12 PM ET

Really, show some level of professionalism and treat the fighters like they're people.  "Fabricio Werdum played it safe against Travis Browne".  It's called a ******* game plan and he dominated Browne with it which i thoroughly enjoyed watching. Or the constant praise of Rousey which at this point is just getting out of line.  The  constant mockery of Cyborg. "She looks like Wandy in heels and a dress."    That and openly allowing for Ronda to call Cyborg it is just so unprofessional.   The whole Floyd Mayweather/Ronda Rousey ******** is brutally annoying as well. Do you see the president of the NFL, NHL, MLB, or NBA doing any of this childish unprofessional ****?

* Edited at 04.24.2014, 10:24 PM ET *

Responses Page 2

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.26.2014 | 3:27 AM ET

That^^ is why @haven is one of Tapology's GOAT posters. Greatness cannot be explained to mortals.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

04.26.2014 | 1:44 PM ET

I don't know why some people get bent out of shape about what Dana says. Also some people are way too sensitive about constructive criticism.  It's like nobody has said anything critical to them in their whole life. Like they were raised in the we are all winners everybody gets a trophy era. 

Dana said Werdum looked great but he thought he could have finished Brown and thought Werdum played it safe. That is barely a criticism and people get bent out of shape. The whole Wand in a dress comment is definitely over the top and a bit out of line. Though Cyborg has acquired many masculin features due to her steroid use. Dana says it to point out the hypocrisy of the media who constantly harass the UFC about PEDs and then turn around and demand Cyborg a known PED user get a title shot though she can't make weight due to muscle put on through steroid use. 

As for Rousey she is a star and there is no denying that. I also don't know why him saying a world class grappler would be able to tap someone with no ground game at all is controversial.  It is something we learned at UFC 1, If the question was Barrao or even Mighty mouse vs Maywhether nobody would bat an eye. But since it's Ronda it threatens indoctrinated ideals of mens superiority over women. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.26.2014 | 2:45 PM ET

" Also some people are way too sensitive about constructive criticism."

Dana?

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

04.26.2014 | 3:14 PM ET

Dana White has to discredit or mock any fighter that could potentially take away any attention, ratings, money, or marketing away from the UFC. Is it unprofessional, petty, and senseless? Of course it is, but to the masses of casual MMA fans who can't think for themselves, it's effective marketing on his part. I don't condone what Dana White says and does about fighters that aren't marketable for him or fighters that don't or won't fight for the UFC, but I understand why he does it.

The UFC IS the Super Bowl of MMA. It's the top MMA organization in the world at this point and time, and White will do whatever it takes to protect his organization, his fighters that bring him money and ratings, and the credibility of his fighters. All the while, he will demean, mock, discredit, and rip on fighters that present any kind of competition in said areas.

He did that kind of **** to PRIDE fighters back when PRIDE fighters were still relevant to MMA. He did it to Fedor, Barnett, Cro-Cop, Wandy, and Gomi. He was on Tito's nuts while Tito was the UFC LHW Champion and bringing the organization money when there were no other fighters to market the UFC. Once he didn't need Tito anymore, Dana turned on him in half a heartbeat.

If White would do that kind of **** to someone who was not only a fighter that he managed, but was also his good friend at the time, what makes you think he wouldn't do the same or far worse to fighters and orgs that he doesn't know or serve his purposes to keep the UFC and it's fighters marketable? To take offense to anything that Dana White says or take it personally doesn't do any good. Dana's not going to stop doing this kind of ****. He's always been that way, and he probably always will. So don't take any of it to heart.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Mauch
Mauch
  • Predictions:  136  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

04.27.2014 | 12:22 PM ET

I like what Dana says,most of the time its the truth. He doesn't take bs and if he made a negative comment about about cyborg who was popped for steroid use I think that's the right thing to do. Womens MMA is just finally getting interesting,and lets not forget what she did was illegal and very bad for the sport. As far as the Werdum comment its not a lie. Did Werdum finish the fight? No. Could he have? Probably. So he didn't cause he had a game plan? Some see it as smart  but Dana does know fighting and he knows fans don't wanna see someone playing it safe when they have the obvious advantage and could finish it. He doesn't *****foot around things so im gona keep laughin and enjoyin his comments.

"SINK IT IN"

xxTank0019xx
xxTank0019xx
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,364
  • Post Score: 169

04.27.2014 | 12:42 PM ET

I see your going to last on this site. and with that I would like to welcome you to tapology Mauch!

"2012 GIF AV Grand Prix "FAH Q" Award winner!"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’