Topic: MCC 53

Looks like another wrong fighter...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,228  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.13.2014 | 7:07 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   10th Place

When reading the results off the UG it appears that we also had the wrong Josh Christensen fighting. The fighter we had on Tapology here (and linked to both Sherdog and UG) was a 36 years old 11-5 LHW vet. But according to the results the Josh who actually fought (and lost) in the main event was this guy, a 28 years old WW 0-1 (now 0-2) beginner (here is his Sherdog profile). So I guess another fight gets voided.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

MCC 53
Bout   Info
Nick Dewitt   defeats   Jared Hefler   via KO/TKO, Retirement   2:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brian Imes   defeats   Josh Christensen   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:42 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Damion Shehan   defeats   Sinjen Ruby   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michael McBride   defeats   Micah Washington   via Submission, Choke   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Eric Howser   defeats   Sekou Moore   via Submission, Triangle Choke   0:50 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Eric Thavonekham   defeats   Tony Crowder   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nate Endres   defeats   Nate Smith   via Submission, Armbar   1:48 Round 3 of 3, 7:48 Total Bout Page
Eddie Perez   defeats   Sean Frank   via Submission, Punches   2:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Skyler McDonald   defeats   Jeff Eads   via KO/TKO   0:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jared Hefler   defeats   Brad Davis   via Submission, Kimura   0:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nick Dewitt   defeats   Spencer Drish   via KO/TKO   2:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

04.13.2014 | 7:09 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 6 Perfect, 715 Points   |   5th Place

I would say the UG linked to the wrong guy? The guy we had has fought in MCC and is also the correct weight.
I got the pick wrong so I'm not overly fussed :P

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,228  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.13.2014 | 7:16 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   10th Place

I'm not sure myself. The guy on the poster certainly looks more like the Christensen I recognize. So I'm just leaving this result blank for now, let the powers that be decide. I picked it wrong too btw, Imes and his below .500 record was only 4% it turns out.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

04.13.2014 | 10:31 AM ET

I'm confident we've got it correct on Tap and that someone wasn't paying attention on UG.

Which guy makes sense for their 205 lbs main event title fight:
- a 205 lbs fighter with an extensive record who has fought for them before
- a 170 lbs fighter who is 0-1 and hasn't been active in 5 years

I guess anything is possible, but this would be really really weird if we had it wrong.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘I Love To Get Punched In My Face!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Rani Yahya interested in re-booking ‘biggest fight of my life’ against Cody Garbrandt after UFC Vegas 91
  • Middle Easy : Elle Brooke Says Paige VanZant Didn’t Intimidate Her During Face-Off Despite Huge Height Difference
  • MMA Mania : ‘Knucklemania 4:’ Perry Vs. Alves!
  • Middle Easy : Amanda Ribas Stalked By ‘Crazy Guy’ Claiming To Be Her Husband From Hotel To UFC P.I.
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane da Silva vows to win at UFC Vegas 91 and show ‘I’m ready’ for top of division
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMA Mania : Video! Garcia Awkwardly Shadowboxes For Amused Trump
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55