Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz "Im not fighting for less than 500k."

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

04.10.2014 | 3:23 AM ET

Nick Diaz's latest quote "Im not fighting for less than 500k." Hahahahahaha. He's smoking crack if he thinks he's worth anywhere near that much. He's not a top 5 fighter, he's barely a top 10 with the level of competition at 170 right now. 

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Responses Page 2

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.10.2014 | 2:28 PM ET

Its a smart move on his part considering that Anderson and GSP are both gone. It might be worth if to the UFC to pay Nick a substantial quantity in order to sell some ppvs.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 2:31 PM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

04.10.2014 | 2:56 PM ET

"Its a smart move on his part"

We'll see about that when hes trying to pay his taxes but can't because he spent all his money on weed and nunchucks

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

04.10.2014 | 3:13 PM ET

They need to give Nick Diaz smart style match-ups like they did in Strikeforce, didn't matter at the level of his competition it was the match-ups that made for his great fights in Strikeforce/other orgs in the past. Put this guy against someone who's a striker like Daley, Zaromskis, Cyborg, etc. I say a rematch with Robbie Lawler, but that would be just a dream. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

04.10.2014 | 3:19 PM ET

Even if he got a match up with Hendricks, if... a big if Hendricks fought Diaz like he did Lawler it could be very entertaining. But yeah, some stylistic match ups would be good to get people excited about him again. The Condit fight seemed like it would be just that, but I don't think many people expected Carlos to try and play it so safe.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

04.10.2014 | 3:21 PM ET

Nick vs Gunnar Nelson, got 100 on Gunnr any day son!

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

04.10.2014 | 3:22 PM ET

That would be a good one

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

04.10.2014 | 3:26 PM ET

I, like most people, would love to see Diaz fight again. He's given us some real wars and is one of the most entertaining fighters in MMA history. There's a lot of good matchups out there and with his skill set, he may or may not contend for the WW title. That being said, Diaz is doing right for himself. He doesn't want to fight and he'd only fight for the right price. He doesn't seem like someone who lives a lavish lifestyle and is content to stay retired and make money doing seminars and the like. He doesn't have to fight and it makes sense that he'd only come back for the right price. 
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.10.2014 | 4:01 PM ET

I think he's worth that money at this moment in time. Nick Diaz is extremely smart. He gets a bad rap for being a badboy or uneducated, but he's saying this at the perfect time.

Other than GSP, Diaz is without a doubt the biggest draw at welterweight. Now that GSP is out of the picture, Diaz becomes very valuable.

You ask the average MMA fan who they would like to see fight, Diaz or Hendricks, I bet Diaz comes out as the overwhelming favorite. 

The thing is, I would only offer him that money in a headlining title fight. He doesn't deserve a title shot though. Gotta go for a compromise: He gets through 2 fights and wins, I would be more than willing to offer him his 500K title shot.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’
  • MMA Mania : The King Of Rio Returns ... But Why?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White to roast Tom Brady in upcoming live Netflix special
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t,’ Garcia responds
  • UFC.com : José Aldo: A Homecoming Fit For A King