Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz "Im not fighting for less than 500k."

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

04.10.2014 | 3:23 AM ET

Nick Diaz's latest quote "Im not fighting for less than 500k." Hahahahahaha. He's smoking crack if he thinks he's worth anywhere near that much. He's not a top 5 fighter, he's barely a top 10 with the level of competition at 170 right now. 

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

04.10.2014 | 3:25 AM ET

Nick Diaz is definitely worth 500k. What's with you mooks and not wanting to see.guys get paid anyways?

Keep the dislikes coming you *****s.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.10.2014 | 3:52 AM ET

Gilbert Melendez and his manager obviously lit a fire under the Diaz bros asses and I love it! Hope other fighters wake up as well...

A comeback from Diaz would be huge and the UFC knows it, he's easily worth the 500k if not much more.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Nomad
Nomad

04.10.2014 | 4:03 AM ET

Nick vs GSP sold what between 990,000 and 1.1million, GSP probably got 12million+ with his PPV cut and undisclosed pay but what do you think Nick got and what do you think Nick's worth? Nick literally brought  couple hundred thousand extra viewers himself. The guy has a ******* crazy, interesting as **** personality, a unique, technical style that's very exciting and a huge fanbase. How he's not worth a 500k base pay with no win bonus...I'll never ******* know, put him as the co main with Lombard on Johnys next title defense, probably does twice as much as without him.

PS: I think Lombard mauls Nick.

PSS: Lombard is worth his 300k salary.

PSSS: Of you think a perennial top 5 Middleweight in Yushin Okami was EXPENSIVE at 40k/40k you must hate MMA fighters.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 4:05 AM ET *

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

04.10.2014 | 9:00 AM ET

Nick beats Lombard in a five round fight. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,660  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.10.2014 | 9:02 AM ET

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

04.10.2014 | 9:23 AM ET

Give Nick his 500k under the stipulation that if he loses he goes down to his brothers pay. Then give him a wrestler and see if hes worth 500k

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.10.2014 | 9:30 AM ET

Giving the current top echelon of the 170 division he basically gets creamed by a wrestler/judoka no matter who he fights ... unless he rematches Condit, and then he cries about running and not wrestling. Whoever you give him it'll be paying 500 large ones to hear whiny excuses after the fight. 

I'd love to see him fight, but if I were the UFC I wouldn't set a 500K for a mid-losing streak, non-champ precedent with a guy who's just going to keep losing to anyone with a double-leg in his arsenal. That said, I don't give two ****s about the UFC's bankroll, so why not, I say give him 500K a fight. There's a ****load of fights I'd like to see Diaz in.

Mostly, I'd still love to see him rematch Lawler. I think Robbie knocks him the **** out. This Lawler is a totally different beast than the one that fought Nick the first time while Nick is exactly the same, just a tad bigger.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 9:35 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

04.10.2014 | 9:47 AM ET

At this point I think Hendricks is the only guy that's completely out of his league right now. Lombard and Woodley being the next two hardest fights in my opinion. As wicked as Woodley has looked lately I think Diaz would beat him, I'd love to see him fight any top ten guy that's not Johnny Hendricks right now.

However, if he did put a couple wins together and make it to a title fight, and then if Johnny wanted to be crazy and fight Nick like he fought Robbie then I think Diaz can win the fight. But if Hendricks wanted to use his wrestling I'm sure he can take Nick down at will and win probably every round, but he might just be reckless enough to just stand and box with him.

Anyways, I hope they pay him his half a mil... I'd love to see him back.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

04.10.2014 | 9:50 AM ET

Diaz would only beat Woodley if Woodley didn't wrestle him. As long as anyone in the top ten doesn't stand in front of Diaz and trade shots with him, they will beat him.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 9:50 AM ET *

ED209
ED209

04.10.2014 | 9:51 AM ET

I think you are highly under rating Diaz.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

04.10.2014 | 9:53 AM ET

Personally I am a fan of what the Brothers Diaz offer to the fight game and I respect thier craft, I mean Diaz vs Daley is one of my favorite fights. But in reguards to the fight game he has become a non factor due to his in activity in my book. But seriously all he needs is one good fight with someone to get him back into the mix.

I would love to see him rematch either Condit or Lawler. Either of those fights I would be happy with.

Or even Maia, if they desided to grapple it would be something great. Cause Diaz can be offensive when he needs to and take risks. I like the match in that.

I hope we can see him fight soon, but he would have to start at the end of the line like everyone else, after back to back title shots (I include the interim title).

A big shout out to fish for never drowning, my boy Gilbert Melendez, Pineapples, and Stockton 209 WHAT!!!

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

04.10.2014 | 9:57 AM ET

There are not a lot of big draws left so I agree with a lot of you, just pay the man so we can see him fight.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

04.10.2014 | 9:59 AM ET

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Diaz box the **** out of someone, but it's common knowledge that he's always struggled with strong wrestlers. The 170 lb division has some really tough wrestlers in it.
ED209
ED209

04.10.2014 | 10:04 AM ET

I don't think he is completely unable to stifle any wrestlers though. I mean look at Woodley's fights with Mein and Daley. That was Daley's fight to win if he would have just fought a little more intelligently. And even he stuffed a bunch of takedown attempts. Nick looked completely defenseless agains GSP's double legs but so have a bunch of actual wrestlers too. That being said I do think the 3 guys I listed can simply out grapple him to a decision. I still think he's a top guy and beating him standing is a little more difficult than just using a bit of foot work.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Rasheh
Rasheh
  • Predictions:  3,410  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 300

04.10.2014 | 11:09 AM ET

I would be interested to see how much Carrano gets for that freakshow match wih Ronda. Ronda on Americal Idol? Give me a ******* break. Who wants to see that ****. 

If you can pay Carrano a top dollar why not Nick? 

"It's 30 minutes away i'll be there in 10."

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

04.10.2014 | 12:00 PM ET

The ufc doesn't pay their fighters nearly as much as they deserve, but i'm sure this is common knowledge.  Saying that, win or lose Nick Diaz knows how to sell a ******* fight.  Between him and chael, nobody talks better smack in the ufc.  But sadly, it doesn't matter what we think he's worth, uncle Dana is most likely not going to give him 500k to show, hell i don't think Dana would give him 250k to show/250k to win.  With his attitude towards the ufc in the past and him no showing events, even though i fully believe he's matured a little more since then and wouldn't pull the same ****. This is why one dominate organization isn't healthy for the sport in the long run.  Good fighters get stuck fighting for pennies, and when they ask for more, or there deemed to expensive they get cut.   Finally were starting to get orgs with significant financial backing like bellator and WSOF that are willing to pay good money to good fighters.  Nick Diaz should shop around, who knows Bellator or WSOF might give him a deal he likes.

ps.  YUSHIN OKAMI IS SO WORTH THE ******* 40K/40K  THE UFC WAS JUST SO BUTT HURT THAT HE BEAT LOMBARD WHO THEY PAID ******* 300K FOR. 

Welterweight Lombard is worth the 300k though

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 12:01 PM ET *

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Nomad
Nomad

04.10.2014 | 1:20 PM ET

If the rules weren't so terrible Nick would win decisions and score.submissions over a lot of.these."wrestlers" he cannot beat.

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

04.10.2014 | 1:56 PM ET

he would only be worth 500k for a fight or two. People would lose interest in watching him lose and only to whine after.

It happened after the GSP fight, and if it had happened again a few months later, no one would be talking about him now. It was good for him that he layed low for a while, that helped people forget the loss/whine and start building interest again. But give him a couple more straight losses and he'll be cut instantly. No way the UFC would continue to pay him 500k cause by that time people will have grown tired of his antics.
Talking will get you far but you have to back it up eventually or bust.

"@AndySalasMMA"

AndyChildress
AndyChildress
  • Predictions:  3,990  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  128
  • Post Score: 188

04.10.2014 | 2:21 PM ET

I read an interesting post from a writer on twitter (can't remember who).  He basically said that if Nick brought in an additional 50k ppv buys, then he is actually worth 1.25 million.

Take that for a grain of salt because I am not exactly sure how much of the PPV revenue Zuffa keeps vs Cable companies and pts going to the fighters, but if Nick wants $500k, he should try to negotiate PPV pts into his contract (if he doesn't have that already).  Additional buys means more money for all parties.
ED209
ED209

04.10.2014 | 2:25 PM ET

Personally, I only buy a few ppvs a year. Luckily my neighbour buys most of them, or i just stream when I don't feel like hanging out. But I will always pay for a Diaz ppv, or a Rousey and used to buy all Anderson Silva ones. But I make it a point to support only the ones with my favourite fighters.

Not that I'm against supporting other cards but I just can't afford to buy every one so I just wait for the fighters that I really want to succeed before whipping out the credit card.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 2:29 PM ET *

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: ‘Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? ‘I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'