Topic: Weidman vs. Machida

Weidman vs. Machida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

04.04.2014 | 2:43 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Weidman vs. Machida. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.04.2014 | 10:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@mikeyg "We all know Machida owned Davis, and that was a high level collegiate wrestler at 205."

I don't think you know how MMA works?

"الله أكبرl"

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

07.04.2014 | 10:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Machida   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Nighty nighty the Chris thank god I respect chris I think he's good I thinks he's elite but he's not the best and I'm sick of hearing how great and unstoppable he is it's a little overboard 

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

07.04.2014 | 10:15 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Machida   wrong Decision  

Says the guy whos screen name is "bispingthebest"......

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

07.04.2014 | 10:25 PM ET

Comparing their last fights

Weidman:
Munoz- Dominated
Anderson- Silva clowned, Weidman didn't show true skill
Anderson 2- Dominated until an unlucky maybe accidental(or not) leg kick.

Machida:
Davis-Stupid judges
Munoz- Yet another Munoz domination
Moose- Technically sound

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.04.2014 | 10:40 PM ET

@Anik, Look guy, it's just my opinion based on inference (not 100% fact) that if Lyoto can stuff takedowns of high level 205ers he can stuff the takedowns of 185ers. Instead of making an ad hominem to rile up the mouth-breathers with a cheap point, make an actual argument. Did I say my opinion was set in stone? No, it's just opinion. I don't question your whole knowledge of MMA if you make stupid posts or with your amazing 62.6% ratio based on one opinion of how Lyoto deals with takedowns.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 15 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

07.04.2014 | 10:43 PM ET

If you want, we could argue how much weight classes really matter when it comes to takedowns if you like, I can't imagine why at the moment, but feel free.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 15 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

07.04.2014 | 10:43 PM ET

Pseudo Intellectuals are the worst....Am I right?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

mikeyg
mikeyg

07.04.2014 | 10:44 PM ET

Is that your boyfriend in your avatar Nomad? did you get him a diamond yet?
mikeyg
mikeyg

07.04.2014 | 10:45 PM ET

Still butthurt about being called of pseudo-intellect eh Nomad, so explosive and athletic.
Bing
Bing
  • Predictions:  78  |  79.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

07.04.2014 | 10:46 PM ET

Cherry Picker please! you need to be in at least the 70% range to be a legit cherry picker not 66

"Cherry Picking since 2014"

mikeyg
mikeyg

07.04.2014 | 10:56 PM ET

Nomad's right up there at 68 bing, and how is 2000+ picks cherry-picking anyway, I don't pick fights from cards of no names and fighters you can't research, that would be Anik territory crazy.
Bing
Bing
  • Predictions:  78  |  79.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

07.04.2014 | 10:59 PM ET

sorry , did'nt know Bellator 119 only had 6 fights . must have been over quick.....

"Cherry Picking since 2014"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.04.2014 | 11:01 PM ET

Looks like someone's a little sensitive. I don't think I included any form of ad-hominem in my post, I don't know what you're talking about. I'll even break it down for you:

"We all know Machida owned Davis, and that was a high level collegiate wrestler at 205."

I think the first thing we need to identify is the use of the word 'owned'. You see, in MMA the guy with the win is normally the guy who did the 'owning' of the other.

Also in MMA, high level wrestler doesn't necessarily mean a good MMA wrestler because in MMA there is more than one discipline involved, hence why MMA stands for 'mixed martial arts'. In Davis' fight against Machida, he did not 'mix' his 'martial arts' by resorting to takedowns at every chance because of his nonthreatening striking. By not doing so, Machida was able to telegraph his shots more and thus had more success. Weidman's striking is leagues above Davis', so Machida will not be able to telegraph them at the same rate.

My statement questioning whether you knew what MMA meant was not an attack on you, it was a genuine question.

I apologize though, I won't try to question you again. I mean from your replies to me and Nomad it seems like you're the type of guy that uses women's deodorant; reaaaaal sensitive.

Now that my friend was, ad-hominem...you stupid ****.

* Edited at 07.04.2014, 11:01 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,195  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

07.04.2014 | 11:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   correct Decision  

Fun little Fact

Blackadder has 87 Event wins
MikeyG has 0

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

07.04.2014 | 11:50 PM ET

Fun little fact:

Anik is explosive and athletic
Mikeyg....is white

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

MMA_PockWar
MMA_PockWar
  • Predictions:  1,076  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 37

07.05.2014 | 1:19 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   correct Decision  

Barring spectacular knockout from Machida, I think Weidman neutralizes Machida's style enough to earn decision. Expect a few takedowns and dominant positions from Weidman if fleeting.

"Nobody Out-alphas me."

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

07.05.2014 | 10:41 AM ET

@MikeyG

Machida definitely didn't own Davis. I thought Machida won the fight for sure but it was absolutely a close fight and could have been scored either way, especially with stuffing take downs being removed from scoring. Weidman also beat Davis (and Bader) in wrestling in college.

I think Machida will win, but think it is a very close fight that can go either way. I wonder what Team Serra-Longo have seen that makes them so confident though. Have they noticed something no one else has? They all seem very sure that they will be able to finish Machida. **** I can't wait.
bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

07.05.2014 | 11:37 AM ET

I wonder if machida does knockout Weidman do they give the Chris an immediate rematch I mean he's one of there biggest stars right now

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

07.05.2014 | 12:32 PM ET

Well, was Chris Weidmann defending champion for six years? Then they probably won't. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

mikeyg
mikeyg

07.05.2014 | 4:37 PM ET

@Anik, "I don't think you know how MMA works" 

That's not an ad hominem? I don't think you know how logic works.

"I think the first thing we need to identify is the use of the word 'owned'"

I'm glad you can recognize hyperbole, but if you don't agree Machida out-classed Davis or thought it was at least close, then it's you who doesn't know MMA, like those judges who were probably texting during the fight.

"You see, in MMA the guy with the win is normally the guy who did the 'owning' of the other."

So you thought Davis won then? what are you trying to say exactly if that's not what you're saying. I can give plenty of counter examples, First fight of Machida vs Shogun, Diego vs anyone lately, need I go on? the person who wins is normally the guy who did the owning? umm, that was not a normal case, the judges were ******* wrong you moron.

"Also in MMA, high level wrestler doesn't necessarily mean a good MMA wrestler"

Straw man, I never said it was necessarily the determining factor of good MMA wrestling, just that Machida being able to stuff high level wrestlers at 205 was a positive factor for him and I even clarified for your dumb ass in my last post that it was inference not 100% fact what I said about Machida owning Davis and him being able to stuff high level 205ers. I'm sorry you conflated the two ideas together like a dip**** instead of just asking me to elaborate in the beginning like a normal person, but there you go, now it's all cleared up for you.

"In Davis' fight against Machida, he did not 'mix' his 'martial arts' by resorting to takedowns at every chance because of his nonthreatening striking. By not doing so, Machida was able to telegraph his shots more and thus had more success"

Does all the credit of Machida's takedown defense due to his opponents having ****** striking? or just the Davis fight? Didn't Davis land some of his takedowns? doesn't that show credit to Davis' wrestling then? Rashad is another wrestler who did the same type of gameplan against Machida, took one discipline and tried to roll with it. Good luck trying to take Machida down with his movement and speed, that was more of a reason why neither of them were successful other than K-1 Rashad out there. Machida has shown actual takedown defense outside those two fights would you not agree? and I would agree Weidman has better striking than Davis but I don't think it's good enough to hang on the feet with Machida so it may indeed look a lot like the Davis fight.

"My statement questioning whether you knew what MMA meant was not an attack on you, it was a genuine question"

Look at that backtracking, an obvious ad hominem was just a condescending question the whole time lol. Stupid "question" from a stupid person, so I forgive you, for you know not what you say.

"I mean from your replies to me and Nomad it seems like you're the type of guy that uses women's deodorant; reaaaaal sensitive."

Nomad is still butthurt about being called a pseudo-intellectual about a year ago, you guys started talking **** but I'm the sensitive one AAHHHAHAHAHA just responding to you negatively makes me sensitive, I guess I should stroke your large ego, and if you can't laugh at me poking fun at his 99% naked male avatar and his predictable explosive and athletic posts then you can stick your head in your stuck-up ass. And if you got upset that I thought Machida owned Davis and that weight classes matter when it comes to takedowns by questioning if I know about MMA, then it's actually you that sounds like the sensitive ****wit ;) I'm laughing this whole time bud, I never even really had a problem with you before this, meanwhile you're sitting there with butthurtitis. 

Here's the thing though sweetheart, You never ******* addressed any of the actual points of my last post, you seemed to ignore it. Does it not matter that guys at 205 had a hard time trying to take Machida down? why does that not correlate down to 185? just because it's Weidman he's fighting? well, maybe, Weidman is a beast. But really, are we going to just say that weight classes are ******** and we don't take that into consideration for fights.. no thanks, you can go ahead and defend the judges "normally giving it to the winner" who does the "dominating" and that's who dominates, but you just look like a tool saying it. I'll say it again, if you thought Davis won or that it was some close fight, you're a dip**** who should probably get a vasectomy.

Have a nice day, don't reproduce.

* Edited at 07.05.2014, 4:42 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat