Tapology Forums

Is the UFC screwing Nate Diaz?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.31.2014 | 2:33 PM ET

Nate Diaz was making $50K per fight to show with another $50K to win, when he fought Benson Henderson.

Then the UFC dropped him down to $15K per fight to show and another $15K to win.

That means, even if he wins his fights, he receives $70K less per fight.

What should Nate do?  Should he simply fight his best and when his contract runs out, demand his salary be restored to his former $50K or not sign?  That is what I would recommend if I were his manager or agent.

Here is some background a to how and why he got his salary cut.  

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/17/4337546/morning-report-ufc-dana-white-nate-diaz-suspended-cut-fined-bryan-caraway-pay-healy

Nate's manager, Mike Kogan said, "Cause I suck as a manager."

Is the UFC taking unfair advantage of Nate?  Is Nate being screwed financially by the UFC?

If you think he is, up-vote this post.  If you think Nate is not being taken advantage of, down-vote this post.

* Edited at 03.31.2014, 2:54 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 4

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.10.2014 | 3:21 AM ET

Aaaaaand the series is complete, a bit of the same from his brother.

Dana: "I tried to make Nick and Lombard," White said. "Nick and I talked, and I haven't heard back from him, he went MIA."

"I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight Johny Hendricks," he said. "All I said was, What am I getting paid? And he said, Let me check your contract. And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for. I didn't consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn't say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I'm not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There's no way." -- Sure thing buddy.

"I'm retired. Completely retired. Unless the UFC wants to renegotiate for something I'm happy with or I'm going to be fighting for the world title, which is obviously going to be for something I'm happy with because I'll make a ton of money." -- How about he says thank you he managed to talk himself into one freebee (for which he later in the article implies he made a million dollars for - which he explains is the reason he's willing to fight Hendricks without negotiating a new deal) and work his way up to that title shot like everybody else.

"The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal." -- Well, they already did work out a deal with him which he signed, how about honor that deal he already has and THEN they work a new deal ... or not.

Other than that, on the lines of his last interview, it's actually quite a deep and interesting interview. Worth the read.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 3:21 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.10.2014 | 3:24 AM ET

And by the way, my 2 cents are that the minute he runs out of money (which he will) he's going to fight who they tell him for however much his contract says. What else is he going to do? Teach maths?

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Rasheh
Rasheh
  • Predictions:  3,410  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 300

04.10.2014 | 11:22 AM ET

I think if this ******** goes a little bit longer UFC shut release him so Nate can go somewhere else.
Bellator would easily pay him what he want und unlike his semiretired brother he really wants to continue fighting. I hate this contract wars I just wanna se Diaz fliping some birds again. 

"It's 30 minutes away i'll be there in 10."

AndyChildress
AndyChildress
  • Predictions:  3,990  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  128
  • Post Score: 188

04.10.2014 | 2:24 PM ET

Diaz needs to fight and show he deserves more.  1-2 in last 3 isn't setting the world on fire
haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

04.10.2014 | 4:36 PM ET

I think that any fighter who in the ring and sign paper and lawyer get something to 

"i like mma and the tapology"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son