Topic: University of MMA

University of MMA: Fight Night 5 Results

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,425  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

02.09.2014 | 9:33 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   12th Place

The action so far:

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 2 hrs

Desert Karate's Michael Woods set to face Cruz Martinez of the House of Champions. Excitement building in Club Nokia!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 1 hr

Martinez makes a splash in his debut with an armbar in round one. Mark Parra looks like a proud coach!

Fight 2 already upon us as Mike Martinez and Javier Garcia prepare for battle!

Garcia bests Martinez in an absolute brawl. Both fighters were intent on standing up and putting on a show for the @clubnokia crowd!

Team Quest's Jordan Taylor will face Nick Miller for our third fight of the night!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 46 mins

Taylor the unanimous victor! His first words after the decision: "I'm so tired." Pretty much sums-up that grueling battle!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 45 mins

Logan Semper coming to the cage!! Ronnie Mugica about to be introduced.

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 36 mins

Mugica was wild but effective in his striking, battering Semper throughout round one en route to his first career victory!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 33 mins

Demar George of Dream Killer Fight team will look to be a nightmare for Han Lee in fight 5!!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 29 mins

George dominates from the opening bell and TKO's Lee in round one! The show goes on!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 24 mins

Daniel Vasquez of Systems Training Center will fight Hugo Aranda Aranda of the House of Champions. Two respected schools represented here.

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 6 mins

Aranda represents House of Champions en route to his second victory in as many months. Mark Parra's smile is getting a little broader....

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 1 min

Adrian Chavez-Garcia dances around the cage as A.J. Bryant comes out to Skrilkex's "Bangarang."

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 3 mins

It's Bryant by round one TKO. His post-fight victory cry was ABSOLUTELY savage!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 19 mins

Marcos Lopez is fighting...Michael Jackson!? This one should be a thriller. #NoPunIntended #tooeasy

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 1 min

Michael Jackson couldn't help but beat it against Lopez. Okay We'll stop. #probablynot #whataname

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 31 secs

Team Quest's Jacob Wasano looks calm and confident as Shohei Yamomoto receives rousing support from @clubnokia #FightNight5

...and during the short break, some familiar faces backstage:

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

University of MMA
Bout   Info
Derion Chapman   defeats   AJ Lavarias   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Roman Todorovich   defeats   Jarett Conner   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Ozzy Diaz   defeats   Samuelray Barrera   via Submission, Choke   2:05 Round 2 of 3, 5:05 Total Bout Page
Marina Shafir   defeats   Nicole Upshaw   via Submission, Armbar   1:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Shohei Yamamoto   defeats   Jacob Wasano   via KO/TKO   1:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michael Jackson   defeats   Marcos Lopez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
A.J. Bryant   defeats   Adrian Chavez-Garcia   via KO/TKO   1:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hugo Aranda   defeats   Daniel Vazquez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Demar George   defeats   Han Lee   via KO/TKO   0:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ronnie Mugica Jr.   defeats   Logan Semper   via KO/TKO   1:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jordan Taylor   defeats   Nick Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Javier Garcia   defeats   Mike Martinez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Cruz Martinez   defeats   Michael Woods   via Submission, Armbar   0:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

02.09.2014 | 9:51 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 52nd

The U of MMA‏@UofMMA52 secs

Shafir lives up to the fight and then some! Victory by round one armbar!!! #fightnight

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

joe kerr
joe kerr

02.09.2014 | 9:51 PM ET

Continuing:

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 22 secs

That fight went one round, but WOW! Two explosive fighters put on a show! Or should I say a "shohei?" Okay officially done. Shohei by TKO!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 2 mins

Here it is: Upshaw v. Shafir! A lot of excitement for this bout! #girlpower

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 58 secs

Shafir lives up to the fight and then some! Victory by round one armbar!!! #fightnight

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

joe kerr
joe kerr

02.09.2014 | 11:18 PM ET

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 37 secs

Diaz's heavy hands present the opening for a decisive choke-hold in round 2!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 2 mins

And now the fight we've all been waiting for. U of MMA welterweight champ Jarrett "Real Talk" Conner vs. Roman Todirovich!!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 36 mins

Todorovich wins by decision! Gives all the credit to his coaches and teammates. True grace from the new champion. #FightNight5

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 29 mins

The final fight is here. AJ Lavarias vs. Derion Chapman for the lightweight championship!

The U of MMA ‏@UofMMA 5 mins

Inspiring ending to the show. Both men put in unbelievable effort. But in the end, Chapman is the unanimous winner! #fightnight5

joe kerr
joe kerr

02.09.2014 | 11:24 PM ET

All right, apparently that's the end of the show according to Twitter. I entered whatever they had, but still a lot of details left.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.10.2014 | 9:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   38th Place

Every time I start thinking I'm getting good at this picking MMA fights thing something like this happens and puts me back in place:

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

JeremyBrigham81
JeremyBrigham81
  • Predictions:  25,137  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 248

02.10.2014 | 11:17 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   49th Place

Better than mine was Yoss

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout
  • MMA Mania : Hughes Debut Set For Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal rips Jake Paul for MMA callout: ‘You can’t even box, now all of a sudden you’re doing f*cking MMA?’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev says he has the key for an 'easy fight' vs. Dustin Poirier: 'It's worst style for this guy'
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Francis Ngannou's 15-month-old son dies; ex-UFC champ expresses heartbreak on social media
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Great opportunity to make a name for myself’: Munguia looks forward to showdown with Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Great opportunity to make a name for myself’: Jaime Munguia looks forward to showdown with Canelo
  • MMA Mania : Ngannou Issues Statement After Son Passes
  • MMAFighting.com : Francis Ngannou tragically loses 15-month-old son, MMA world mourns
  • MMAFighting.com : Francis Ngannou tragically loses 18-month-old son, MMA world mourns