Tapology Forums

Overeem interview

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

07.20.2011 | 12:42 PM ET

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/20/alistair-overeem-explains-why-he-was-removed-from-strikeforce-gp/

Kind of interesting, after reading it, I'm even more disappointed about Reem pulling out. Seems a little bogus to me.

"Frig off, bud"

Responses

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.20.2011 | 12:48 PM ET

Excuses, excuses. He's scared.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

07.20.2011 | 12:52 PM ET

Yeah, it really seems like he was looking for an excuse.
krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

07.20.2011 | 2:25 PM ET

i don't blame alistair really, if you remember the gp was suppose to finish the first round back in april but it kept getting postoponed and didn't end up happening till mid june. he said if after the werdum fight they told him he'd be fighting in september then he would have been ready. but they told him october, and then just changed the date. strikeforce is pretty irrresponsible when it comes to setting a date for there events and this really isn't the first time.

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

07.20.2011 | 3:20 PM ET

It sounds more like a Showtime thing than a Zuffa thing to me. Showtime wouldn't change the date and SF had no option otherwise.... which prompts overeem not being cut or scolded by SF or Zuffa..... If anythign it gives Dana White another reason to hate showtime and tell them to **** OFF once their contract with SF ends....
krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

07.20.2011 | 3:47 PM ET

i don't disagree, but on the other hand i do agree with alistair that the ufc has a bunch of events in october and they most likely don't want the strikeforce gp in the middle of all that. also the first round of the gp was scheduled and rescheduled when they were trying to figure out where to have it, so it would seem to make sense they could postpone it for the biggest draw in it to be ready.....

but as i said in another thread, this really kinda works out best it never realy made sense to me to have the strikeforce gp with the strikeforce champion in the tournament without the belt being on the line.

now the winner of the tournament and can fight the champ, that makes a lot more sense imo

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.20.2011 | 4:09 PM ET

@bklette, you've knocked the nail on the head there.

"I Get Better."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

07.20.2011 | 4:34 PM ET

Yep... I agree.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier adds short-notice debutant Mitch Raposo