Tapology Forums

Alistair Overeem Wants to Fight a Klitschko!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

07.18.2011 | 12:17 PM ET

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/18/alistair-overeem-wants-to-fight-a-klitschko-if-the-fans-want-i/

What you guys make of this "spectacle"

Personally id love to see it...

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

Responses

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

07.18.2011 | 12:29 PM ET

Overrem would not stand a chance against Klitschko.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

buakaw
buakaw
  • Predictions:  24  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 96

07.18.2011 | 12:32 PM ET

I would love to see this too!! watching overeem in his kickboxing days told me that he has terrible technicle boxing unlike the Klitchkos.  They would esily plow right thru him!!!

"Right leg hospital, Left leg cemetary" - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

07.18.2011 | 12:37 PM ET

agreed.  overeem would get jabbed to death and finished.  it would be just as bad for a klitschko to step into the cage.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

****estar
****estar
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  730
  • Post Score: 245

07.18.2011 | 12:50 PM ET

Agree, Overeem would get destroyed fairly easily, espacially by Wladimir

"Blood alone turns the wheels of history" - Dwight Schrute

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

07.18.2011 | 12:53 PM ET

I understand his desire, but why do athletes want to do this to themselves - how's overeems mentality going to be once he gets smashed within 5 rounds by a klitschko? Personnaly i think he should focus on getting into the UFC so we can really see what he's all about. TBH i think he is ducking the big show right now... but i can't blame him for trying to set up a huge money maker while he can, Lord knows he'll make much more in one boxing match than he ever would in MMA.
macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

07.18.2011 | 12:54 PM ET

either klitschko would demolish him i'd say . but overeem isn't human so u'd never no . doubt it will happen though , he should focus on winnin the grand prix and gettin a fight with the UFC champ . Diaz said he wanted a pro boxing fight nd he ended up fighting for a ufc title.. maybe overeem thinks the same will happen him?

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.18.2011 | 4:55 PM ET

Money, money, money.

"I Get Better."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,720  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.18.2011 | 5:44 PM ET

@jeremy, how do you think the fight would go in a K1 match? I think overeem would use kicks to keep them away and take a lot of power away going to a UD nod for the reem.  Boxing he gets ****d tho.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

07.18.2011 | 7:23 PM ET

yea i think Overeem would get smashed, if he wants to box he should call out someone less experienced

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Colombia's Javier Reyes feels close to reaching UFC dream: 'I'm more than ready to kill it'
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Taps Holloway Next, Then McGregor At Bernabeu
  • MMA Mania : Conor Claims No More Verbal Mac Attacks!
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'll do three this year': Conor McGregor wants active schedule after UFC 303 return
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria targets Max Holloway in September before ‘biggest fight in MMA history’ vs. Conor McGregor
  • Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’