Tapology Forums

Cruz injured again!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.06.2014 | 4:48 PM ET

UFC ‏@ufc 2m

Bantamweight champ @TheDomin8r suffered groin injury & out of #UFC169. @RenanBaraoUFC is the official bantamweight champion. Guess who's in?

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses Page 3

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.06.2014 | 10:31 PM ET

Sucks. Big fan of Cruz as a fighter, analyst and person (from what I've seen of him.)

Hopefully he battles through this thing and does okay for himself. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

01.06.2014 | 10:42 PM ET

this sucks i really wanted to see Cruz vs Barao, but now i can see if Faber can finally get a belt he did a really great job with Micheal so i will really like to see if he can win this fight. As for Cruz have his comeback fight either with Micheal or maybe someone else really close to the title.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

01.06.2014 | 10:56 PM ET

Does this mean that Cruz will get an immediate title shot when he finally gets healthy?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

ninetwothree
ninetwothree
  • Predictions:  2,727  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  310
  • Post Score: 341

01.06.2014 | 11:08 PM ET

I feel bad for Barao, I really hope that the UFC changes those IC victories to actual championship title defences. He definitely deserves it and it would greatly increase the chances of him breaking Silva's title defence record. 
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,095  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

01.07.2014 | 12:12 AM ET

After how long Cruz has been out it will be much better if he gets an easier opponent when he does return. Sucks to see a top fighter's career screwed by injuries like this.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

01.07.2014 | 12:23 AM ET

Facing the best guy in the division after a 2-year layoff could not possibly go well. I honestly think that getting injured again was the best idea Cruz has ever had.

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.07.2014 | 3:11 AM ET

@ninetwothree, IC defenses are already counted as title defenses on the record books. the interim champ is the champ for sake and purpose, that's why I think it's dumb that people scream "make an interim belt" as soon as the champ has been away for 6 months.

IF the champ can't fight for a year, you make an interim belt, which is THE current belt and title defenses are exactly that. If the champ can't fight for two years you strip him.

The numbers are not set in stone, but that's how it usually works.

The interim champion IS the champion. Carlos Condit IS listed in the UFC's WW champions list, etc ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.07.2014 | 9:55 AM ET

Not again!  My heart breaks for Cruz.  He's such a great guy.  But stripping him of the belt had to be done.

Wishing him a quick recovery and return to action.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,422  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

01.07.2014 | 10:46 AM ET

When cruz is healthy to fight he needs to be a last minute replacement for an injurged fighter cause he will never make it thru a camp.
mmafan2013
mmafan2013
  • Predictions:  106  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: -220

01.07.2014 | 3:00 PM ET

lol the dodger cruz

"Element Knows"

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

01.07.2014 | 9:13 PM ET

yeah right, the main thing he's "dodging" is a paycheque.  Fighting is how he makes money.  I am sure that this is a difficult time for him.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • MMAFighting.com : Muhammad Mokaev faces Manel Kape at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Mokaev Vs. Kape In The Works For UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO Group Holdings suffered net loss of $249.5 million in 2024 first quarter largely due to UFC antitrust settlement