Topic: Hendricks vs. Lawler

Hendricks vs. Lawler

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2013 | 2:53 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Lawler. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 6

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

03.05.2014 | 4:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Condit is a tough test for Woodley and Lombard is a few fights away from a title shot. So for the near future, I don't think they'll have to make a decision regarding that.

Sometimes if you just wait and see, things work themselves out.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.06.2014 | 3:45 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Lombard is one fight away if he knocks Shields out. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.06.2014 | 3:52 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Hopefully he's strong enough to not let Shields control him ... I don't think he is though ... I think this has Shields UD written all over it ... maybe even sub if Shields actually goes for one instead of safely coasting.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.06.2014 | 9:37 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Johny could probably beat Robbie relatively easily if he went back to his wrestling.  But something tells me that Johny wants to send Robbie and the world a message, that he's the baddest striker in MMA.

So, I think Johny will keep it on their feet and that will give Robbie a 50/50 chance of winning.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,783
  • Post Score: 273

03.09.2014 | 9:53 PM ET

There is something about Lawler's resurgence in the UFC, the way he is talking in those previews and how calm and confident he sounds. I think Lawler can take this fight, he should be able to stop most take downs if not get back to his feet and out strike Hendricks. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.10.2014 | 2:27 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Once again I disagree with Bill Burgers. Knowing Lawler's history, one can deduce that you can and should take him down. Especially with Johny's pedigree, and Lawler's style, unless Johny just has ****** fight IQ I see no reason he doesn't go for that takedown in the 1st round. Round 1 is Lawler's round to win this fight. His TDD will be at it's sharpest, but the farther it goes you gotta favor Johny and being able to muscle around GSP, you gotta favor him here. Based on that alone Johny will probably win but I love this fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold

03.10.2014 | 2:48 AM ET

I agree with Mikey here ... Robbie may have solid TDD and may stuff a lot of guys, but Johny ain't a lot of guys, his wrestling in on another level ... after seeing the GSP/Kos fights (Kos had similar pedigree, though not AS good as Hendricks, but not far off) and seeing as GSP was by far the better MMA-grappler, I never in a million years thought Johny would look so much the better wrestler than who I considered to be the best wrestler in MMA before the fight. NCAA champ or not, wrestling in MMA is a different story, different distance control, footwork, strikes to worry about, but it seems Johny has managed to put them both together perfectly.

Plus, Robbie does indeed seem calm, but so does Johny ... he's got so much confidence it's ******* scary and he's a very intelligent guy.

Also, Johny's got a beard. Thick beard = Better chin ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,294  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.10.2014 | 3:03 AM ET

keep switching my pick on this one love both guys hate to go against one of them . i think robbie will catch hendricks in the later rounds tho . Hendricks only has that ko power for the first round or 2 then he gets so sloppy that's when robbie will find his opening then BOOM ko time .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

yossgold
yossgold

03.10.2014 | 3:21 AM ET

I'm sticking with Johny, but personally don't want either of them to lose :)

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.10.2014 | 7:01 AM ET

I don't think Johny is going to exchange with Lawler much, he may get one off here or there but he'll push Lawler against the cage or shoot off most of his significant strikes. Hendricks is sloppy, I mean he keeps guys on their heals because he has good handspeed, huge power and amazing takedowns. Hoa cardio and chin are battle tested too but his strikes are sloppy, he.leaps in a lot of the time with reckless abandonment and has no real diversity in strikes or ranges that he can fight from. Lawler has.formidable takedown defense look at the Tim Kennedy or Koscheck fights but I think Johny constantly.mixes it up, clinch, takedowns, punches, pressing him against the cage to take an ugly, not too exciting decision.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

TheReddyHoodie
TheReddyHoodie
  • Predictions:  285  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 88

03.10.2014 | 6:51 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Hendricks will go for the kill early and will walk away champion like he should have a few months ago.
bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

03.10.2014 | 7:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct Decision  

I think this will be an amazing fight with Hendricks finally winning the title via decision.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

03.11.2014 | 8:41 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler. That just sounds wierd. 

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

03.11.2014 | 12:22 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

not that i dislike hendricks or anything but robbie is just a durable hard hitting guy that ive been a fan of for a long time and i think he could pull off the upset here. Hendricks would likely win more often than not against robbie but im hoping for robbie here.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

03.11.2014 | 1:53 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lawler   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I think Lawler looks great, I'm expecting him to come out and look his best. Unfortunately I think Hendricks just looks better. I wanted to pick Lawler but the Hendricks in that last fight was top tier.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

sancho509
sancho509
  • Predictions:  1,726  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: -22

03.11.2014 | 10:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct Decision  

I love this fight but Im afraid of only one thing, a boring fight...
Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

03.12.2014 | 12:44 AM ET

No chance this is a boring fight.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.12.2014 | 12:44 AM ET

I don't think you really need to worry about that man.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

kdev
kdev
  • Predictions:  609  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: -12

03.12.2014 | 6:15 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong  

Lawler I don't think can deal with the power punches of Johny Hendricks.
ewest97
ewest97
  • Predictions:  6  |  33.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

03.12.2014 | 10:52 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

i really like lawler too but there fighting in tx.

"Theres no elevator to succes you gotta take the stairs!"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Jon Jones falls out of top 5
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of Benavidez?’: Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Daniel Cormier loves Jon Jones’ ‘smart’ call for Alex Pereira: ‘It’s much less risky’ than Tom Aspinall
  • Jits Magazine : Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Tour – Abu Dhabi 2024 Full Preview
  • MMA Mania : Saint Denis Vs. Tsarukyan ‘Would Be Perfect’
  • Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts