Topic: Cerrone vs. Oliveira

Cerrone vs. Oliveira Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

07.10.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Cerrone vs. Oliveira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

08.13.2011 | 12:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Cerrone destroys Oliveira on his feet and negates his BJJ for the KO/TKO victory

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.14.2011 | 10:50 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

One of my fav fighters.. C'mon Cowboy!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

08.14.2011 | 12:05 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong Decision  

Cerrone's craftiness gets him the upset win.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

Twinny
Twinny
  • Predictions:  54  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 50

08.14.2011 | 1:52 PM ET

If Cerrone can keep this standing, he has this.

"The reality is drugs are very, very dangerous. Luckily, drugs allow you to escape reality and thus danger."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

08.14.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

From ESPN MMA article "News and notes from around the Octagon"

"Don’t expect Donald Cerrone to come out with a unique, well-tailored game plan for opponent Oliveira this Sunday. After both guys accepted this fight as short-notice injury replacements, Cerrone admitted Friday he hasn’t watched any tape on Oliveira. In fact, Cerrone said he never watches film on his opponents. Citing his self-described “busy life” running the ranch he recently bought in the Albuquerque area, Cerrone said he prefers to focus on his own talents and leaves the meticulous tedium of stop, fast-forward, rewind to his coaches at Greg Jackson’s MMA."

“I don’t watch any footage on the people [I’m going to fight]. I just don’t care,” Cerrone said. “I know [Oliveira is] 14-1. I don’t know how he kicks, how he throws, I don’t know anything about him … Zero interest. My game plan is just to go out there and let it go, do what I do and I’m not worried about what he’s going to do.”

.....Erm...Gulp?

* Edited at 08.14.2011, 2:29 PM ET *

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

08.14.2011 | 2:29 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Decision  

It's not too late to switch!

"We Are All One"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

08.14.2011 | 2:31 PM ET

Eh still think Cerrone can win this. But yikes his gameplan is...risky as hell that's for sure.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

minotauro11
minotauro11

08.14.2011 | 2:44 PM ET

Oliveira is probably the last person that you want to fight without a gameplan. He's so diverse and unpredictable.

"We Are All One"

Digler
Digler
  • Predictions:  78  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 149

08.14.2011 | 2:46 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Was leaning towards Cerrone earlier but changed my mind.  I believe Oliveira will prove a tougher customer than some might think.  Nothing to do with likes or dislikes as these things do not factor into picks for me.  I think Cerrone has faltered against better fighters and "Do Bronx" has looked pretty good except for his loss against Miller.
Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

08.14.2011 | 2:50 PM ET

Jackson comes up with his gameplans, so he really doesn't have to watch film. He just has to go in and do what Jackson says. As long as he doesn't get caught in a sub I don't see him losing this fight, I think his striking and wrestling are better. I also think it's just as likely Oliveira gets caught in a sub if he takes Cerrone down.

Either way, this is the fight I'm looking forward to the most, I'm gonna be shaking when these guys are walking out.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,570
  • Post Score: 275

08.14.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

I hope Cerrone is exaggerating.  I can't imagine you could go through a full training camp with all the coaches at Jackson's, and not be working on some type of game plan based on your opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe Cerrone just thinks it sounds kind of cool and rebellious to say he doesn't care or even know anything about his opponent. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

08.14.2011 | 3:54 PM ET

I think you're right Greg, I think he's just trying to come off as some sort of cowboy or something

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,570
  • Post Score: 275

08.14.2011 | 4:01 PM ET

I am so frickin pumped up for this fight.  By far more than any other fight on this card.

"I live, I die, I live again."

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

08.14.2011 | 4:08 PM ET

@gregory, I like that 1st picture of Oliveira for some reason

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

08.14.2011 | 4:17 PM ET

Should be a great back and forth scrap!!! Cerrone looked really big at weigh ins.

"Frig off, bud"

minotauro11
minotauro11

08.14.2011 | 4:22 PM ET

The cerrone pic is much less intimidating.

And you should always watch your opponent's fights. I'll bet he was just trying to be rebellious like Greg suggested, because you can't know what's coming from a description. You need to see it, and try to learn your opponent's nuances and stuff. 

"We Are All One"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

08.14.2011 | 4:24 PM ET

I'm sure he's watched Olivera's fights. Even if he's just watching to be a fan of MMA. Olivera's fights are entertaining.

"Frig off, bud"

giosanti
giosanti
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  340
  • Post Score: 131

08.14.2011 | 4:28 PM ET

This is my favorite fight on the card. It's very difficult to pick, so in the end I just went with who I want to win (Nani). Don't think I'll change it now.

"I'm what counts out here. You only exist out here because of me."

MackMacky
MackMacky
  • Predictions:  330  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 215

08.14.2011 | 4:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

cerrone will pick apart oliveira
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

08.14.2011 | 4:37 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I can't believe everyone thinks Cerrone suddenly has stellar TDD. He's not that great a wrestler because Vagner Rocha couldn't get him down. This fight will be a fantastic one, and I see Oliveira winning a close decision, or subbing Cerrone in the second or late in the third. I don't think either guy gets stopped with strikes, I think it comes down to the better grappler here, and I believe that's Oliveira.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Green, Doumbe, Hearn and Salita in studio now
  • MMA Junkie : Abus Magomedov promises more exciting fights after UFC Fight Night 241 dominant decision
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’