Tapology Forums

Matt Hughes Thinks GSP Would Beat Anderson Silva.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.05.2011 | 5:43 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

07.05.2011 | 6:17 PM ET

this may be a first for me, but I agree with everything matt hughes said....its pretty nice to see that someone under the zuffa banner is being straight up about diaz's chances against gsp. when i first heard of gsp/silva i thought gsp would probably win based on his style vs anderson's style. but the more anderson just annihilates people its hard to think he wouldn't be able to do the same to a guy that much smaller than him. its an awesome fight, but i only want to see the fight if gsp wants to take anderson's belt. if it feels like gsp isn't interested and he's just being pushed into the fight then i don't care to see it

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

jerry5
jerry5
  • Predictions:  1,893  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 81

07.05.2011 | 8:44 PM ET

??? Diaz in better shape than GSP? What? I think Diaz has the advantage on the ground. And his boxing is great, so it's pretty close on the feet. I'm excited about the fight.

"The young grow old, our pain and toys get bigger"

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

07.05.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

I'd be saying the same thing about GSP if he beat me twice.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

jeff_manning_
jeff_manning_
  • Predictions:  372  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 133

07.05.2011 | 10:36 PM ET

I was pretty surprised by that too, I would agree with Matt (just because I am a GSP fan), Mike Goldberg however is on crack, all respect to Diaz he has his advantages in the fight and GSP has his, but there is no way Diaz is in as good of shape as GSP or his conditioning is at the same level (nothing against Diaz I know he is one of the hardest working guys out there). GSP training in my eyes is the top in MMA

"Fight with your hands not your face" - Ali

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

07.05.2011 | 10:38 PM ET

I think GSP has what it takes to beat Silva, too.  There's no way that GSP would try and stand with Silva, and I don't see Anderson's take down defense as being enough to stop him. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.06.2011 | 1:05 AM ET

I agree with Hughes. We would see the best GSP we've ever seen. He would have a flawless gameplan as usual and he would outwork Silva before the fight and during it.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

07.06.2011 | 1:09 AM ET

@Body...  you know if you click the "News" section on tapology and find the story ... you can comment!  But GSP's style doesn't match up well w/ Anderson.  TDD would be a must!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.06.2011 | 1:55 AM ET

I'll have to check out the news section. After watching the fights GSP has had lately. I use to think GSP could take Anderson down and fight very smart. Come up with a perfect game plan to defeat Anderson. Now not so much.I changed my mind. I think Anderson would destroy GSP. But I also think if GSP were really safe he could win this fight....
Even though I love them both as fighters. If I had to put money down I'd be putting it on Anderson.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

07.06.2011 | 4:30 AM ET

The argument can go back and forth about who would win between GSP and Anderson Silva, but the only way that we would ever know, is for the fight to actually happen. Silva has the better striking and BJJ, while GSP has the athleticism and wrestling adapted for MMA. The big difference is, all Anderson Silva needs is one shot, and GSP is going to sleep, and with the adversity of Anderson's strikes, I'd say the shot would land at some point in 3 - 5 rounds.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

07.06.2011 | 8:54 AM ET

ahh yes....mma's answer to mayweather vs pacquiao...the great white buffalo....never happen

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Very Confident’ His Grappling Skills Are Better Than Khamzat Chimaev, Reveals Gameplan For ‘Borz’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world is waiting for it’: Usyk’s promoter hopes Fury takes precautions for May 18 showdown
  • UFC.com : Significant Stats | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown rips boxing promoters refusing to follow UFC’s lead: ‘They’re still stuck in the 1990s’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 roundtable: Is Alexandre Pantoja ripe for an upset?
  • MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 pre-event facts: Jose Aldo still holds records after retirement layoff
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Mania : Video: Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Junkie : Video: HyunSung Park out of UFC 302 after accident in gym leads to knee ligament rupture
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria has ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ‘highest-paid athlete in the world’ in 2025
  • MMA Mania : New Owner McGregor ‘Has A Lot Of Say’ In BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Meet BKFC’s Not-Silent Minority Owner
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Benoit Saint Denis And Marc Diakiese Headline The Grappling Main Event
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card, Rumors
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : High-Level Grappling On Display At IBJJF Oklahoma City Open 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks