Tapology Forums

BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar next TUF coaches

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

09.11.2013 | 7:07 PM ET

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani4m

BREAKING: B.J. Penn & Frankie Edgar will coach the 19th season of TUF + then fight each other in a FEATHERWEIGHT bout next April #ufctonight

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses Page 6

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

09.17.2013 | 6:36 PM ET

maybe is my undaying love for BJ ( yes, yes I know how it sounds) but I think he has all the tools he needs to defeat Frankie, imo he doesn´t need another striking, wrestling, grappling coach, he needs Dolce (like amp said) and a good cardio trainer, but he is a lazy as mofo when it comes to training and conditioning and that is what has costed him almost all of his losses imo. I like the fact that he won´t be training in Hawaii, I hope they ride his ass hard in Brazil  so he shows well prepared for his fight, if he does I have no doubt he can defeat Frankie, but knowing Penn that IF is a monumental IF. who knows what the **** will he do. Hell BJ Penn knows what HE needs better than us, and if he doesn´t do that, that would make me question his commitment to win this fight

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.17.2013 | 7:33 PM ET

@legacy, I don't know man ... I think Frankie will be too fast for him ... he's a hard ****** to catch and that can frustrate a guy like BJ ... he's all zippy-inny-outie-uppy-downie, he's like a ******* bouncy ball ... I get gassed after the first round of watching Frankie's fights ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

09.17.2013 | 7:47 PM ET

@Yoss  you are right man, Frankie is too fast for BJ´s boxing but he could use more leg kicks and fight in the clinch, or even try to take Frankie down, who knows, most likely Penn will end up gassing a decision... I mean loosing

Edit @Yoss bro not to put pressure in  you but BAMMA and Cage results are locked.. just saying.

* Edited at 09.17.2013, 7:49 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

yossgold
yossgold

09.17.2013 | 7:53 PM ET

@legacy, lol! Yeah, I just saw them now ... it's 2:50 am here, so I was just contemplating whether I have the energy and concentration level to do them now or tackle it tomorrow morning ... I decided to go with morning, since I don't want to mess **** up :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

09.17.2013 | 7:57 PM ET

lol, it´s cool bro, god forbbid you screw up the tally giving us enough points to defeat the Yamazakis.

yossgold
yossgold

09.17.2013 | 8:21 PM ET

lol!! I don't know man ... if that airport locker I gave you the key too magically got filled with a gym bag full of unmarked 100's I might just throw a couple of "mistakes" in there ... Just make sure you write my name on the bag, because I share the locker with CJ Ross and she's been getting a ****load of "mail" lately :)

* Edited at 09.17.2013, 8:44 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

09.17.2013 | 9:00 PM ET

LOL  got the gym bag but fell short on the 100's 

yossgold
yossgold

09.17.2013 | 9:20 PM ET

Ah, don't worry ... who am I kidding, I'm cheap, a good solid gym bag is enough to buy me, pop it in there :))))

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC's Louisville return features top middleweights vying for title contention
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Video: Eddie Hall Tosses Opponent In The Air Before Scoring KO Win In Bizarre 2v1 Fight, Calls Out Fellow Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski
  • MMA Mania : Video! Emotional Jones Finds Out He’ll Be Sidelined For A Year
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville’s Carlos Prates calls Chael Sonnen ‘dead prey’ in Anderson Silva boxing match
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Ricky Turcios prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! PFL Newcastle Results, Streaming Updates TODAY!
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Jacoby: ‘I’m a huge Alex Pereira fan’ but Anthony Smith is right about him
  • MMA Junkie : Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Boxer suffers spasms after terrifying knockout punch
  • MMA Mania : KO Alert! ‘King’ Walsh Shines With Another Brutal Finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Mirela Vargas plans to ‘smash’ boxing champion Savannah Marshall at PFL Europe 2
  • MMA Junkie : On the Doorstep: 10 fighters who could make UFC with June wins
  • MMA Mania : Video! UFC 303 Promo Drop Confirms McGregor Vs. Chandler Good To Go
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 predictions: Is Jared Cannonier or Nassourdine Imavov our blowout pick in Louisville?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville predictions
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 play-by-play and live results (5 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Louisville Results, Streaming Updates
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira: Live updates and results, 11 pm ET