Tapology Forums

Fights to make following UFC on FOX Sports 1 Shogun vs. Sonnen.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  80,247  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

08.17.2013 | 11:22 PM ET

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua vs. Igor Pokrajac or someone else lower ranked.
Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett/Frank Mir winner
Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell/Brandon Vera loser
Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
Yuri Alcantara vs.Yves Jabouin
Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler
Mike Pyle vs. Thiago Alves
John Howard vs. Yoel Romero
Michael Johnson vs. Edson Barboza
Joe Lauzon vs. Spencer Fisher
Brad Pickett vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Conor McGregor vs. Steven Siler
Max Holloway vs. Nam Phan
Mike Brown vs. Mizuto Hirota
Manvel Gamburyan vs. Diego Brandao
Cole Miller vs. Daniel Pineda
Ovince St. Preux vs. Rafael Calvacante
Cody Donovan vs. Gian VillanteJames Vick vs. Jon Tuck

Cut List: Ramsey Nijem, Uriah Hall (he'll probably stay.)

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Responses Page 2

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,563  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,825
  • Post Score: 180

08.18.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

Saffiedine has the same rankings qualification problem of not having been in the UFC long enough so his ranking not being as high or solid as either Martin or Carlos. Would be a good fight either way but seeing as how he's already on a 6 fight streak, it's time to plan a title run. He needs a legit top 5 win in his next fight and I think he'd be 2nd in line behind only Maia.

And it's not just a streak, it was a very slow progression in terms of quality of opposition for the 1st 3: Chris Cope (2nd TKO), Stephen Thompson (dec), & Luis Ramos (2nd TKO); then a returning TUF veteran followed by a hot young prospect, both of whom he was "supposed" to lose to but KOed in the 2nd rd and finally his 1st top 20 ranked fighter, who he finished the quickest and most impressively. So as his opposition has gotten better, his skills or the way he uses them seems to have improved at an even greater pace.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,265  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

08.18.2013 | 9:04 PM ET

joe lauzon vs. yves edwards or sam stout
MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

08.18.2013 | 9:05 PM ET

If Machida doesn't fight Vitor or Nick Diaz, I'd like to see Shogun/Machida 3
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,563  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,825
  • Post Score: 180

08.18.2013 | 9:14 PM ET

Lauzon/Wiman

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,589  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.19.2013 | 5:47 AM ET

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva - Just for the fun of it and the build-up, Wand will get destroyed.
Shogun Rua vs. Rafael Cavalcante - I wouldn't go all the way down to Pokrajac.
Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett/Frank Mir winner
Alistair Overeem vs. Cormier/Nelson loser
Yuri Alcantara vs.Mike Easton/Scott Jorgensen
Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler - **** YEAH!!!
Mike Pyle vs. Thiago Alves - Love it!!
John Howard vs. Thales Leites - Battle of the second-run fighters who came back with a win.
Joe Lauzon vs. Takanori Gomi - Would be awesome, but I'd hate either of them to lose.
Brad Pickett vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Conor McGregor vs. Nik Lentz/Diego Brandao - Steven Siler??? Let's see how he deals with a good wrestler to complete the picture or just make a sick fight (or at least 1st round before Brandao gasses and Conor destroys him).
Max Holloway vs. Nam Phan - I think Holloway would destroy him, but that's ok with me :)
Mike Brown vs. Mizuto Hirota - Sure, why not.
Diego Brandao vs. Conor McGregor - Manvel Gamburyan??
Cole Miller vs. Daniel Pineda
Ovince St. Preux vs. Anthony Perosh
James Vick vs. Jon Tuck - Sure, why not, if Jon Tuck can actually make it injury free to a fight one day, Vick would most likely **** him up, though ;)
Steven Siler vs. Rani Yahya

Cut List: Ramsey Nijem, Uriah Hall, Cody Donovan

* Edited at 08.19.2013, 7:32 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.19.2013 | 10:10 AM ET

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson II
Travis Browne vs. Mark Hunt
Alistair Overeem vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler
Mike Pyle vs. Thiago Alves
Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez
Brad Pickett vs. Ivan Menjivar
Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver
Max Holloway vs. Nam Phan

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

08.19.2013 | 10:17 AM ET

Overeem/Duffee II

* Edited at 08.19.2013, 10:18 AM ET *

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

2kTweeK
2kTweeK
  • Predictions:  6,520  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,103
  • Post Score: 141

08.19.2013 | 10:54 AM ET

Overeem vs Big Nog December 28th ufc 168!! Nog said he wants to fight somebody on the same card as Anderson
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

08.19.2013 | 11:14 AM ET

I had to take break from forums and social media over the weekend, I was so bummed out for the Shogun loss :(

Shogun - I'd like to see Shogun vs TeHuna or Bader/Glover loser. I think they are all interesting match ups and winnable for all.

Sonnen - I'm not interested in Sonnen-Wand. I'm a huge Wand fan and I know he would get taken down and ****d for 15/25 minutes. If Sonnen goes back to MW I'd like to see him vs Munoz (not sure if they're training partners now) if he beats Bisping or vs Jacare if he beats Okami.

Brown - This guy needs to fight a top 5er, he keeps getting fed these guys that are on a good roll but neither of them a legit top WW, I think it's time for the UFC to give Brown a taste of the top 5... how about Brown vs Maia? He's another one that keeps getting stalled by the UFC by matching him against guys that are out of the top10, it would be interesting to see those two battle it out. Hell, I'd even be up for Brown-Diaz, Diaz chooses to make a return; both in-your-face sluggers with great chins, that would be interesting to see.

Browne - Easy, Barnett/Mir winner or Miocic

Overeem - Struve

McGregor - I like the idea of Dennis Siver but I'd looove to see him vs Poirier, I think that fight would be sick, but if Poirier gets past Koch, he might be a little too high up for Conor.

Faber - McDonald

"@AndySalasMMA"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.19.2013 | 12:57 PM ET

I think it is time for McGregor to have a bigger test. hence at least my top 10 in the division starting with Siver. It will be a great technical Striking battle. and probably fight of the night.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

08.19.2013 | 1:56 PM ET

I think McGregor needs a top 10 but also he needs to gu up the ladder slower than I had tought previously, he needs to improve his ground game particularly his BJJ before he fights any top 5 or 7, Siever would be a good match although I would hate to see Seiver get KO´d

Matt Brown deserves a higer ranked fighter, either Lawler or Koscheck would be a nice introduction to the top 10

Shogun at this point I rather watch him retire, but if he´s gonna keep fighting, Bader is a good match

Faber vs McDonald makes a lot of sense they both lost to Barao and have never fought each other, and Faber already defeated anyone else (aside Barao)

Holloway vs Cole miller or Nam Phan (is he still in the UFC?)

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

08.19.2013 | 2:03 PM ET

Faber vs. McDonald I need this in my life

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

08.19.2013 | 2:39 PM ET

Definitely. That fight needs to happen. One of my favorite things about Faber is that he doesn't ***** about title shots. The BW division is in such a mess anyway with Cruz being out. If I were him I'd wait. 

And with all the talent in the BW division, there's no shortage of good fights for him. And he's been fighting with extreme regularity since. 3 fights this year and he probably will sneak one more in before the year is over.
bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

08.19.2013 | 4:00 PM ET

Sonnen vs Wand
Browne vs Werdum
Faber vs McDonald
Brown vs Pierce
Howard vs Natal/Troeng winner
Johnson vs Cruickshank
McGregor vs Alcantara
Siler vs Corassani
Brandao vs Yahya
Gamburyan vs Bermudez
OSP vs Perosh
Vick vs Krause

* Edited at 08.19.2013, 4:01 PM ET *

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,307  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

08.19.2013 | 4:51 PM ET

Would love to see Brandao vs Corassani
nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,265  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

08.19.2013 | 4:54 PM ET

Sonnen vs Henderson in  a rematch of the 2000 olympic greco trials
Shogun  vs. Feijao or Thiago Silva vs Matt Hamill loser being Shogun and Feijao are training partners.
Travis Browne vs.  Stipe or Mir?Barnett winner
Overeem vs.  Schaub/ mitrione Winner either way i want to see all 3 knocked out.
Urijah Faber vs. Michael Mcdonakld
Alcanatara vs.  Jorgensen or Menjivar vs. Yamamoto winner
Pickett vs. Alacantara or Jorgensen, 
Matt brown vs. Robbie Lawler ( FOTD), or Nick Diaz
Mike Pyle vs.   Jason High or John Hathaway or Paulo Thiago
John Howard vs. Yoel Romero or Andrew Craig, Tom Lawler, and i'm pissed since he's coming off a lose but Lorenz Larkin
Michael johnson vs.  Guillard vs. Pearson winner or Bobby Green( Masvidal is booked agianst Khabilov so he's not available)
Joe Lauzon vs. Matt wiman or Tokudome
Conor Mcgregor vs.  Maximo Blanco or Charles Olivera if he wasn't fighting Payan
Max Holloway vs.  Robbie Peralta
Mike Brown vs.  brimage or he should retire and this is from a big fan of Mike brown
Gamburyan vs.  Bermudez
Miller vs.  Pepey   St. preux vs. Te Huna or Perosh
Donovanvs. Latifi

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA community reacts to Father's Day, celebrates on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Tatsuro Taira after UFC on ESPN 58 win?
  • MMA Junkie : Miles Johns: UFC Apex main event vs. Ricky Simon 'would be kind of cool'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Says Ikram Aliskerov Is ‘Different Threat’, Eyes Title Rematch With Dricus Du Plessis
  • MMA Junkie : Linton Vassell might get over playoff miss if PFL booked him vs. Ryan Bader
  • MMA Mania : Mayweather Releases Infamous ‘Tank’ Vs. Haney Doghouse Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Cris Cyborg destroy another opponent with brutal boxing knockout at Crypto Fight Night
  • MMA Junkie : Rose Namajunas' history with UFC Denver foe Maycee Barber includes 'uncalled for' moment with father
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva says knockouts weren’t allowed in Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Drinks Away His Disappointment Over UFC 303 Main Event Cancellation; Conor McGregor Gives Update On Injury
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Offers New Deodorant To ‘Smelly Boy’ Merab
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 5: Make your predictions for light heavyweights and lightweights in Salt Lake City
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia fight card official with new lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen objects to boxing draw vs. Anderson Silva: 'I won the first three rounds'
  • MMA Mania : Video! Perez Stretchered Out Of UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Rafael dos Anjos gets revenge 8 years later by mocking Conor McGregor dropping out of UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Cris Cyborg Scores Another KO Win In Boxing Match, Takes Dig At Claressa Shields
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira hopes to get title shot vs. Alexandre Pantoja in 2024, become first Japanese UFC champion