Tapology Forums

Will UFC have Female fighters and fights?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jeff_manning_
jeff_manning_
  • Predictions:  372  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 133

06.20.2011 | 2:30 AM ET

Now that Zuffa has Strikeforce under its banner how long do you think it is until there are women fighting in the UFC? Do you think women will fight in the UFC?

I think that Zuffa will keep female fighting but it will stay under a different title, kinda like the NBA and WNBA . . . WUFC? It is nothing against female fighters, I feel some of them are far better strategists then the men, I just think it would do better as a leagues of it own and would allow them to gain their own fan base and following. I to see a little more competition for Cyborg though easily the most dominant fighter in her category, even more dominant then GSP, Silva or Aldo if you ask me.

"Fight with your hands not your face" - Ali

Responses

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.20.2011 | 4:05 AM ET

My first thread i created on Tapology was on female MMA. I certainly like it and hopefully they will at least keep it on the strikeforce brand of zuffa. i think its an untapped market if probably promoted. 90% of the time the women have exciting and entertaining matches. if they make the mistake of dropping it, if i'm the owner of bellator i would have a 135 and 145 women's tournament and be known as the organization that really promotes Womens MMA. alot might be riding on miesha tate vs marloes coenen fight and what kind of numbers they get for that event. my five favorite female fighters are: Sarah Kaufman, Miesha Tate, Rin Nakai, Ronda Rousey, and Gina Carano. hopefully carano fights again.

* Edited at 06.20.2011, 4:08 AM ET *

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

06.20.2011 | 6:15 AM ET

I personally don't think they'll bring women fighters to the UFC to compete. 
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=37d12840-e861-4ce2-8fdd-37347f43b949
Dana White is so wishy washy though. But he doesn't seem like he's all that interested in women competing. 
I personally find it intriguing and because I believe it'd obviously bring in more female attention. It just doesn't seem like it's on Dana White's agenda.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

06.20.2011 | 8:40 AM ET

I personally am not a big fan due to the lack of current competition in female MMA. You have some truly dominant and amazing atheletes like Cyborg and a bunch of others who simply will never be on her level. The disparity may even out one day, but until does, you won't have consistent high-profile female mma fights or even enough competitive talent to fill out a division.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.20.2011 | 11:59 AM ET

Like Bodymod posted, Dana has stated many, many times that he has 0 interest in putting females in the UFC.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Hushabye
Hushabye
  • Predictions:  51  |  56.9%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 99

06.20.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

I would hope the could eventually become open minded to the idea.. but It is doubtful. Sadly.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.20.2011 | 9:06 PM ET

i hope the fertitta brothers will over rule dana on this issue.
iamsaye
iamsaye
  • Predictions:  205  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 62

06.20.2011 | 9:18 PM ET

I dont know, but I believe they will continue to highlight womans mma in strike force.
But Dana seemed open to the idea at the press conference for rio.

I personally think that they should, hell womans mma can be very lopsided, but entertaing non the less..

"Some lovers just rely on thier hearts, the coal remaines of what begain with a passionate start"

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

06.20.2011 | 9:21 PM ET

I hope so. The women's fights are incredible.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

iamsaye
iamsaye
  • Predictions:  205  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 62

06.20.2011 | 9:23 PM ET

Hell yeah. I have seem some great womans mma matches in my time..

"Some lovers just rely on thier hearts, the coal remaines of what begain with a passionate start"

R1zla
R1zla
  • Predictions:  22,459  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,656
  • Post Score: 191

06.20.2011 | 9:59 PM ET

I think they'll continue it in strikeforce but i don't think we'll ever see women fighting in the UFC.

I think Zuffa will continue the womens division under the Strikeforce banner because its already established and there is an interest, which means there is money to be made.

Dana hates going back on his words or being proved wrong, but with strikeforce now being part of the Zuffa family he can get a slice of the pie without doing either lol

sort of like the Kimbo situation, Dana said he would never fight in the UFC, but as soon as Kimbo became a draw Dana was interested ... getting him on T.U.F was a WIN-WIN for Dana. If Kimbo did well he was doing it in the UFC and if he got smashed Dana was right all along, plus either way Zuffa was making money.

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • MMA Mania : Resurgent Aldo Teases Second Run At UFC Title
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: UFC 301 post-fight press conference