Tapology Forums

Biggest Fight of the Summer?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jeff_manning_
jeff_manning_
  • Predictions:  372  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 133

06.20.2011 | 2:02 AM ET

With some pretty big cards coming up in the next few months what is peoples opinion on what will be the most anticipated fight of the summer?

I cast my vote for UFC 134 if for no other reason then it is simply in Brazil. But of course the confirmed and potential card is looking to be an epic show.

"Fight with your hands not your face" - Ali

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

06.20.2011 | 2:08 AM ET

Dan Henderson vs Fedor, two legends going at it

for me personally: Cruz v Faber , rematch of a fight from four years ago. I wanna see Faber get beaten.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

jeff_manning_
jeff_manning_
  • Predictions:  372  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 133

06.20.2011 | 2:20 AM ET

Two great cards I am really stoked for both.
I got to stand other side and vote for Faber, mainly cause when he was with WEC I was a huge fan of his, I think that Cruz could very well throw him the beaten of his life.

"Fight with your hands not your face" - Ali

kallousklown
kallousklown

06.20.2011 | 2:40 AM ET

well, i respect faber as a fighter but i enjoy watching cruz more. not that it should matter but faber just rubs me the wrong way.

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,496  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

06.20.2011 | 2:58 AM ET

Yes Kallous your Faber love is well known in these parts haha
kallousklown
kallousklown

06.20.2011 | 3:15 AM ET

haha, sorry but i cant help it. I just dont like the dude.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.20.2011 | 4:11 AM ET

cant wait for Cruz vs Faber,i think Cruz is gonna give him a beating......MM is one of few quick enough the get his hands on Cruz and i think he'll be the one to beat him

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.20.2011 | 4:14 AM ET

next UFC event it would be Carlos "the natural born killer" Condit vs DHK, stun gun. long term: Nick Diaz vs George St. Pierre in Las Vegas. i will be at the fight live and will tell everyone here how it went. I certainly want Diaz to win but we will see how it plays out. I'm glad that gsp is not having the home country behind him and he will probably have to withstand a hostile vegas crowd so lets see how he responds.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.20.2011 | 4:59 AM ET

the hostile crowd should be interesting,imo GSP's mental aspect is the weakest part of his game

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.20.2011 | 5:04 AM ET

@ jaffa. if diaz could put the pressure on early and land some big strikes and combos and the crowd just started to go crazy with excitement (for diaz) i think gsp would become "flustered"  diaz would sense this and go in for the kill. zhit, i getting excited talking about it and its 4 months away.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K