Topic: Barroso vs. Oliveira

Barroso vs. Oliveira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

07.19.2013 | 10:39 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Barroso vs. Oliveira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

Rakunio
Rakunio
  • Predictions:  223  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 93

07.19.2013 | 10:39 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Oliveira has more to prove in this fight,2nd round submission for him,wouldn't be surprised if it's early in the first round
Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

07.28.2013 | 2:45 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Barroso trains at Nova União and isn't coming in with a years+ of ring rust like Oliveira is. 

But Barroso is 5 inches shorter and took this fight on 2 weeks notice... 
TommyT
TommyT
  • Predictions:  73  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 180

07.29.2013 | 2:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Ednaldo Oliveira (13-1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) Vs. Francimar Barroso (15-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC): Light Heavyweight (205, Jones) 

• Oliveira is 4 years younger, 3” inches taller, and has a 4” inch reach advantage.

• Oliveira has been a pro fighter since 2005, and is making his light heavyweight debut. Generally speaking he is a good boxer, placing 2nd in 2010 and 2011 at the Brazilian Boxing Championship tournament. He is a training partner of JDS, has ten knockout victories, one submission (BJJ black belt), and has won three of his last four fights.

• Barroso has been a pro since 2005, and is a former LHW champion in Shooto Brazil and WOCS. He is a former State Jiu-Jitsu Champion, holds blackbelts in both BJJ and Kickboxing (classic UFC.com profile accolaids!), and is a training partner of Jose Aldo at Nova Uniao. He has won twelve of his last thirteen (current three fight win streak), has ten knockouts, four submissions, and eleven first round finishes.

Barroso does not appear to be an easy fight from the information I found, but Oliveria having the TotT sweep, and the experience of having a previous fight in the UFC (even if it was close to two years ago...) could make the difference here. Barroso took this fight on just two weeks notice. I think Oliveira will be favored.
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.29.2013 | 5:15 PM ET

I kind of just went with the majority on this one. I noticed that the larger guys from Nova Uniao aren't as prolific as the smaller guys. Keep in mind, I'm going off like 3 fights where I picked a big guy from NU and lost each pick.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.30.2013 | 8:42 AM ET

I watched  tape on both of them and Barosso is just terrible and his chin is very suspect.

The reach and power of Oliveira should win it for him.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 6 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.30.2013 | 8:52 AM ET

I guess the person who thumbed me down is a Barosso nutnugger and is too big of a ***** to discuss this fight so he has to be a ratings *****? bunch of ******* on this site.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 6 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

08.02.2013 | 10:40 AM ET

Prediction: correct Barroso   correct Decision  

I'm calling the upset, I think the layoff and first cut to 205 for Oliveira will be detrimental.  Barroso via UD.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,991  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

08.03.2013 | 10:42 AM ET

Prediction: correct Barroso   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

What's worse? Coming in on 2 weeks notice or of a 19 month layoff with 2 broken arms inside that period? What worse? Having no takedown defense at all or fight a guy with a 20 inch reach adventage? Seriously I don't know this fight is a toss up for me.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

08.03.2013 | 1:16 PM ET

Interested to see how Oliveira's gas tank is here.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With ‘MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze set for UFC 304 in Manchester
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe doesn’t want Marc Goddard refereeing his fights again: ‘I don’t like the guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia, Jose Aldo’s return at UFC 301, Mike Perry shines again, Paul vs. Tyson sanctioned
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301