Topic: Cormier vs. Nelson

Cormier vs. Nelson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,585
  • Post Score: 60

07.17.2013 | 11:30 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Cormier vs. Nelson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,005  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

09.27.2013 | 12:50 PM ET

I like you CthulhuJones. I just want to state that before I respond to your post.

"At least if you down vote my **** because I'm complaining about down votes you have a ****** reason for doing it. If you don't think following people around down voting every post they make is ********...you may wanna reference a mirror, or check the amount of chromosomes you have."

I don't think it really matters either way to be honest. Why people are bothered by down votes has always baffled me. It really only means 1 of 2 things. 1) someone disagrees with you; or 2) someone is trying to get a rise out of you. Acknowledging number 2 will only increase someone giving you down votes. Regardless of all of that, it's an MMA site on the internet. I don't think it's going to affect too much of your everyday life.

"It's also abuse. I've been suspended for following JM Barrie calling ******** on all of its posts. Others have been suspended for abusing the votes system, but hey, ignore it and it'll go away...nope. Someone's been doing this to Burgess for months because they literally have zero goddamn life."

Responding to a down vote takes far more time than ignoring it, or even giving one. Be careful who you say has "zero goddamn life".

"Edit: down vote me all day, I don't care. I just want to make it very clear that whoever the person is doing it is more than likely a pillow biter."

Probably. But who cares.

"Every single time I see Bill get down voted for simply posting from now on I'll be making a huge deal out of it. Flame wars will ensue, threads will be hijacked, and if people don't like it I guess they'll have to choose the obvious solution and simply ignore it."

If you do that you are being part of the problem. Sounds like you are being the "pillow biter" now. Once again, you've acknowledged the person who down voted you and whoever did that accomplished their task.

* Edited at 09.27.2013, 12:51 PM ET *

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

09.27.2013 | 12:53 PM ET

I'm ready to bite the **** out of the pillow then.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,005  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

09.27.2013 | 1:01 PM ET

I feel the need to post this every time people cry about down votes:

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

09.27.2013 | 1:01 PM ET

I agree with Nick , just ignore it . trolls are looking to **** with you . But I also agree with Cthulhu that it should maybe be looked into , the less **** bitter trolls we have on here the better it makes the site. I know ive down thumbed Bill for stupid **** lists with retired and wrong weight class fighters many times . but he does seem to have someone following him around like a ******.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

09.27.2013 | 1:05 PM ET

It's more the fact that Bill has someone blatantly following him around and that the rules seem to get muddy depending on who the person is being ****** with.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

09.27.2013 | 1:51 PM ET

I agree with the down votes stuff, but eliminating trolls is impossible. they will just create another ******** account thru another ******** e-mail address and continue to downvote you because they know it pisses people off. It's not stoppable. How accounts are handled is possible to be changed, but these guys are overseeing a massive site at this time and it's hard to keep up with all the ******** that happens on the neverending internet.

Who the **** seriously youtubed themselves downvoting bill? PRICELESS!

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

09.27.2013 | 1:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

CT, why are you worried about Bill breaux?  Bill made his bed and now he is lying in it.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.27.2013 | 2:07 PM ET

yaaay ... a down voting thread again!!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.27.2013 | 2:09 PM ET

@CT

I agree with Lopati, this is Bill own doing. And maybe at one point someone followed bill around for hour or two tops. No one give a rats ass to follow him around for months, that just friggin ridiculous claim. Bill just makes foolish statements a lot and constantly gets into arguments, that is why he being down arrow. Not because some vendetta against Bill, but because he wrong a lot and people realize this so they down arrow him. He also whines about it and plays the victim card some much that it just makes people more willing to down arrow him. Whining does not help the matter it makes it worse and then there people like you who whine on his behalf which just makes people even more willing to down arrow Bill. The more you and him whine the worse it gunna get. Your not helping at all. At least that's how i see it, take the advise or leave it, it up to you.

* Edited at 09.27.2013, 2:11 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

09.27.2013 | 2:10 PM ET

There will be so many of them in the weeks to come. I'm here to fight for the honor of one Bill Burgess in hopes that one day, some day, any day...it may lead to us having just one dance.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

09.27.2013 | 2:11 PM ET

Nah bro, every single time he posts something regardless of what it is it gets an instant down vote. Someone straight up has a crush on him...more than I do.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

09.27.2013 | 2:19 PM ET

Here's this. Look at this. It seems relevant.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

09.27.2013 | 2:23 PM ET

I think we need some Appreciation Threads

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

bklettke
bklettke

09.27.2013 | 2:36 PM ET

Back to the matter at hand, does this fight not seem like a HUGE mismatch to anyone else? Cormier will dominate this fight.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.27.2013 | 2:39 PM ET

@bklettke, that's the biggest problem with Big Country ... he's always a huge mismatch ... he's either way better than his opponent or heavily over-matched ... I don't remember his last close dogfight ... basically, anyone good enough to stay away from his overhand right will beat him badly, the rest will go to sleep ... perfect definition of a gatekeeper ...

* Edited at 09.27.2013, 2:39 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

bklettke
bklettke

09.27.2013 | 2:53 PM ET

yossgold - you got that right. I understand DC is on his way down to 205 (potentially) but he is still fighting in the HW division. I think they should have matched him up with Werdum or Travis Brown. That way if JDS does beat Cain, which i don't think he does, he can most likely move into immediate title contention.

* Edited at 09.27.2013, 2:55 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

09.27.2013 | 7:04 PM ET

I once advocated dumping the arrow system.  But on reflection, I have changed my mind.  The system is a good one.  To let people know if they like an opinion or not.  No problem with that.

In fact, that is a really brilliant idea.  But some people don't realize that when you use it to express how you feel about a member, you undermine an otherwise good system.  It introduces corruption that has a subtle effect.

When a post is down voted due to personal stuff, it devalues the votes of every other member who expressed a legitimate opinion.  It renders all votes less meaningful and powerful.  

It disrespects the system, and by extension, the mods who created it, and ultimately, the arrows of all those who simply wanted to register whether an opinion was good or not.

I haven't said anything for several months now.  I just accepted it.  Did it stop?  No.  Did I whine? No.

This system is being disrespected and abused and those who should be looking out for the members are pretending that there is no problem.  

Just realize.  All your down arrows are being compromised and made irrelevant because as long as this goes on, no one will ever know if I'm being downed for an opinion or just being me.  Who would know?  The system was rendered invalid

And yes, this has gone on for over 12 months.  Since before Culture of Tapology started.  No matter how casual, how innocent, one or two arrows.  Usually within seconds.

Lopati.  Your avatar becomes you.  Poisonous.  There is no anti-venom for hate.  OldNick.  Easy for you to say.  If I followed you for a year, downing every single one of your posts, you might wake up.

bklettke.  You are incorrect about not being able to stop internet trolls.  I've been a mod on baseball-fever for many, many years and we handle them with ease.  If someone crosses the line, they're warned and if they keep it up, they're suspended and maybe banned.

Sure, they will re-register under another user-name account, and that's fine with me.  But if they cross the line again, we keep expelling them.  We don't put up with low-grade BS like they do here.  We don't allow cussing, personal attacks, etc.  Lopati, Brazilian Jitz and some others would never make it on fever.  They'd be expelled over and over until they shaped up and got the message or we'd keep kicking them out.  

And see, I already got 2 down votes and no one in the world knows if its my pet stalker troll or Gunn or someone disagrees with my opinion.  NOBODY KNOWS!  That's the problem!

* Edited at 09.27.2013, 7:17 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.27.2013 | 7:20 PM ET

No one is going to read that post, I hope you know that. After first line is jsut blah blah blah blah more blah blah, whining about how you don't whine blah blah.

"here I come to save the day"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

09.27.2013 | 7:22 PM ET

Franklin, you're a **** with a learning disability. Take that and run with it.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

09.27.2013 | 7:33 PM ET

Not only is franklin illiterate, but he's on a little hand-held device so a normal post looks long to him.  

But he is a ****.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim