Tapology Forums

Super Ego Braught Down Legend...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

07.07.2013 | 11:39 AM ET

And of course a Wiedman left hook.
We have seen it dozens of times when a Champion becomes so confident in thier self that they set aside the basic skills that got them where they are.

Anderson showed all the signs.

Not touching gloves, dropping his hands, sticking out chin, taunting his opponents....clowning.

Not only dangerous but dis-respectfull to the opponent.But its disrespectful to the Art.
I started to lose respect back when Anderson taunted Griffin . I have just never accepted that type of fighter,no matter who they were or how much i liked the fighter.

I am glad this happened.
it is good for the sport because it dont matter who you are. Disrespect has no place in MMA .The more Anderson disrespect the MMA art the more I wanted to see him taught his lesson. 

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

Responses

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

07.07.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

A little disdain for his opponents fighting ability has made for an exciting fight in the past, but last night was way over the top.  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

07.07.2013 | 1:26 PM ET

Completely agree, especially about it being good for MMA.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.07.2013 | 1:30 PM ET

So again with this, go watch the post-fight conference so Dana, Anderson, and Weidman can explain the 'taunting' thing for the 3HUNNA'd time...jesus how many people gonna say this ****.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

07.07.2013 | 1:41 PM ET

To play devil's advocate, Anderson Silva hespects Weidman, but appeared to no hespect Weidman to try to keep the battle standing while trying to gain a "mental edge" by frustrating his opponent. Silva was trying to make Weidman's striking more aggressive that would leave a hole for a significant counter strike. Silva is a fighter known to keep his hands down and roll with the punches and basically got caught rolling the wrong way because mistook a right backfist as a left hook and got caught with a left hook. Silva did what he thought to gain an advantage in the fight but flew too close to the sun.
Jmad
Jmad
  • Predictions:  885  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 106

07.07.2013 | 2:05 PM ET

don't flame me guys but i think everything about that fight was a little fishy.

"'I'm going to beat you to a living death." -Ken Shamrock on Tito"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

07.07.2013 | 2:05 PM ET

I think there is a line you can cross, and Silva has crossed the line before with good results. I think the most respectful he felt of any opponent was Rich Franklin, he did some dodging in the second fight and showed a little more disdain for his opponent (he knew he was gonna kill Rich in front of his hometown) but he had finished those fights, 13 of them in fact. So you see he can get a way with that behaviour, and people love him for it (I am one of those people) but we have seen what happens when he crosses the line and it ends badly, we get a fight like Maia, the Leties fight where there was no finish, and that's why it was bad. He didn't end the fight with a flashy knockout or submission, if he did people would ignore his behaviour and call it genius. Hell, I did this.

Silva does disrespect his opponents, that is the mental warfare. To show them no respect, they are not on his level. He sticks his chin out, puts his hands down and he dares them to hit him. Dana and Weidman are just ********ting because their not gonna go out and say Anderson was being disrespectful, but we all know that's how the guy fights.

Is it a big deal? I don't think so, in the end. I don't think any one wants another fight like the Maia and Leites fights,though. Holy ****.

* Edited at 07.07.2013, 2:11 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.07.2013 | 6:00 PM ET

The guy got beat, took it on the chin (pun intended), stayed for the interview. I just wish he didn't **** around so much, he doesn't have to.

"I Get Better."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream