Tapology Forums

After Frankie vs Gray 3 who should get the next title shot? Jim Miller or Clay Guida?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.14.2011 | 10:19 PM ET

This is a difficult question for me because I feel like both have done enough to warrant a title shot. I like Guida more but there's no way anyone can deny Miller and what he's done in the lightweight division.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Responses Page 3

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

06.21.2011 | 3:27 AM ET

i think that jim miller should be the first guy in line if he gets past bendo....but i think gulliard deserves a title shot as well

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

09.27.2011 | 10:18 PM ET

Hmm. Randomly stumbled upon this thread today. Obviously what I said about Guida being a disgrace to the sport was really melodramatic. I still don't like him or his style, but disgrace to the sport was a stupid thing to say. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also I said Guillard needs to keep improving his wrestling, I just meant he needs to keep it elite so he doesn't get taken down someone like Maynard.

Sorry for bumping a random thread but I felt dumb for saying those two things and had to clear the air. 

"We Are All One"

goose33
goose33
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  71
  • Post Score: 279

09.27.2011 | 10:21 PM ET

in my opinion it has to be Melvin Guillard if he wins his next fight which he should its gotta be him, would love to see Melendez get a shot eventually

"Sky's the limit"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

09.27.2011 | 10:23 PM ET

This is easy with the Guida/Bendo fight scheduled now

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

09.27.2011 | 11:05 PM ET

I like @hushabyes response! Have of course the Bendo/Guida fight and then Guillard vs Miller, that away Guillard is put through a top opponent and tested to see if he's even worthy of a title shot. :)

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowns ‘Girl’ De La Hoya After Win