Topic: 6/7 Competition: La Biblioteca

6/7 Weekend Competition: La Biblioteca

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

06.04.2013 | 10:57 PM ET

Reigning champion @joe kerr decides to pay homage to something from Community, a Spanish rap by Troy and Abed.

Get your weekend picks locked in, suckas!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 6

That aint right
That aint right
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -1450

06.15.2013 | 4:16 PM ET

You guys don't have over 100 people picking hardly any event except for the big orgs and even then if its not bellator or UFC it ain't hitting more than 300. And uh oh you had some people come here to get the results for a fuel card because most people can't watch it, big deal. None of those people are here more than 5 seconds and have absolutely nothing to do with all these implementations you're spending so much time on. You know the biggest difference between here and sherdog? A specific set of rules, there may be a ****ton of trolls but at least it's interesting to go too. When you do something over there you know whether or not it will get you in trouble, here it's just a couple people doing what they want to members due to their own opinions, I think that has a lot to do with no one posts here so the people that do are all well know, And interact with the mods.

Deny it all you want, a lot of people may look at results but that's it, and that ain't getting you no advertising dollars(obviously) and really has nothing to do with how successful the site is, so yeah I'd say the fact that you can go 3 hours without a post here and that you spend all this time inputting stuff for about 40 people, I'd say yep, it's dying
Gregory
Gregory

06.15.2013 | 4:23 PM ET

Keep telling yourself all that. Tapology has never been bigger.

And yet you still keep coming around?  Butt-hurt much?

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.15.2013 | 4:25 PM ET

i'll take some prime rib at ocean prime in indy, medium rare. I tip very well. i'm bringing your old friend Mirkobrocop and I looked it up on google maps and the 8 second saloon is only 9 miles away so you can serve us and then throw down with Mirko 1 hour later.  + _ +    you will need the tip money for when you lose the smackdown and the wager.

* Edited at 06.15.2013, 4:26 PM ET *

Gregory
Gregory

06.15.2013 | 4:31 PM ET

And oh... regarding advertising:

Websites a fraction of the size of Tapology are covered in advertising.  You plug yourself into Google or another ad network and in minutes that's what you get.

How many people want us to do the same thing here?  Aside from some affiliate clothing links which are purposely designed to blend into the site, we don't accept advertising.

Ensuring good usability is a key reason why Tapology is growing.

desauce
desauce
  • Predictions:  16,628  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,272
  • Post Score: 271

06.15.2013 | 4:39 PM ET

If Sherdog is soo much better of a site why do you keep bothering with this one? Sounds to me like you have no life and have nothing better to do then troll this site. Grow up

" I just watched a bum pick up all the trash around him and throw it away what a good bum I hope he has good karma." - Cody McKenzie

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

06.15.2013 | 4:40 PM ET

Ok, I'll leave then. Oh wait....

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Gregory
Gregory

06.15.2013 | 4:43 PM ET

Heh. To Sherdog's credit:

- Their forum is enormous
- For pro (non ammy) MMA, they still have the most thorough historical fight database around
- They have a lot of good media (photos) from around the world

desauce
desauce
  • Predictions:  16,628  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,272
  • Post Score: 271

06.15.2013 | 4:45 PM ET

Maybe so but, the site is full of a bunch of ****** nozzles as well. I can't stand that site. 

" I just watched a bum pick up all the trash around him and throw it away what a good bum I hope he has good karma." - Cody McKenzie

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

06.15.2013 | 4:49 PM ET

Even though the forums recently changed from http://sherdog.net to http://forums.sherdog.com there is very little crossover between the main dotcom site and the forums. You need to treat the two things as separate entities almost.

Most common hates for the dotcom site is the notion that Zuffa is paying them not to cover other MMA and that their rankings and coverage is in turn biased towards Zuffa.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.15.2013 | 5:02 PM ET

Can't believe Greg has been keeping this from me for months ... Guess ill find a new career path since this ones dead. 

Oh wait...

Nawh

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

06.15.2013 | 5:44 PM ET

Note to self:  next time I'm at Applebees, ask the waiter for career advice.   

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

wake99
wake99
  • Predictions:  20,593  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,334
  • Post Score: 282

06.15.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

Note to self:  next time I'm at Applebees, ask if they have any job opening 
Gregory
Gregory

06.15.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

If Messiah would stop putting people down and insulting them, I'd have no problem with the guy.  But it never stops.

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

06.15.2013 | 6:07 PM ET

There are two kinds of people in this world

mouth-breathers (99%)
and
fine diners (1%)
sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,322  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

06.15.2013 | 6:08 PM ET

Note to self: Next time I'm at Applebees, ask for the 2 for $20. Gotta be cheap.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

06.15.2013 | 6:13 PM ET

When someone orders a blooming onion you know you're gonna get that ...

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

06.15.2013 | 6:21 PM ET

In regards to the Sherdog forums. If you stay out of heavies (Zuffa forums), it is generally a great forum with funny posters in the off topic and in the other forums such as worldwide, kickboxing/muay thai, grappling, etc. most of the posters are pretty respectful and well informed (though the occassional ****** nozzle will come and get banned). For JMMA, which I enjoy quite a bit, they have some great threads in the worldwide section.

TL:DR: Sherdog is a good forum if you avoid the heavies.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

06.15.2013 | 6:47 PM ET

Some of the things I read here crack me the **** up.  A prime example being: Tapology is dying.

I feel that I am a good example of a contributor that has had to decline their presence on the site not because the site is dying or I dislike it, but because I have so many fires going elsewhere that it impedes on my ability to make all the picks or sit and shoot the **** in the forums all day.

I tell every promoter I come in contact with to send their fight cards to me or to the site directly so that they can start getting some exposure for the promotion or the fighters.  So I know that in the Pac-NW the word is spreading on Tapology, which may be the last area to be fully consumed by this great site.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

06.15.2013 | 6:54 PM ET

Don't you know the site is dead without Messiah? Fine Dining is dead

* Edited at 06.15.2013, 6:54 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

06.15.2013 | 6:59 PM ET

Live2Breaux, I thought it was dying because I wasnt around here!!!!!!!!

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next