Tapology Forums

GSP Vows To Silence Diaz.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

06.03.2011 | 1:51 PM ET

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/94325.html?CMP=OTC-RSS
UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has called for Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz to "walk the walk" after their'superfight' was confirmed for UFC 137
The pair will enter the Octagon in October in a showdown between UFC and Strikeforce champions in Las Vegas. 
"I'm excited," St-Pierre told The Canadian Press. "It's been a long time he's been talking about me, saying like he's the best, he was saying I was avoiding him and stuff. But I never avoid anybody. 
"Now it's time to walk the walk. It's going to be a good fight." 
It remains to be seen whether Diaz vacates his Strikeforce title, but St-Pierre insists he has no interest in any unification bout. 
"For me, I don't care about the other title," St-Pierre said. "The title that means the most to me is UFC. It's the most prestigious one. That's the one that everyone's wants to have. 
"I don't care about gaining the Strikeforce title. I'm a UFC guy and I want to stay in the UFC the rest of my career. That's where I belong. 
"Right now I'm champion. I don't care about fighting for a title. I care about fighting the name and Nick Diaz, he's the guy to beat right now. He's the guy that a lot of people rank him even No. 1 so that's why I want to fight him." 
St-Pierre injured his eye during his victory over Jake Shields, but insists his vision is bavk to 100 per cent. 
"I was not able to calculate my distance well and I had to play a different game than if I had two eyes," he said of his fight with Shields. "I had to change my game plan and play more conservative. "It sucks because it made the fight kind of boring. I wanted to give more for the fans. It's bad luck, but it could have been worse."

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

06.03.2011 | 1:54 PM ET

This is going to be exciting.

"I live, I die, I live again."

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

06.03.2011 | 2:05 PM ET

ya it is i hope gsp can finish him, im not a fan of either one but i would love to see diaz finished

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.03.2011 | 2:07 PM ET

i dont care who it is.....i just want to see GSP finish!!!! haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.03.2011 | 2:13 PM ET

i see the vegas crowd going crazy when diaz wins. plus alot of ka-ching in there pockets.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.03.2011 | 3:30 PM ET

It is always something with GSP, but you can't deny his results. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

06.03.2011 | 3:52 PM ET

we cant argue with Diaz stand up and submission game, but gsp wrestling is probably the best in the world right now. All diaz's loses have come from wrestlers, it does not bode well for the stockton kid. i just hope someone finishes.

"fresh outta Oakland..."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

06.03.2011 | 5:19 PM ET

When it comes to GSP, it's always the same story in every fight. We hear him make excuses for why he didn't finish his last opponent, this opponent that he is facing is the best WW in the world, the fighter he is facing has beaten everybody, the opponent he is facing is going to be his greatest challenge, and he's going to finish this guy. Have I missed anything? IMO, GSP has become predictable, ingenuine, and personally I just don't care for GSP as a person, or as a fighter at all. He could put onn the greatest fight of all time, and I will never be a fan of GSP ever. However, as much as a I hate to admit to it, GSP is the #1 WW in the world, currently the greatest WW of all time, and quite possibly the greatest p4p fighter of all time.

Nick Diaz is bold, brash, tough, scrappy, and loves to taunt his opponents in the ring, cage, or wherever else the fight might take place. Diaz has pretty much taken on the bad guy role, and many people don't care for his in and out of fight conduct. Personally I've never cared for fighters like Nick Diaz, but for some reason, I'm a really huge fan of Nick Diaz. Unlike Rashad Evans, Chael Sonnen, Tito Ortiz, Josh Koscheck, and Frank Shamrock, Nick Diaz has made taunting and sh*t talking an art form. As for myself, I can't help, but laugh and cheer when Nick Diaz fights.

Thinking now about the fight between GSP and Nick Diaz, I'm sure it's no question who I'm going to be cheering for. The reality is, aside from his TKO losses to Jeremy Jackson and KJ Noons, Diaz's kryptonite in MMA has been wrestlers with good submission defense, and great grappling practitioners. 3 of Diaz's 7 losses have been highly contested and contraversial decision losses, but none-the-less it's proof that you can't leave any fight in the hands of the judges. On the other end of the spectrum, leaving a fight in the hands of the judges has been made an art from by GSP. GSP's kryptonite is his own mind, and mental strength. GSP's losses to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra were because of where he was at metally coming intot the fight. Even in his fight against Jake Shields, Greg Jackson admitted that if the referee, cageside judge, or cageside doctor heard how much GSP was freaking out about how he couldn't see, the fight would've been stopped, and it's all because of GSP's metal standpoint, and how he perceives what is happening to him in a fight.

Each fighter's kryptonite plays into the other fighter's strength, unfortunately how tough GSP is coming into a fight is usually hit miss, while you can bank that Nick Diaz will have a hard stopping the takedown, and getting out of top control from GSP. Diaz has been five rounds, but how well will he do with a very large 170lb. (185-190 at fight time) GSP clinching, wrestling, and being in top control for 5 rounds?

I think once again GSP gets a 5 round nod from the judges. I'm cheering, hoping, and praying for a KO/TKO or submission by Nick Diaz, but I'm pretty confident we all know what the outcome of this fight is going to be.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.03.2011 | 8:46 PM ET

i think thats the largest post i have seen written on tapology. alot of gamblers believe. diaz has gone from a +350 to a +275 from the time the fight has been announced.
KnowledgeReigns
KnowledgeReigns
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 112

06.05.2011 | 2:59 AM ET

I want GSP to win because from my experience, Diaz fans are stupid and annoying... Not saying all Diaz fans are like that, but the ones I've talked to.
deathbyfedor
deathbyfedor
  • Predictions:  302  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 100

06.05.2011 | 3:16 AM ET

I'm rooting for Diaz, I didn't like him at first, I thought he was a punk, but learning he was actually a good guy and dedicated fighter, entertaining, and intelligent when it comes to the fight game he won me over. I think GSP will most likely win by UD, Diaz is a tough dude, but I am definitely not counting Diaz out, he could win by submission or get the TKO. He definitely will bring the pressure and taunting, and force GSP to use his full arsenal.

"the rash of negativity is seen one sidedly"

DelRose
DelRose

06.05.2011 | 8:59 AM ET

Hope diaz kicks his ass all over the canvas, I can't stand GSP.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

06.05.2011 | 10:43 AM ET

This is going to be fun.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• ONE Fight Night 22 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Thongpoon Petchportoror vs. Zakaria El Jamari - The fighters are making their walk-outs.
  • Join the ONE Fight Night 22 live discussion
  • Thongpoon Petchportoror (0-0-0) TH.
  • Zakaria El Jamari (0-0-0) MA.
  • ONE Fight Night 22 features 4 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand
  • LFA 183 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Gustavo Henrique vs. Marcelo Marques - The fighters are making their walk-outs.
  • Join the LFA 183 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Marcelo Marques 99% Gustavo Henrique 1%
  • Marcelo "Indomável" Marques (9-0-0) CE, BR is the #96th Pro Mens Lightweight in Brazil.
  • Gustavo "King" Henrique (3-3-0) RJ, BR is the #457th Pro Mens Welterweight in Brazil.
  • LFA 183 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Complexo Ribalta in Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil