Tapology Forums

( prime) fedor emelianenko vs jon jones

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

elementdefeat
elementdefeat
  • Predictions:  128  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  197
  • Post Score: -91

04.28.2013 | 1:56 PM ET

whos wins and how

"i train ufc and im a handfull for anyone"

Responses Page 4

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

04.29.2013 | 1:32 AM ET

Fedor. too fast, too powerful and dat armbar.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.29.2013 | 2:11 AM ET

Fedor was relentless and just impossible to KO in his prime, plus he had more experience that Jones, I'd go with Fedor

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.29.2013 | 2:45 AM ET

Experience is one of the worst arguments you can make - its not qualitative. Shogun, Jackson, Evans, Belfort were all significantly more experienced than Jones.  Jones is a new breed. Fedor, while he was great for his time, primarily fought 1 dimensional fighters - cro cop, nog, randleman, coleman.. all good at just one thing. WHile jones has dispatched Machida, Rampage, Evans, Belfort, who are all arguably dangerous everywhere. Jones also has gameplanning and body to his advantage. I think it would be a very fun fight.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

04.29.2013 | 6:24 AM ET

Fedor would obviously die a thousand deaths. Picking Fedor is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"I Get Better."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.29.2013 | 7:18 AM ET

Yep picking a top 2 GOAT is such a dumb choice. Let's not act like Bones didn't almost get his arm snapped by Vitor who's ground game is nowhere near Fedor's.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.29.2013 | 8:46 AM ET

@Swickotine I'm not comparing Kevin Love to Wilt Chamberlain in terms of accomplishments, I'm comparing him in skill. The point I'm trying to make is that Kevin Love would beat him only because he started playing 50 years after Wilt but it doesn't make him better.

Really think about it, if Love and Wilt were to go on 1 on 1, who would really win? I'm not saying Love is better than Wilt, I'm saying that Love would beat Wilt but it would be irrelevant to their status in history.

Marshawn Lynch could out-power and out-run Jim Brown, no doubt about it. But Lynch isn't the greatest running back ever is he? Brown is the greatest because of what he could do FOR HIS TIME, like how Wilt was one of the greatest because of what he could do FOR HIS TIME.

Your post makes it seem like I'm comparing Love's accomplishments to Wilt's and if you think I was doing that, you need to go back to grade school because it's obvious that you do not know how to read. Love would definitely beat Wilt 1 on 1, 30 years from now the best player in the NBA would be able to beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1, there's gonna have NFL players running 4.10s 30 years from now, etc etc.

It's Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection projected over time; you guys are arguing against one of the most well-known science theories in the history of the world that only extreme creationists seem to disagree with.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

04.29.2013 | 1:53 PM ET

@Anik I got you, and I understood what you were saying...my opinion is still that Love wouldn't beat Wilt 1 on 1, I could explain why that would be my opinion but I don't want to trade long posts with you...I understand your side of it...I just disagree.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

04.29.2013 | 2:06 PM ET

@jitz you love to fixate on small things man..

1st experience is always a factor lots of fghters win over better opponet because of experience

2nd  Fedor´s skills have been dissected ad nauseaum I just didn´t saw the point of doing it again everybody knows Fedor strengths and Jones´s too so I just jumped to conclussion.

3rd Fedor was more well rounded than Jones, had excellent sambo Judo and a very nice level of BJJ

4th Fedor hava better level of striking than Jones, Jones has a good set of skills but Fedor accomplished what he did being a small HW while Jones had accomplished what he has being the biggest LHW. I´m not sayin Jones only virtue is his size but it doesn´t hurt him either

* Edited at 04.29.2013, 2:08 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.29.2013 | 3:05 PM ET

I thought @Jitz made a good argument there. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

04.29.2013 | 3:32 PM ET

Yes he did, don't know why the thumbs down...

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.29.2013 | 3:38 PM ET

I love to fixate on small things?  What small things? You said Fedor has the experience factor, which i argued means absolutely NOTHING.

3rd Fedor was more well rounded than Jones, had excellent sambo Judo and a very nice level of BJJ

- Dude, first off, Jones isn't even in his prime, and more well rounded? How? Jones has world class wrestling, and great striking. 

4th Fedor hava better level of striking than Jones, Jones has a good set of skills but Fedor accomplished what he did being a small HW while Jones had accomplished what he has being the biggest LHW. I´m not sayin Jones only virtue is his size but it doesn´t hurt him either

- Better level of striking? Many would argue Fedors striking is somewhat sloppy, as he relies on his power frequently. And say what you will about what Fedors accomplished being smaller - Jones has dispatched of higher competition, undoubtedly, in more impressive fashion.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

elementdefeat
elementdefeat
  • Predictions:  128  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  197
  • Post Score: -91

04.29.2013 | 4:49 PM ET

i think jones would tko him 4th round in ufc  it was in pride id go with a soccer kick

"i train ufc and im a handfull for anyone"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

04.29.2013 | 7:20 PM ET

Fedor had really good boxing technique,  having world class wrestling and good striking doesn´t make you well rounded, Fedor wrestling wasn´t as good as Jones but he was good at it which he combined with his sambo and boxing to obtain great results his BJJ was good and he was a very good judoka also, and that´s the part which Jones is not that good at that´s why I sai he is more well rounded than Jones I´m talking about all aspects of MMA you are fixating on wrestling and striking because that suits your argument.

Jon Jones has defeated a past his prime Shogun and Rampage, a lackluster Rashad who hasn´t been the same since he got KTFO by  Lyoto a smaller Belfort and Sonnen who went up a division and are overrated anyway the best fighter he has defeated IMO is Machida Fedor fought the best of his time, Coleman, Mirko when he was a killer and Nogueira was unstoppable and he defeated them several times he defeated Hunt when he had already beaten Wanderlei and Mirco, the best at their divisions.

want to see the greatness of the fighters that Jones has fought

all the records are since the Jones fight

Rua 2-3

Rampage 0-3

Rashad 0-2

Machida 2-0 the only real top 5 on his prime fighter Jones has defeated

Belfort 1-1 who was fighting at MW at the time

* Edited at 04.29.2013, 7:29 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

04.29.2013 | 7:22 PM ET

Machida is the only LEGIT/in prime dude Jones has fought. Sad but true. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

04.29.2013 | 7:23 PM ET

Jones would come in ... 1 hand on the mat like an ass, he would then throw some ******** spinning back elbow and Fedor would knock him the **** out. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

04.29.2013 | 8:02 PM ET

@Livetowrestle, is that the best you've got? An almost got his arm snapped, last time I checked almost means **** all, escpecially seeing Jones got out of it and won convincingly. Fedor can't even beat an over the hill middleweight. Fedor's ground game? Dude, you're funny, his ground game is useless in modern MMA. Jones is so far ahead in everything, it's a pointless comparison.

"I Get Better."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.29.2013 | 8:08 PM ET

I see this is pointless (as is debating Fedor's legacy usually is). I cant respect the opinion so asinine as " Fedor can't even beat an over the hill middleweight. Fedor's ground game? Dude, you're funny, his ground game is useless in modern MMA." 

I am done here peeps

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.29.2013 | 8:12 PM ET

MikeHatesHisLife is right about Machida being the only excellent fighter in his prime that Jones has defeated but the opponents that Fedor did face were more one dimensional because of the era in which he faced them.

Fedor's boxing is ******* excellent though; Jack Slack has some amazing striking breakdowns that just make you want to bask in Fedor's glory.

"الله أكبرl"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,153  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.29.2013 | 8:13 PM ET

I actually thought Fedor beat Lindland pretty convincingly.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,151  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

04.29.2013 | 8:15 PM ET

Jones by doctors stoppage or TKO due to elbows.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304
  • MMAFighting.com : Cédric Doumbé: Anthony Pettis fight ‘99 percent’ a done deal
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC matchmaker sends emphatic message to prospects hoping to get noticed and signed 
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC FPI 7 Highlights, Streaming Results | Rod vs. Fowler
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Robert Valentin | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Guillermo Torres | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Mairon Alves | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Mania : Strickland Claims ‘Pea Brain’ Paulo Has ‘Yet To Sign Contract’