Tapology Forums

who can beat cain velasquez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lexiblair
lexiblair
  • Predictions:  21  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 105

04.16.2013 | 5:31 PM ET

Responses Page 4

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,494  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,249
  • Post Score: 146

04.17.2013 | 8:17 AM ET

it took JDS 1 hit to put Cain to sleep and Cain pounded JDS for 5 rouds and couldn't finish the fight. JDS is the biggest threat. 

"Wizzard of Tapology"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.17.2013 | 8:41 AM ET

Beating some one ass everywhere for 5 rounds is far more impressive then clipping someone with a single punch. We got are self's some JDS nut huggers. Hope we see another rematch, just so I can watch Cain beat the crap out of him again.

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 8:41 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

04.17.2013 | 8:52 AM ET

@Franklin880088 "nut huggers"? You're ridiculous; we're all saying the same thing here.

JDS is Cain's bigget threat, however we simply disagree on the degree of threat.

I personally believe Cain will dominate the division for quite some time.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.17.2013 | 9:14 AM ET

I'm normally the first one who would jump on Justynbomar's craziness but to think Werdum has a good chance against Cain isn't that crazy.

Cain most likely won't take him down and while Cain has solid kickboxing skills, Werdum improved in that aspect drastically. Werdum had some good exchanges with Reem standing, KO'ed Russow who has a great chin and beat the **** out of Big Country standing. Cain on the other hand had problems with Kongo's stand up.

Not saying Werdum will win but it is closer than people seem to think it is...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476

04.17.2013 | 9:39 AM ET

I would pick Velasquez over anyone right now, but I think it might be Daniel Cormier. Werdum can survive and submit Velasquez from the bottom if he makes a mistake, but I don't think he does. Cormier has the best prevention from getting taken down and could outwrestle Velasquez to a decision. There's always Dos Santos because he has done it before. But I'd pick Velasquez over anyone and possibly anyone in MMA history in any weight class but that might be too premature.
ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,139  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

04.17.2013 | 9:54 AM ET

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 9:55 AM ET *

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.17.2013 | 10:38 AM ET

@diele  Russow was  out of his league in the UFC, he defeated a couple of sub par fighters (Dufee with a lucky punch) and when he faced a legit fighter he got KO'd fast, anyone who survives the 1st round can beat the **** out of Nelson... Overeem fair enough, I know Werdum has improved his striking very much he is not the same fighter that fought JDS, but Cain is not the same fighter that fought Kongo..we all saw him out struck JDS (I'm talking specifically rd 1 I'm not counting the rest of the fight.)who is/was considered the best striker in the HW div.
I'm not saying Werdum is an easy match I think that beside JDS he is Cain biggest threat, but also I believe it's nothing Cain can't handle

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.17.2013 | 11:08 AM ET

@legacyofmisfortune he was able to use his wrestling in all of his previous fights, except for the first JDS fight which ended quickly. This is also the reason he "out struck" JDS in the first round of their second fight. He was threatening with takedowns the whole time.

I don't think he is going to shoot on Werdum that often if at all. That should make it very interesting.

Werdum didn't survive the first round against Big Country he won it. Besides Roy doesn't have really poor cardio so I don't get what you are trying to say there.

Anyways if they ever fight I think Werdum could get the job done...

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 11:11 AM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

04.17.2013 | 11:08 AM ET

totally agree with @legacy

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 11:08 AM ET *

"@AndySalasMMA"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

04.17.2013 | 11:10 AM ET

Muay thai Werdum 2.0 is a beast, I'm sure he will beat Nog decisively enough to be granted a title shot immediatley after the fight. Cain will have his hands full.

"@AndySalasMMA"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

04.17.2013 | 1:53 PM ET

@diele,yes he out struck JDS because of his TD´s treath, I think he will TD werdum, Cain has great positioning and awarnes of subs I´m not sying he has great or even good BJJ I´m just talking about his positioning and body placement awarness and he has the most brutal gnp in the UFC that could take someones BJJ out, but still Werdum will always be a treath on the mat and anyone who takes him lightly is a fool. anyway IMO cain is a better striker than Werdum and I think it would be foolish of Werdum not to be afraid of his takedowns because Cain gnp is as dangerous as Werdum BJJ..another fight where he didn´t used his wrestling was big nog that ended quick too  :)

come on are you really trying to convience me that Big country doesn´t have bad cardio?... . because how many decision fights has he won=0 how many has lost =3 how many fights in the UFC past the 1st round has won = 1 Cro Cop who was a can in the UFC and a shell of the fighter he used to be.

I know you have a good sence of humor so it must be that

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.17.2013 | 2:23 PM ET

Roy Nelson doesn't have bad cardio for a heavyweight. He looks like he should have but he really doesn't. Why does it matter how many decision fights he won in the UFC ? It's the heavyweight division. In those 3 fights he lost via decision he just gassed in the Mir fight, Mir gassed too it was a horrible fight.

He was still going strong in the 3rd against JDS although he got blasted hard severeal times which takes alot out of you. Don't call CroCop a "can" please besides this has nothing to do with Roy's cardio. It was a intensive fight with alot of flurrys and Roy was going strong in the 3rd and finished a old CroCop (never a can CroCop)...

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

04.17.2013 | 2:29 PM ET

I´ll give you the fight with JDS but he was wasted against Mir and Werdum, he was also very tired against Cro cop, I´m/was a huge fan of Cro Cop but he was not the same fighter in the UFC he hardly striked and much less used his leg kicks, he just stood there taking punches with out unleashing hell on his opponents like he used to, that´s what I mean anyway lets just agree to disagree I think Roy has lost most of his fights because of his cardio you think otherwise, it´s cool

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.17.2013 | 2:35 PM ET

He lost the Mir fight because he was outwrestled, he lost the Werdum fight because he had no answer for the Thai clinch and got hurt bad in the 1st round. He lost to JDS because well JDS is just the better striker. Not because he had cardio proplems.

Yeah we have to agree to disagree on that one...

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

04.17.2013 | 2:43 PM ET

No one can beat Cain other than junior. Those two truly are far and away better than the rest of the division. Even more than cormeir who is number 3 IMO but still no where close to JDS and Cain. But he will be at 205 eventually so it doesn't matter 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

04.17.2013 | 2:47 PM ET

JDS cant beat Cain anymore. His wrestling, and BJJ is that of a 10 year old compared to Cain. He will forever be worried about the takedown, and THAT is why Cain will forever outstrike him.

"3HUNNA"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.17.2013 | 2:52 PM ET

I think JDS can still beat Cain, I think he ate a huge shot in that fight and was never able to recover from it. I also think that these guys could fight quite a few times and alternate wins.

@Trae To say that JDS can't beat Cain is just silly, he already proved he could finish him with one punch so if they fought a couple more times you think there is no chance JDS could land a punch that could put Cain out again?

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 2:54 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

04.17.2013 | 3:06 PM ET

JDS cant beat him anymore. That 1st fight was fluke, and we all see what happened in the 2nd fight, dude got knocked out twice, during that fight.

"3HUNNA"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.17.2013 | 3:09 PM ET

Guess we will have to agree to disagree and wait to see what happens. I just think at that weight class one punch can change the outcome of a fight when you got those monsters throwing bombs.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

04.17.2013 | 4:20 PM ET

That is a stupid thing to say. JDS still has by far the best chance of beating Cain Velasquez besides DC (who won't fight Cain ever anyways.)

Honestly the two that come to mind are JDS and believe it or not, Frank Mir. I'm not saying Frank Mir would beat Cain, I'm saying imo he has the 2nd best chance among the current HWs. 

* Edited at 04.17.2013, 4:23 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me